Prince Harry @ Commonwealth Games

Started by Limabeany, July 28, 2014, 10:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Canuck

Ha!  Fantastic picture.  Good find, Macrobug.   :thumbsup:

Macrobug

Saw it on another forum.  Have to admit I snorted.  Which is painful when drinking a yogurt smoothie. :wacko:
GNU Terry Pratchett

TLLK

Curryong

Well, Harry, I hope you were cheering on the Kiwis in the pool as well as photo bombing! Somehow I don't think so, and I wish the Royals would support the dominions teams sometimes.

Limabeany

Quote from: Macrobug on July 29, 2014, 01:12:59 AM
Saw it on another forum.  Have to admit I snorted.  Which is painful when drinking a yogurt smoothie. :wacko:
:happy15: :hug:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

QuoteVIDEO: Prince Harry Picks a Fight During Trip to One of Glasgow's Toughest Districts
He and his brother Prince William are both sports mad but when they visited the Gorbals Leisure Centre yesterday, there was only ever going to be one brother volunteering to go boxing.

In the Gorbals, a district on the south bank of the Clyde that until wholesale renovation of the area once had the reputation for being Britain's most dangerous slum, Harry acquitted himself well, winning one sparring match and drawing the other against young apprentices training to be sports coaches.

"He actually beat me 3-2 on shoulder taps and I was trying hard," said Declan Gilmour, 19, from Castlemilk, Glasgow, who has been boxing for four years.  "Maybe he should take it up because he was really good."

More: VIDEO: Prince Harry tries boxing during trip to one of Glasgow's toughest districts | Royal | News | Daily Express

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

Prince Harry asks Usain Bolt: Do you work out? - ITV News

Prince Harry cheekily asked six-time Olympic champion Usain Bolt whether he worked out today after learning of their shared love of chicken nuggets.

Bolt was rumoured to have eaten more than 1,000 chicken nuggets during his time in Beijing for the 2008 Olympics, and Harry asked whether the sprinting star still enjoyed the delicacy.

But Bolt revealed there would be "no more chicken nuggets" as he had to eat properly in preparation for his Commonwealth Games debut in the 4X100m relay.

William joked that Harry should learn from Bolt's new policy on chicken nuggets.

"A box of nuggets every now and again is good for you," Harry said in his defence.

"Every now and again, not every week," William quipped.

After their shared love of chicken nuggets was revealed, Bolt asked Harry whether he worked out.

"Do I work out? No - do you work out?" the Prince replied.

A smiling Bolt then asked Harry's brother the same question.

"Obviously! That's solid!" the Duke replied, pointing towards his chest.