The Charities of the Duchess of Cambridge - Part 2

Started by SophieChloe, October 17, 2014, 05:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limabeany

HG is a strange disease that allows women to exercise so they don't lose te muscle definition on their legs and thighs (baffling tan optional). Lucky Kate.

Kate Middleton shows off her legs but no bump as she dazzles in Jenny Packham dress | Royal | News | Daily Express
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Canuck

I wouldn't expect someone as slim as Kate to lose all visible muscle even if bedridden for 6 weeks.  But (and I feel gross even saying this, because I don't think pregnant women need their bodies scrutinized) I think she actually does look a less toned than her normal super-fit self, especially in the hints of thigh when she went up/down stairs:  http://d3lp4xedbqa8a5.cloudfront.net/s3/digital-cougar-assets/HarpersBazaar/2014/10/22/109139/2.jpg

As for the tan, I think that's just the lighting.  She didn't look particularly tan in the sunlight at the daytime event.

TLLK

^^^Have to agree about pregnant women and their bodies. It's bad enough when the world believes they can pat your abdomen without even asking.  :(

Double post auto-merged: October 22, 2014, 09:07:24 PM

^^^Charlene's appearance has been the subject of discussion as well during her first pregnancy. Royal ladies have the eyes of the world on them all the time.

Limabeany

In this case, it is a valid point of discussion, no need to shame posters for not being politically correct and avoiding any discussion of Kate that isn't worthy of a Nobel meeting. no one NEEDS their body scrutinized or life discussed, she is a royal this is a royal forum and we are discussing her as the royal woman she is.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Canuck

Saw this interesting exchange between Richard Palmer and someone on twitter who finds the theories Kate doesn't have HG ridiculous:

From Richard:
QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge seemed on really good form tonight, very chatty and showing no signs of illness. Very glamorous dress too.

Question he's asked:
Quote@RoyalReporter What do you think of those who are saying your tweet clearly means you don't believe that Kate has HG?

His response:
Quote@Fertiv Where am I supposed to have said this? Of course I believe she's had HG. I have a relative who's been suffering the same.

Richard Palmer on Twitter: "@Fertiv Where am I supposed to have said this? Of course I believe she's had HG. I have a relative who's been

Limabeany

I think she had severe morning sickness, not sure about HG. To each his own, his opinion is as valid as anyone else's.

TLLK

Quote from: Canuck on October 22, 2014, 09:14:41 PM
Saw this interesting exchange between Richard Palmer and someone on twitter who finds the theories Kate doesn't have HG ridiculous:

From Richard:
QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge seemed on really good form tonight, very chatty and showing no signs of illness. Very glamorous dress too.

Question he's asked:
Quote@RoyalReporter What do you think of those who are saying your tweet clearly means you don't believe that Kate has HG?

His response:
Quote@Fertiv Where am I supposed to have said this? Of course I believe she's had HG. I have a relative who's been suffering the same.

Richard Palmer on Twitter: "@Fertiv Where am I supposed to have said this? Of course I believe she's had HG. I have a relative who's been
Read on another site where an ob/gyn requested that the reporter stop calling it  "morning sickness." His complaint was that it was like trying to state that a Category Five Hurricane is a rain shower. The medical professionals must hate to deliver that type of diagnosis to an expectant mother.  :no:

Limabeany

Neither that ob/gyn or anyone else on the internet knows for certain whether it truly is HG or severe morning sickness.  :shrug:

Limabeany

Officially, Charles and Diana's marriage had no problems until Royal Hiroshima burst...  :happy15:

wannable

Huh, the official website states its HG. You think they lied?

Limabeany

I have stated my feelings in the past, many, many times.  :hug:

TLLK

Quote from: Limabeany on October 22, 2014, 11:28:04 PM
Neither that ob/gyn or anyone else on the internet knows for certain whether it truly is HG or severe morning sickness.  :shrug:
This ob was discussing HG in general so the public would have a better understanding of the severity.   I'm sure that Kate' ob/gyn knows and he's been treating her for HG.  :nod: I believe that the official statement would reflect the doctor's diagnosis.

Limabeany

And, I believe the trip to Mustique does not reflect that diagnosis.  :happy15: :truce:

wannable

I do hope she doesn't feel restricted to have a vacation. It's a scrutinized job forever, even after death.

Limabeany

Her only restriction is on working, she can vacation and shop and do her hair to her heart's delight.  :Jen:

wannable

Yes, restricted as in the third generation, she depends on the Queen's SG and the POW's DOC naturally. They don't have their own working budget, no annual report.

Limabeany

She has been restricted from working since she graduated. Uni, poor jail bird...  :blank:

wannable

As a royal yes, like all the young royals, third generation.

tiaras

Quote from: Limabeany on October 23, 2014, 03:46:21 AM
She has been restricted from working since she graduated. Uni, poor jail bird...  :blank:
haha yup  :hehe: and postgrad studies or any other type of further education lmao ..

TLLK

But she did have two jobs during that time so I'm a little confused regarding this comment. Perhaps a better way to phrase it would be "She didn't work as much as I believe she should have." :)

IMO there would be less back and forth discussion over Kate, William etc...if facts were acknowledged regarding her post university years.

She may not have worked as much as some would wish, but to imply that she did not work at all or doesn't do any royal engagements invites the ongoing debate. Just my own two cents. :angel:

wannable

Right! Although many visitors perhaps like to read our rehashed debate.

Limabeany

Quote from: TLLK on October 23, 2014, 02:40:36 PM
But she did have two jobs during that time so I'm a little confused regarding this comment. Perhaps a better way to phrase it would be "She didn't work as much as I believe she should have." :)

IMO there would be less back and forth discussion over Kate, William etc...if facts were acknowledged regarding her post university years.

She may not have worked as much as some would wish, but to imply that she did not work at all or doesn't do any royal engagements invites the ongoing debate. Just my own two cents. :angel:
She worked serving tea and coffee at Jigsaw, was supposed to work 3 times a week but it is unclear how many times she showed up in the nine months she is presumed to be employed there part time. She is also alleged to have worked at her parents' some time, and was photographed carrying a box once, but it is unclear how often she showed up or what else she did there, there was a claim by her and the palace at the beginning  of the officialization of Kate that she took photographs for the PP catalog but after the story was disproved by a reporter who said all pictures were credited to a professional photog, it was shelved, and given the condition given to the jigsaw owner for working there that she be available when her boyfriend called, and the initial lie about what she did at PP, it is also unclear how often she worked there or what she did there as well. She married at 29 and was employed twice under the condition of being available when her high profile boyfriend, quoting the Jigsaw owner, called. Just my own two cents.   :wink:

Canuck

Kate did work three days a week at Jigsaw to provide flexibility, but she was an accessories buyer not a tea and coffee server.  I believe the thing about tea and coffee came from a report about a fashion shoot where Kate was acting as an assistant (which does involve running errands and fetching things for people), but her actual job, per the head of the company and every other media report I've seen, was as an accessories buyer.

I think we've discussed the Party Pieces photo thing somewhere here before, but if I recall the professional photos "disproving" Kate's role were action shots of children at parties while Kate did the (less difficult) photos of the actual merchandise as well as the website design.  I believe the press found out that Kate was leaving when someone noticed an job advertisement for her replacement, which suggests she was in fact doing work for the company since they had need to hire someone new when she quit.

Limabeany

Her colleagues have said she only served tea and coffee at photo shoots, accessories buyer was the job description not what she did. She appears to have had no actual job there, beyond a place to put in her resume and for them free pr. There has been no evidence of Kate's work at PP as a designer of anything. Which should not have been so difficult to produce.