News, Photos and Chat about Albert & Charlene's wedding - July 2011

Started by marine2109, May 10, 2011, 06:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

Quote from: WOW on July 11, 2011, 05:38:07 PM
I feel like this marriage is doomed if these reports are true.

The father of the bride has spoken up. He confirms the couple slept in separate hotels, 20 minute driving distance, because Prince Albert had a business meeting the next day at 7 a.m. at the Hilton.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2013835/Princess-Charlene-Monacos-father-claims-marriage-Prince-Albert-NOT-sham.html

Lindelle

I think I'm the only one in the world to believe this marriage is for real.
Even the males in my household think i'm not seeing it for what it's alleged to be - a sham.
Although, I'd be very unhappy if my new husband spent a night away from me so that does say something very odd.
Confused you haven't I?

wannable

What a lame excuse, according to the DM, Charlene's father confirms Hotel A to Hotel B, 20 minute distance.   

FanDianaFancy

Princesse Grace

I think this is a bad beguinning for a marriage.... :cry:

wannable

Prince Albert arranges second honeymoon after he reveals he DID sleep apart from his bride Charlene in South Africa

QuoteA constitutional expert last week suggested to French magazine VSD that Charlene had a 'pact' to produce a legitimate heir with her new husband before the couple can go their separate ways.
The professor, who teaches at the lycee Albert 1 in Monaco, added: 'It's the main reason for this peculiar marriage.'   

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2014235/Prince-Albert-arranges-second-honeymoon-Princess-Charlene.html#ixzz1Rzy9H2eB

amabel

Quote from: wannabe on July 13, 2011, 03:17:14 PM
Prince Albert arranges second honeymoon after he reveals he DID sleep apart from his bride Charlene in South Africa

QuoteA constitutional expert last week suggested to French magazine VSD that Charlene had a ‘pact’ to produce a legitimate heir with her new husband before the couple can go their separate ways.
The professor, who teaches at the lycee Albert 1 in Monaco, added: ‘It’s the main reason for this peculiar marriage.’   

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2014235/Prince-Albert-arranges-second-honeymoon-Princess-Charlene.html#ixzz1Rzy9H2eB

well that makes sense.....

scook91870

I think we can all agree that Charlene made a Faustian bargain with Albert.  She must produce a legimate, caucasian heir and she gets to live a life of luxury.  I don't know who's worse though -- her father or her new husband.  Yuck!

missing diana

Quote from: amabel on July 04, 2011, 04:14:39 PM

where did you read all this?  I've had a look at the Net and theres nothing about her "running away".. and I presume she is from a wealthy family... plus she is 33....

Apparently she is from a very middleclass family.  Her father was a salesman and her mother a part time swim coach (and competitive diver per the NYT).

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/03/fashion/weddings/charlene-wittstock-prince-albert-ii-weddings.html

Wikipedia:

Charlene was born in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe.[2] She is the daughter of Michael Kenneth Wittstock (born 1946)[3], a sales manager, and Lynette Wittstock (née Humberstone, born 1957), a former competitive diver and swimming coach.[4][5] Charlene has two younger brothers: Gareth (born 1980), a computer technician, and Sean (born 1983), a sales representative.[4] Her family relocated to South Africa in 1989 when she was 11 years old.[2] Charlene attended Tom Newby Primary school in Benoni, near Johannesburg, from 1988 to 1991.[6]
The Wittstock family is of German origin; Charlene's great-great-grandparents Martin Gottlieb Wittstock and Louise Wittstock emigrated to South Africa from the Pomeranian village of Zerrenthin in northern Germany in 1861 to escape hardship. In South Africa the Wittstocks worked as handymen and unsuccessfully hunted for diamonds.[7] Gottlieb's son Heinrich Carl Wittstock would marry Olive Florence Caldwell, of English origin. Their son Dudley Kenneth Wittstock, Charlene's paternal grandfather, married Sylvia Fagan Nicolson, also of English origin.[8]
Michael Wittstock said in April 2011 that he was considering moving the family from Benoni to Monaco due to South Africa's crime rate.[9]
[edit]

Anyway, I wish her luck and hope she finds happiness, but not by going under the knife anymore.