Lady Louise and James accompany mother Sophie on royal mission in South Africa

Started by snokitty, April 12, 2015, 12:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snokitty

Lady Louise and James accompany Countess of Wessex on Ubunye Foundation visit | Royal | News | Daily Express
THEY may be the Queen's youngest grandchildren but Lady Louise Windsor and her brother James showed they have inherited Her Majesty's work ethic by undertaking their first overseas royal engagement.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex's 11-year-old daughter and seven-year-old son took a break from their Easter holiday in South Africa last week to accompany their parents on a visit to the Ubunye Foundation, of which Sophie, 50, is patron.

The organisation, based in Grahamstown, helps rural communities in the Eastern Cape to become self-reliant.

The Countess said: "It's very important for my children to see immediately from the moment that they come to South Africa that it's not just about wonderful, beautiful animals and beautiful scenery.

"That there is a huge need to support, protect and nurture the communities that live around and within these beautiful surroundings."
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

Curryong

Quote from: snokitty on April 12, 2015, 12:17:12 AM
Lady Louise and James accompany Countess of Wessex on Ubunye Foundation visit | Royal | News | Daily Express
THEY may be the Queen's youngest grandchildren but Lady Louise Windsor and her brother James showed they have inherited Her Majesty's work ethic by undertaking their first overseas royal engagement.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex's 11-year-old daughter and seven-year-old son took a break from their Easter holiday in South Africa last week to accompany their parents on a visit to the Ubunye Foundation, of which Sophie, 50, is patron.

The organisation, based in Grahamstown, helps rural communities in the Eastern Cape to become self-reliant.

The Countess said: "It's very important for my children to see immediately from the moment that they come to South Africa that it's not just about wonderful, beautiful animals and beautiful scenery.

"That there is a huge need to support, protect and nurture the communities that live around and within these beautiful surroundings."

I think it's excellent news that Louise and James are seeing this important work for themselves. I hope it continues and good on Edward and Sophie for introducing them to it.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on April 12, 2015, 01:45:37 AM
Quote from: snokitty on April 12, 2015, 12:17:12 AM

I think it's excellent news that Louise and James are seeing this important work for themselves. I hope it continues and good on Edward and Sophie for introducing them to it.
I agree :thumbsup:.

HereditaryPrincess

I agree @Curryong, it's wonderful to see that Louise and James have accompanied their parents on this trip. It's good to introduce them to charity work (but they, particularly Louise, have probably been introduced to charity work already since schools in the UK often have lots of events in connection with charities). I wonder if this means that in the future, Louise (and maybe James) will support her mother's charities, I think either one or both of Beatrice and Eugenie support and attend events in connection with some of their mother's charities.

Love the photo of James with the baby.  :vday2:

Jennifer

QuoteSophie gives her kids an eye-opening experience in South Africa

Sophie, Countess of Wessex had the company of not only her husband, but also her two children, 11-year-old Lady Louise and 7-year-old James, when she visited the Ubunye Foundation near Grahamstown, South Africa, earlier this week.

Sophie of Wessex made the private trip to the foundation, of which she's patron, during the family's Easter holiday to the big safari destination Kwandwe Private Game Reserve, South Africa.

Ubunye, a development trust dedicated to uplifting communities in the Eastern Cape, was very excited to welcome the royal guests, and lucky for us the foundation shared a couple of snapshots on Twitter and Facebook.

Read more:
Sophie gives her kids an eye-opening experience in South Africa | Royalista
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

HistoryGirl

Lovely. Great time to start. Still young but old enough to understand.

snokitty

Earl and Countess of Wessex visit Ubunye Foundation accompanied by Lady Louise and Viscount Severn
The Countess of Wessex has spoken of the importance of supporting poor rural communities during a visit to a charity in South Africa. And Sophie, who is the patron of the Ubunye Foundation on the Eastern Cape of South Africa, had some helpers of her own on this trip – her husband and her two children.

The family of four arrived at the Foundation during their Easter break in South Africa and spent several hours meeting some of those who are helped by it. They were welcomed by the director of the Ubunye Foundation, Lucy O'Keeffe, who said that having a patron like Sophie helped spread the message about the importance of their development work to a far wider audience.

The Earl and Countess spoke to many of the people involved with the Ubunye Foundation. As Sophie cradled a young baby her seven-year-old son, Viscount Severn, sat with her and chatted with her about what was going on. Eleven year old Lady Louise Windsor was with her mother as a business owner explained how she had set up her company with the help of the organisation.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

Lucy

Reminds of when Diana took the boys to charity dos.
The Wessex children are very appealing but I rather doubt they shall be featured at many charity events when older. Unless it's like one of Andrew' s daughters accompanying him on the occasional royal patronage appearance.
DIANISTA # 1