Prince Francois of Orleans marries Theresa von Einsiedel

Started by HereditaryPrincess, July 27, 2014, 03:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HereditaryPrincess

Yesterday, Prince Francois of Orleans (the son of the Count and Countess of Evreux) married Theresa von Einsiedel:

Search - Getty Images UK: DEU: Wedding Of Prince Francois von Orleans And Theresa von Einsiedel

sara8150

TLLK

I always get these French families confused. Thank you for sharing the photos and links.

HereditaryPrincess

^^^ You're welcome. I used to get them confused to – I could never work out who belonged to which house (and still get muddled up sometimes – there are two Duke of Anjous!). The family that Prince Francois comes from is the Orleans family, in which the Count of Paris is the head and one of the claimants to the former French throne as Henry VII. The Count is the last direct descendent of Louis XV. The other pretender is Louis Alphonse, Duke of Anjou (whose father was a cousin of the former King of Spain), who is recognized as the actual pretender to the former throne by the French Legitimists as Louis XX. He is a senior descendent of Louis XIV, as well as of Hugh Capet, the first King of the Franks.

Hope this makes sense. :flower: