No one is happier to see the back of 2017 than Prince Charles

Started by Kritter, January 06, 2018, 04:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

How Charles stepped aside to let Harry become a radio star | Daily Mail Online

QuoteNo one is happier to see the back of 2017 than Prince Charles ? a year when he was virtually written out of the royal script as his sons marked the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana?s death and paid lavish tribute to their mother.

As numerous TV documentaries either ignored the Prince of Wales?s part in the tragedy or reduced it to that of villain of the piece, a series of bruising opinion polls showed his popularity was flagging.

One revealed that only one-third of Britons believe the Prince had been beneficial for the Monarchy ? down from nearly two-thirds four years earlier. A quarter believed that Charles had had a negative impact on the Royal Family, compared with a sixth in 2013. Fewer than one in ten thought his influence very positive.

royalanthropologist

Ah. Good old DM always looking for the negative angle on everything. 2017 was a miserable year? Maybe for them. I doubt it was for Charles. His youngest son is engaged for a start and he is expecting his 3rd grand child. That roughly constitutes a good year.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

amabel

I can assure them that there are many people who have had really bad times in the last year and are far happier to see the end of the year, than Charles could ever be.

royalanthropologist

I agree. Better to count your blessings than worry about what has not gone quite right in the year.  POW is an exceptionally blessed and privileged man. The idea that he had the most miserable year is a complete nonsense and typical of DM trashy writing.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Kritter

Quote from: amabel on January 06, 2018, 07:14:27 AM
I can assure them that there are many people who have had really bad times in the last year and are far happier to see the end of the year, than Charles could ever be.

Yes but how many of those people need a good image to help the Monarchy survive & have found out that they get less popular with each year? Have found out that the woman he destroyed it all for is never going to be accepted by their children.

Camilla got the big snub in front of Charles on Christmas day. He has found out that his Sons are more wanted by the people than he ever will be. But Camilla was non-negotiable. Charles is finding out that he should have been strong enough to not let another man's wife manipulate him the way she did. His Karma is coming home & he knows 2018 isn't going to be any better.

Regrets I bet he has had many. He is realizing that he is the one that lost the "War of the Wales". His Sons have grown up & the mental health campaign has helped them sort everything out in their own minds. They love their Dad but will never accept Miss Non-Negotiable & the people will back them.

TLLK

Quote from: amabel on January 06, 2018, 07:14:27 AM
Amen to that @amabel.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Im sure the Grenfell Tower residents or London and other cities attack victims are more happy to see 2017 go away, but yes, it was a year that Charles took it on the chin, public opinion wise, but mummy is letting him do more play time in the regal sandbox so maybe its not all a wash LOL  :happy17:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Kritter

The Monarchy will do what is necessary to survive. Charles has spent his life waiting but also ruining his much needed image with the people. He has interfered in politics to often, been outspoken to much about things that he has limited knowledge of & shown a side to the man that people detest. He should have just remained silent as the Queen has done & protected his image.

At 70 he & his wife are the least liked royals & the "firm" have turned their hopes to the younger royals. Charles will be King but he will be King as a has-been if he even makes it at all. He has started to realize his own life mistakes because the chickens are coming home to roost.

Yes there are many tragedies that people can go over & over for 2017 but the article is about one man & his bad year.

royalanthropologist

The idea that "his sons have never accepted Camilla" does not stand up to scrutiny. They who were witnesses at her wedding and called on her to be a witness at one of theirs. They who said they "loved her".  There are no issues with the monarchy. Charles will be a great king and so will Camilla. They have the temperament for it and have shown the right approach. The monarchy will do just fine. Far better than the trash going on in the USA.

Being "least liked" by perfect strangers is not the end of the world. Trump won an election with 35% approval rating. King of Sweden has similar. There are polls and polls. British establishment will never accept a change in succession based on polls. It is not how it is done. In any case Charles has been an exceptional prince of wales and will also be an exceptional king. Not passive like his mum whose main achievement has been to oversee the decline of Britain.

There are no chickens coming home to roost. Charles children love and respect him. So does his wife, step children and extended family. The rest is just rehashed and tired tabloid fodder.

Having said all that: I do concur that the biggest mistake Charles has ever made is proposing to and marrying Diana Spencer. It was a spectacular error of judgement and I am sure he regrets it bitterly to this day.

Trudie

^@royalanthropologist according to Charles it wasn't his spectacular error of judgment that made him propose to Diana Spencer it was everyone else most notably his father. Just because William was one of the witnesses to Charles marriage to Camilla  doesn't mean total acceptance as in recent years William has shown. William is mindful of projecting a united front for which the Windsors are famous for one had to live through the turmoil of the 80's and 90's to see that. As for Charles and Camilla being a witness at Williams wedding as His father Charles had to sign the registry and Camilla as his stepmother since Diana was no longer living. The main witnesses at that Wedding however, were Harry the best man and Pippa the chief bridesmaid. Charles sons do love him there is no doubt however, in recent public celebrations where have you seen them close to Camilla?

