Girlfriend

Started by Liv Jones, July 12, 2003, 09:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liv Jones

Do you think that Harry is single now or not? I havent heard anything about Laura in quite a while.

What do you think?

foxy lady rocks!

Liv Jones

foxy lady rocks!

hehe. we are so mean!  i wanna go see him again!  i think he might be at tidworth again tomorrow, coz its the same team that he was on on thursday and the same one as he was on today.

Liv Jones

you are so lucky you live in england...i wish i was british!  :P

liv

foxy lady rocks!

well americans are sort of.  the british discovered america, apart from the african americans. so we are sort of related!

Liv Jones

well when you look at it that way... :D americans do not have the best reputation though. And plus, i love british accents, and i can't wait to move there..hopefully after boarding school.  :D

liv

Tinker2121

I know! it sux to live in america at times cuz prince harry is in england...across the ocean... :angry:  

sunshine69

Umm...actually, the Spanish discovered the Americas.  
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

This is REAL love..."For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, b

Liv Jones

i think she meant they ruled us..until well of course we had war.

riley

unfortunately i think he's still with laura cuz i was looking at some old articles on him...(the one on him having the kissing disease) that in particualr shows pics of them together kissing and shit...and thats from early 2002......but i wish he was single. oh well. cheers.
"Nobody can make you feel inferior with out your permission." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

"I wanna be so close to Heaven I see Angels..."~Sugarland

Liv Jones

luckily, that was from a year ago...and where did you see the kissing disease article? i dont think i have ever read that.

liv

pixie

Quoteamericans do not have the best reputation though.
I read a lot of foreign press, and the differences between what we think of us and what they do are shocking.   We have a terrible reputation abroad, and a good part of it is deserved.  When I travel, which is quite often, I try to not answer questions about where I'm from . . . in Paris for a long weekend in february, I actually just lied and told people that I was canadian.  (Just to throw it out there, I really like the french and am against the whole freedom fries rubbish.)

I'd love to live in London.  I want to be a journalist when I grow up, so I will, of course, go where I can get a job, but in a dream world I'd live in London and write for the Guardian.  I've already got a house there, after all .  :D  :D  :D  
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

Liv Jones

Quoteamericans do not have the best reputation though.
....We have a terrible reputation abroad, and a good part of it is deserved.  When I travel, which is quite often, I try to not answer questions about where I'm from . . . in Paris for a long weekend in february, I actually just lied and told people that I was canadian.  (Just to throw it out there, I really like the french and am against the whole freedom fries rubbish.)

I'd love to live in London.
i feel the same...i spent my spring break in Italy..and when asked where i was from...i said Canada  :P

i really feel the whole "freedom fries" and such is going way out of hand...and like i said a while go.. im not looking foward to speaking "freedom" when school starts again

im hoping when and if i move to london(which i oh so want to do) im really hoping i can pick up a good british accent, and go along saying im british...or keep saying im from canada  :P

liv

foxy lady rocks!

u do know england isn't that great apart from harry!

Liv Jones

Quoteu do know england isn't that great apart from harry!
have you ever been to america? its not exactly a party either

foxy lady rocks!

no i haven't, but it looks so much nicer!  and hotter, and more exciting.  i get told by all the americans where i go to school that we are retards and that we are posh tossers.  which i dont think is particulary nice! so its a good thing u lot would like to come to england!  (i think thats why some people dont like the americans over here - they take the piss out of our accents and traditions)

Liv Jones

what do you mean take the piss out of the accents?....and what are some thiings that brits hate about americans..im just wonderin..i wont take anything personally

foxy lady rocks!

just when i went to the american base the other month with some of  my american friends, they were really bitchy and called us snobby english tossers, and our boarding skule uniform is green and all girls, so they called us lesbian green snots.  its not very nice when there is a whole base of them and ony u as an english person!  and with the accent they just take the pis out of it and say we're posh and say stupid things about it.   not really mean, just bitchy and arogant really.

sunshine69

My personal view comes from the old quote "The grass is always greener...."

*shrugs* Every place has its pros and cons...

Yes, "freedom" fries are ridiculous.

But I do know one thing. Now, I haven't travelled out of the country much (twice to Canada, twice to Mexico, once to Ireland, and once to Sweden) but I would never, never, NEVER be ashamed to speak up and say that I was from America. I am proud to be an American. Of course, that may come from my "devil may care" attitude...
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

This is REAL love..."For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, b

foxy lady rocks!

lol. good for you!  never be ashamed of who you are!   :D  

Liv Jones

oh i am def. not ashamed to be american...i just am afraid i wont get the same respect i guess you could say..because at this time americans arent the most popular you could say

foxy lady rocks!

i have nothing agaisnt them, so if anyone in england does when u come over, give them a peice of your mind or just think they are stupid racist tossers with nothing better to do apart from pick on other races which 'aren't as good as them' grrrrrrr! they annoy me!

*chest now feels a lot lighter*  - been a stressful day!

sunshine69

I can understand why people wouldn't want to say they are from the U.S.A. Can't say I agree with it, but I do respect others decisions...in the immortal words of Voltaire, "I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it."

Dang it, I really need to stop brushing up on history.  :lol:  

pixie

I'd just rather not spend spend my time dealing with the stereotypes and prejudices that are associated with americans . . . I wouldn't renounce my citizenship or anything, but I don't agree with a lot of things that are going on in our country now (Patriot Act, anyone?) and I'd hate for people to think I do.

I'll stand up for America a good deal of the time, but there are times, especially when I'm abroad and on vacation, when I'd like my frites without a side of politics.
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams