The wheels come off Harry's R-R polo team

Started by abhaya, March 06, 2006, 01:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenee

QuoteAccording to insiders, bosses at Rolls are concerned that the
wayward Prince – whose annual appearances at the Cartier always end
up as a boozy day out – could jeopardise the brand's reputation.

Harry is usually spotted drinking and dancing until dawn and two
years ago caused a major security scare when he refused to stay in
the VIP area and instead spent the night knocking back Vodka Red
Bulls and chain-smoking with fellow guests. Harry took on the
leadership of the team after the Prince of Wales announced his
retirement from the game last year because of an ongoing back problem.

uh-oh.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Lila the Flirt

So? As long as the team wins, right? Leave Harry alone.  <_<

QuoteThe 21-year-old Prince has, of course, quit smoking and found a new discipline since starting at Sandhurst – but that doesn't seem to have swayed bosses at the car firm.

He has?  :woo: :woo: :woo:

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Smartie**

the link's not working for me. Can someone PM it to me?
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. 
~Ambrose Redmoon

Lila the Flirt

You need to be a member. Hang on a sec. I'll PM it to you. :)

chavita

Harryite #0009

Lila the Flirt

Quote from: chavita on March 06, 2006, 03:45:40 PM
please lila! me too

:neenerneener:  :lol: No problem, Chav. I'll send it to you. :hug:

chavita

thanx lila :hug:

QuoteRolls-Royce is still associated with a Cartier polo event in Dubai and insists its decision to end backing for the Prince's team has nothing to do with Harry

i'm so sick of this. who the hell said it was bcoz of Harry then? why is always Harry's fault?! after all, he doesn't party alone, doesn't he go with the team? :rant:
Harryite #0009

Lila the Flirt

You are most welcome, my squirrel.  :neenerneener:

Harryites, unite.  :lol: :lol:

chavita

:waaaah: our poor little Harry bear :waaaah:
Harryite #0009

Smartie**

Oh thats awful. I hope they'll still be able to play this year. And if it had nothing to do with Harry why did the article suggest it might in the beggining? If anything Harry would bring in more publicity, and I would think that'd be an advantage. Good or bad it's publicity right? (ugh if the boy next to me doesn't turn down his video game volume)
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. 
~Ambrose Redmoon

chavita

and how could it be bad publicity?! it's prince harry after all. and everybody in this world parties! how is that bad? he's young, rich...let him live!

oh and i'm also glad he gave up smoking..it was about time! :) my dad gave it up when he was 21 too
Harryite #0009

Harry2me4ever

Smartie**

:shrugs: I don't know how it'd be bad publicity (were you refering that to me or the article?) LOL
~Ambrose Redmoon

chavita

Harryite #0009

Smartie**

oh alright LOL.I meant in general :) not really refering to Harry.
~Ambrose Redmoon

Stix Chix

Quote from: Lila the Flirt on March 06, 2006, 04:01:54 PM
Harryites, unite.  :lol: :lol:

absolutly!  we're from all over the World!  we could help raise the money with an International....i dont know....Bake Sale! :woo:    or a kissing booth. :kisskiss: ;)
think of it!  Team Highgrove, brought to you by The Harryites"TH for TH!" 
but i'm not sure if we could raise enough money to pay for shirts. --nudge nudge wink wink---  :P

but seriously if Land Rover is withdrawing their sponsership then i'm sure someone else would love to fill their space.  remember in Australia when Harry was at the World Cup wearing his old English rugby shirt and the sponsers of the england side sent him a new shirt cuz the new sponsers wanted the exposure?  they were disapointed that he wouldnt change it for his old "lucky" shirt :happy: bcuz they could have brought in a lot of publicity for their product.

and btw-----whats with this anti-harryisim/harryism/abuse?!  :hissyfit: :mad: :windsor: :rant2: :fuming:  thats a load of crap and i'll never spend a cent on any Landrover product ever and i better not be near any raw eggs the next time i see one!  hear me Landrover!?  :soap:
but apologies to Landrover if they dont really feel that way about Harry and it was just some stupid journalist trying to get people to read his article by including Harry in it.   

Harryite #0004

chavita

Land Rover? isn't it Rolls Royce? :dizzy:

Harryite #0009

Harryhannoi

chavita

Harryite #0009

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Stix Chix

:happytears: holy cow is that embarrasing or what?!  :blush: :blush: :blush: :doh: :blond:

Quote from: chavita on March 07, 2006, 04:07:09 PM
i think Stix got a little confused :)
so what else is new?  :kisskiss:

sorry Landrover i take it all back. :hug:  Rolls Royce however can go jump in a lake.  u hear me Rolls Royce?!  a LAKE!
unless u dont really feel that way about Harry and its all a just a tabloid fairy tale.

Harryite #0004