Earl and Countess of Wessex watch the Commonwealth Games with Louise and James

Started by HereditaryPrincess, July 26, 2014, 07:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HereditaryPrincess

I'm not sure if this belongs here or whether it should go in 'The Commonwealth Games' thread over in HM and Prince Philip's sub forum, but I decided to create this thread since most posts in that thread seem to be about HM and the Commonwealth Games.

Anyways, today Edward and Sophie watched some sporting events in connection with the Commonwealth Games. Their children Louise and James were there too:

Countess of Wessex Photos - Arrivals at the 20th Commonwealth Games - Zimbio

The children are so sweet. Louise is looking more and more like Sophie as she gets older, but I don't think James resembles Edward or Sophie.

TLLK

Thank you for the photos. I believe the older lady sitting next to the children is their nanny.

HereditaryPrincess

^^^ You're welcome. I'd thought that as well - at first I thought she was Jessie Webb, Charles and Margarita Armstrong-Jones's and Prince George's nanny (for a bit). :)

HereditaryPrincess

QuoteIt was a family affair for Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex and his wife Sophie, Countess of Wessex today, as the royal couple and their 10-year-old daughter Lady Louise Windsor watched the Commonwealth games in Glasgow.
They were pictured cheering on the England women's team during the Preliminaries Hockey game between Malaysia on Sunday morning, where England won 5-0.
The game took place at the Glasgow International Hockey Centre and the family watched on intently, glued to their seats as the action took place.

Sophie Countess of Wessex cheers on England during Commonwealth Games | Mail Online

Macrobug

Aww :vday4:  I like the way Louise leans on her mum.  And the double crossed fingers
GNU Terry Pratchett

cinrit

QuoteKeeping You Up? Prince Edward and Daughter Louise Look Sleepy at Commonwealth Games

It's the Queen's pride and joy - but it seems the Commonwealth Games are not a hit with everyone in the Royal Family.

Prince Edward and his 10-year-old daughter Lady Louise Windsor could barely keep their eyes open as they watched a hockey match in Glasgow this afternoon.

The 50-year-old appeared glum and bored as he watched the action from the stands with his head resting in one hand.  His young daughter seemed equally unimpressed as she was pictured yawning during the Commonwealth Games event.

More: Prince Edward and Lady Louise Windsor look bored and sleepy at Commonwealth Games | Royal | News | Daily Express

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Lady Adams

They are such a good group to watch! I love their expressions.

Something that does make me   :hmm: is how they-- and Will, Kate & Harry-- seem to cheer for England. Since they represent all the Commonwealth, shouldn't they cheer for everyone?
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Limabeany

I posted that question during the Olympics, I found it to be in very poor taste and I do now as well...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

TLLK

Quote from: Lady Adams on July 28, 2014, 11:54:04 PM
They are such a good group to watch! I love their expressions.

Something that does make me   :hmm: is how they-- and Will, Kate & Harry-- seem to cheer for England. Since they represent all the Commonwealth, shouldn't they cheer for everyone?
Well I did notice William seemed to be toning down his cheering this time. Even the DM noted that he was trying not to show favoritism.

Macrobug

GNU Terry Pratchett

HereditaryPrincess

Edward's speech at the Closing Ceremony was the first time I'd heard his voice. One often expects the RF to sound 'posh'/upper class, but I thought Edward sounded fairly 'normal', which is quite down to earth. It wasn't what I expected him to sound like.

It was nice to see Louise attend the Games as well. She's pretty and is becoming quite grown up now.

TLLK

The Earl and Countess of Wessex attended a WWI centenary service in Guildford today. Sophie like HM, the Duchess of Cornwall and Duchess of Cambridge wore a light cream/off white outfit today.

Macrobug

GNU Terry Pratchett