Prince Harry to attend WellChild awards

Started by Jennifer, September 21, 2016, 06:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

I am glad that Prince Harry is a patron of WellChild. This company helps the sick children and their families. It is good for people to know that there is help available for those who need it.

It has been announced that Prince Harry will be attending the Annual Awards of WellChild on the 3rd October at The Dorchester in Central London. He has been their patron since 2007, and this will be the seventh time he has attended the ceremony. Prior to the actual awards, he will attend a pre-ceremony reception where he will have a chance to meet and chat with the winners of all the age categories and their highly supportive families. He will then go on to the ceremony, where in addition to presenting the Award for Most Inspirational Child (aged 4-6), he will give a short speech. It is understood the Prince will commend the courage of these seriously ill children and their families, and also praise those who work to care for and support them.

WellChild is an organisation that seeks to not only provide support and care to families with seriously ill children, but also to provide a forum where their parents can get together and provide help and support to each other. It is often said you cannot appreciate something unless you have lived through it; with these forums those that have, can give help and support to those who are approaching the situation with fear and dread.

Read more:
Prince Harry to attend WellChild awards – Royal Central
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Jennifer

QuotePrince Harry praises inspiring youngsters at 2016 WellChild Awards

Prince Harry praised the inspiring qualities of some of the UK's seriously ill young people tonight at an award ceremony in Central London.

In his speech celebrating the 2016 WellChild Awards, Harry, 32, said: "This is now my ninth WellChild Awards and each year, at this remarkable event, I am profoundly moved by the people I have met and the stories they have shared with me."

"It is one of those moments in life when you are left in awe at the strength of human character, particularly amongst those so young," he said, adding: "Watching these young people face challenges with such determination, positivity, and good humour never fails to take my breath away."

Read more:
Prince Harry praises inspiring youngsters at 2016 WellChild Awards – Royal Central

Double post auto-merged: October 05, 2016, 01:14:39 PM

It was so special how this boy with Batten disease was able to walk properly as he saw Prince Harry and hugged him. :) He is very good when it comes to interacting with children. That is why they admire him so much.

QuotePrince Harry shares heart-warming hug with seriously ill little boy at WellChild Awards

Prince Harry shared a very special moment with a seriously ill little boy as he attended a ceremony in recognition of inspirational children this week. Ollie Carroll, five, suffers from the rare Batten disease, which affects his mobility and will lead to the point where his muscles stop working. But, when he came face-to-face with the Prince he managed to get to his feet to fling his arms around him in a heart-warming embrace.

Ollie, from Poynton, Cheshire, was the recipient of the inspirational child award for children between four and six at the WellChild Awards – a charity of which Harry is patron. His mother Lucy said she was not sure whether he knew who he was hugging or not, but said Ollie had been instinctively drawn to Harry, leaving his arms wrapped around his neck for several seconds.

"He was thrilled – they both were," Lucy said. "He (Harry) is very privileged because Ollie cannot stand up by himself and he used his strength to stand up and hug him."

Read more:
Prince Harry receives hug at WellChild Awards
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston