Grand Duchess Marie Nikolaevna of Russia

Started by LouisFerdinand, November 28, 2015, 11:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

Grand Duchess Marie Nikolaevna was the third daughter of Tsar Nicholas II and Tsarina Alexandra of Russia.   
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/404690716487666509

Jennifer

"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Jennifer

Grand Duchess Maria had a friendly and angelic personality.  I think she was a great artist. I saw a few of her paintings before. :)

QuoteGrand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna

The 3rd daughter of Tsar Nicholas II and Empress Alexandra, Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna was born on June 26th(o.s 14th) 1899 at the Peterhof Palace, St.Petersburg, Russia.

Born with big, round blue eyes and light brown hair, Maria dreamed of having a large family. She loved fussing and playing with children. She had a very sweet, kind and friendly personality and loved to talk to people and had simple tastes. However, at times, she could also be a little stubborn.

When Maria was a little girl, one day, she was with her sisters in her Mother's Budoir. Alexandra had little Vanilla flavoured waffles called biblichen, which the children loved. However, they were not allowed to ask for anything from the tea table, and little Maria, quite proudly, took a biblichen from the tea table and ate it. Maria was going to be punished for it, but Nicholas stepped in and said "I was always afraid of the wings growing, and I am glad to see she is only a human child.".

Read more:
Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna |
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

LouisFerdinand

Was Grand Duchess Maria the favorite granddaughter of Dowager Empress Marie because they had the same first name?

Jennifer

I thought Princess Irina (Grand Duchess Xenia's daughter) was the Dowager Empress Marie's favorite granddaughter, not Grand Duchess Maria.

LouisFerdinand

It was informative to learn that Grand Duchess Maria took little interest in her lessons although she excelled at drawing.

LouisFerdinand

Lord Louis Mountbatten, Grand Duchess Marie's cousin wrote: "You could not imagine anyone more beautiful than she was!"

LouisFerdinand