Kate, William and Harry will attend the Commonwealth Games July 28 and 29

Started by PrincessOfPeace, June 13, 2014, 02:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HereditaryPrincess

I'm pleased to see Kate recycling this outfit again! I also don't see a problem with it, the colour suits her a lot. I think the photos of William and Kate looking at Kate's phone are my favourites, the one of William looking like he's telling Kate how to work something is funny (see signature). :D

Limabeany

I still think the fact that she has two or three outfits for casual work shows how little of it she does. Her hair does look very healthy.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

wannable

Update and more photos

QuoteThe royal couple left one-year-old baby Prince George at home with his nanny, but were seen checking phones

Read more: Prince William steps in to help Kate as temperatures soar at Commonwealth Games swimming pool | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Limabeany

He's just pulling her neck band on the first photo, on the other they are each fanning themselves, who comes up with these headlines?  :orchid:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Lothwen

Positives:

I'm glad she's cut her hair.  It's nothing major, but cutting off the dead ends can do wonders for your hair and its health
I'm also glad she dyed it a darker brown.  It really makes her eyes pop when it's a darker color, and it works better with her skin tone.
I actually think her skin looks better too.  She looks well rested.

Cons:

Look, I have no problems with her recycling anything, but those jeans, wedges, and that blazer have got to go.  Those jeans don't flatter her at all.  All they do is emphasize both how skinny her legs are, and how muscular the thighs are.  And it shows that she doesn't have long legs in comparison with her height.  She should wear something like this: Straight Jean, Worn Dark | American Eagle Outfitters

And instead of the wedges, perhaps something like this: Jack Rogers Delfino Gold Fleck Cork - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

And you know what?  Leave the jacket at home.  Or burn it.  Cause I hate that thing.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

TLLK

Quote from: HereditaryPrincess on July 28, 2014, 09:30:45 PM
I'm pleased to see Kate recycling this outfit again! I also don't see a problem with it, the colour suits her a lot. I think the photos of William and Kate looking at Kate's phone are my favourites, the one of William looking like he's telling Kate how to work something is funny (see signature). :D
I've noticed that she tends to wear Union Jack colors when she's at sporting events ie: Olympics

cate1949

in the article - the fourth pic down - the look Harry is giving his brother -

when Will is relaxed with Kate and paying happy attention to her - she just lights up -

Limabeany

Canuck

This morning Kate visited SportsAid, while Will and Harry visited one of their charities, Coach core.  All three are now back at the Games to watch more events.  Eyes front! Kate turns soldiers' heads as she joins Wills and Harry at the Commonwealth Games to watch the athletics | Mail Online

Limabeany

It seems they were curious about the royals not eyeing Kate...

Canuck

The Daily Mail never passes up a chance to objectify a woman.

Limabeany

Quote from: Canuck on July 29, 2014, 01:16:00 PM
The Daily Mail never passes up a chance to objectify a woman.
I agree, it was disrespectful to all involved...

TLLK

Today it appears that the trio split up at some point to meet with different groups aligned with their foundation. Kate was with Sport Aid and the brothers at Coach Core. The brothers played on opposite teams for an indoor football match.

For those interested, Kate was in a recycled sky blue dress with (gasp) a navy blazer!!

Limabeany

And those damn wedges that looked horrible with that dress...

HereditaryPrincess

QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge turned the heads of soldiers as she and Prince William arrived to enjoy a second day of sporting action at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow this afternoon.
Prince William, his wife Kate and Prince Harry enjoyed a whistle-stop tour of the Games venues yesterday, watching gymnastics, boxing, hockey and swimming in a busy afternoon.
The young royals arrived at Hampden Park today, where the afternoon's athletics schedule will see athletes including English triple-jumper Greg Rutherford, Scottish hurdler Eilidh Child and Kenyan runner David Rudisha compete.

Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, turns soldiers' heads at Commonwealth Games | Mail Online

QuotePrince Harry has photobombed New Zealand Commonwealth Games officials in Glasgow - and they were so chuffed one of them made it their profile picture on Facebook.
The Prince gave a cheeky thumbs up in the background of a selfie taken by New Zealand rugby sevens coach Sir Gordon Tietjens, Sport Manawatu chief executive Trevor Shailer and Massey University Professor Emeritus Gary Hermansson
The three men in the their black and white New Zealand team kits leaned in with their arms around each other as the Royal popped up in the background in a white shirt.
They were watching the 800m women's swimming freestyle in Glasgow on Monday night, which saw Welsh swimmer Jazz Carlin win gold.

Prince Harry photobomb's at Commonwealth Games | Mail Online

I love Harry's photobomb! It's hilarious! :hehe: Kate's dress is lovely but I agree Limabeany, the wedges didn't go with it at all.

Eri

To me she doesn't have to wear different outfits every time her outfits are very expensive so it would be horrible if she wore outfits one time just to throw them away ... what is weird to me though is that I always imagined designers gave her things for free a wear it just one time to showcase it thing ...

Canuck

Eri, I've read that she doesn't accept free clothing from designers.

I thought it was a nice touch that her dress today perfectly matched the SportsAid shirts worn in the group picture.  And while the Corkswoon shoes aren't my favourite either, I think it's nice to see her rewear the blazer/shoes/purse/jewelry on consecutive days and yet totally change up her look with the pants vs. dress. 

Lothwen

^I believe she gets around that by having Pippa accept them, and then giving them to her....

I just find it odd that, with all the money she's spent on her wardrobe, and there's not much variety there. 
Harryite 12-005

cinrit

QuoteKate's Jumping for Joy! Duchess Takes Part in a Game of 'Three Tins' during Visit to Athlete's Village at Commonwealth Games

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge took part in traditional games as they visited the athletes' village at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games today. 

Kate, who met some of the host nation's medal winners at Team Scotland's accommodation, listened as a child explained the rules of 'three tins'.  It involves knocking down three tins with a ball before running in to the middle of the square, rebuilding them and hopping over the tins three times.

She cheered as she knocked the tins over and smiled after completing the task. Prince William later faced Harry in opposing teams in the same game.

The royals, along with Usain Bolt, also chatted and posed for photographs as hundreds of people gathered to catch a glimpse of them.

More: Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, turns soldiers' heads at Commonwealth Games | Mail Online

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Lady Adams

I'm glad the trio split up today-- I do think they should try to spread themselves around as much as possible, since they're only there three days.

I really like Kate's outfit today. However, two notes on her wardrobe the past two days:
1) If she was going to be jumping and playing today, perhaps the jeggings would have been a more appropriate choice, and she could have worn the dress yesterday. Also, if she was planning on participating, she should not wear those wedges. There is a tumble waiting to happen.
2) With the jeggings yesterday, one of the commonwealth polo shirts would have been a lovely and appropriate way to support the games.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Lothwen

Her wardrobe today tells me that she doesn't spend a lot of time preparing for her events. A tight dress and wedges to do a physical activity?  Not smart
Harryite 12-005

cinrit

Perhaps she didn't expect to be running and jumping.  But still, kudos to her for being able to dance and jump in wedges and land securely on her feet.  Some can do it; some can't.  I've twisted my ankle more than once by just walking in flats.

Cindy

Lothwen

And see, that's what makes me think she doesn't prepare.  She "never expects" to do a lot of things. 
Harryite 12-005

Lady Adams

^^I agree Lothwen. It happens so frequently, I wonder if she reads the briefing materials.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

cinrit

She can only expect what she's told.  She may have been told she'd be walking around and mingling with the athletes, but not specifically told that they might want her to play active games.  Perhaps no one knew what the athletes would ask of her, or if they would ask anything at all.  I give her the benefit of the doubt, since we don't know the facts.  And because knowing that she's into sports, she surely would know how to dress appropriately if she thought she'd be running and jumping.

Cindy