Kritter

^ Did you see that video at the church on Christmas when W&H were explaining to Meghan what comes next. Camilla said something & got the cold shoulder, she turned around quickly & the look on her face said it all. Then she started speaking to Charles the only one there willing to talk to her.

amabel

Kritter

It was rude for Camilla to try & interject herself in their conversation.

royalanthropologist

Quote from: Trudie on January 06, 2018, 07:32:53 PM
^@royalanthropologist according to Charles it wasn't his spectacular error of judgment that made him propose to Diana Spencer it was everyone else most notably his father. Just because William was one of the witnesses to Charles marriage to Camilla  doesn't mean total acceptance as in recent years William has shown. William is mindful of projecting a united front for which the Windsors are famous for one had to live through the turmoil of the 80's and 90's to see that. As for Charles and Camilla being a witness at Williams wedding as His father Charles had to sign the registry and Camilla as his stepmother since Diana was no longer living. The main witnesses at that Wedding however, were Harry the best man and Pippa the chief bridesmaid. Charles sons do love him there is no doubt however, in recent public celebrations where have you seen them close to Camilla?

Charles likes to deflect blame just like everybody else. People find it hard to admit they made a mistake but I am certain that he realizes now that marrying Diana was a monumental mistake.

As for Camilla being close to W&H, it was never really on the table. She did not raise them and has not indicated that she in for being their "mother". All that is required is decorum and familial solidarity. That is exactly what they are doing. I just get the feeling that people read too much into too many things. Camilla is not going to hug and kiss W&H on a state occasion. It is not in her personality. Neither is it in Charles'. This is just how they are. Not everybody is permanently attached to their grown up children as if not being with them is the end of their own life.

Double post auto-merged: January 07, 2018, 07:46:37 AM

Quote from: Kritter on January 06, 2018, 07:43:21 PM
^ Did you see that video at the church on Christmas when W&H were explaining to Meghan what comes next. Camilla said something & got the cold shoulder, she turned around quickly & the look on her face said it all. Then she started speaking to Charles the only one there willing to talk to her.

So William and Meghan are snubbing Camilla?Nobody talks to Camilla in the BRF? i am sorry but sounds completely ridiculous. This is not some high school clique.

wannable

Quote from: Kritter on January 06, 2018, 07:43:21 PM

Same video of Meghan who was ignoring Harry, whilst enthralled with William.

Trudie

Quote from: royalanthropologist on January 07, 2018, 07:44:48 AM
Charles likes to deflect blame just like everybody else. People find it hard to admit they made a mistake but I am certain that he realizes now that marrying Diana was a monumental mistake.

As for Camilla being close to W&H, it was never really on the table. She did not raise them and has not indicated that she in for being their "mother". All that is required is decorum and familial solidarity. That is exactly what they are doing. I just get the feeling that people read too much into too many things. Camilla is not going to hug and kiss W&H on a state occasion. It is not in her personality. Neither is it in Charles'. This is just how they are. Not everybody is permanently attached to their grown up children as if not being with them is the end of their own life.

Double post auto-merged: January 07, 2018, 07:46:37 AM

So William and Meghan are snubbing Camilla?Nobody talks to Camilla in the BRF? i am sorry but sounds completely ridiculous. This is not some high school clique.

Seriously? Charles likes to deflect blame for everything that goes wrong with his life. I have yet to see Charles take responsibility for any mistake he has ever made.

Quote from: wannable on January 07, 2018, 02:52:46 PM
Same video of Meghan who was ignoring Harry, whilst enthralled with William.

That same video showed Meghan talking to both Kate and William and she was not ignoring Harry he was speaking to her as well she was nervous having to curtsy and it appeared they were putting her at ease.

wannable

The entire time in the video MM did not turn her head to acknowledge Harry, she was intently listening and looking at William. So as her "detractor's" reveal.

This is an exercise of people will see what they want to see, translation: the Camilla dislikers see what they want to see. So I threw the bone of what the MM dislikers see too.

FanDianaFancy

Again... pardon me for repeating myself for the 100th time.

Let?s bring it back to the facts and not our fandom.

PC and C will be K and Q. It may take another 8 to 10 years. King Charles and Queen Camilla will be there for at least , into their 90s
They will be about 80 to 90 years old. It will be a short reign for them, but it will be.
No, I cannot say who will live ...etc., but aFACTS, these folks do not die early. They have long lives due to best preventive and constant medical care and stress free lives.

2017 and every year of PC life was a good year. There has never been job lose, mortgage, etc. even in his divorced year, there was no lonliness , loss of reputation , etc that common folks go through.

W and H are cordial, civil, and are always totally on the job with Camilla  as they all work for the same company.
They work together and are the best colleagues, co workers. Totally business.
W has a Mom and Dad he is very close to named Carole and Micheal.
W has his work, esters from QE per his rank. His kids. His family and friends.
H is now getting more of an adult life too.
Both princes shared with the public thoughts about their mother who is deceased.

Both princes love their father, PC, and admire some things about him. They are both as close to him as they can and he needs to be, can be, etc. their way for the three of them.
Yes, C and C are not up rank on the popularity list of th3 royals. C and C will be K and Q because it is not open to vote or anything. Popularity for the royals matter because it keeps the machine going. Yes, H and fianc? and W and growing family are . The youth thing. Glam K and Glam M.