Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall: Kate Middleton is Lovely and we're very lucky

Started by wannable, March 24, 2011, 01:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

Camilla has not exactly been the model royal. She has had the lowest number of appearances of any of them.  She had come into the Firm in a very controversial way only 6 years ago. My point is that while cordiality between Kate and Camilla is desireable, packaging this woman as Kate's mentor is ridiculous.  Kate should and surely will have courtiers going over protocol with her and she will have a Lady in Waiting to Advise her. Diana herself did not have the Queen "teaching" her, she had Beckwith-Smith her Lady in Waiting as h er chief advisor in every aspect of royal protocol.  

I think Camilla is just trying to establish some sort of control over Kate like she did with Lady Diana. She also is promoting her own PR showing how "wise" she is. I think Camilla should have more tact and finesse something that seems to elude her. Her PR sort of hits people over the head.  She also had a very obvious photo op showing her "teaching Kate the ropes: over a very public dinner. Camilla IMO is not known for being subtle.

I think Camila is controversial to say the least and having herself blasted over the media as Kate's mentor I think is not doing anything for Camilla's or Kate's own images.  I think it will erode Kate's popularity.

Mike

Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

FanDianaFancy

Pro Camill  vs. Anti-Camill

We  can  go rounds  and  rounds    and  still  miss each  other's  valid points .
I agree  with  Sandy.
Once  again, Kate has  a  MOTHER!
I am sure Carole  advises her daughter  on  personal matters such as wedding  dress,  family  planning, makeup, and   that her  mother  is kept abreast  at every turn from her daughter about her daughter's life, etc. and  yes, does what  a  mother does  and  gives her  daughter good advice. Carole's advice sure  helped Kate this far with  Wiliam.  
Cameal has  a  daughter. Mentor  her. Isn't  Laura  a  titled  Lady by marriage?
Camil    is not Kate's mother. YES, Carole  is not  a  member  of BRF.
I  get  that.
Between Sophie, William  and Williams' handlers, I  think Kate  will be fine.
She has  a  senior member   of the BRF, PW, as her lead  mentor. Yeah,  I said  senior.  No,  he  is not  old,  but  he  ahs  been  a  member  far  longer  than  Camille  or  Sophie  and  he  was  born  into it.
Camile worming  and working  her  way  into  Kate , not  good.

Bottom line,  we none know.
Lets agree  to that.
We  none  know  if  Kate and William   bs with Cameal, but don't  really take her  word.
I would hope William has  seen the  pictures ,ugh.  I won't  even  mention that ancient history.
All I can say is time will tell.
We will find out within  two years  how this friendliest  mothering mentoring  Camile  and  Kate,  the new  girl with  the  Diana  factor,  will come along.

Yes, I do agree Camille 's  comment is very  nice.
Kate and Sophie are new faces,similair backgrounds, accomplished women who met, dated, married  their prince's  the right way, are smart, pretty,  lively, just  breathe's   of fresh  air.
They  are  making  bringing  the BRF some dignity.  Magic. They serve as  good  role models and  seem to work for  their life  of  privilege. They  are good ambassadors for the  UK.

Princess Pea

Camilla is Kates future mother in law she will have to be a replacement for Diana. She won't want to be seen as the Wicked Step Mother in Law.

sandy

There is no replacement for Diana who was Wills mother. No stepmother is a replacement for a beloved deceased mother. Besides which Camilla never raised WIlliam she married his father when WIlls was in his twenties. Camilla can keep a lower profile which I think would endear her more to the public than the current "I am Kate's mentor" showboating for the press.

Camilla didn't raise Wills so she can't cluck about what WIlls did as a baby or a child with Kate.  Camilla did gain some favorable notices by not trying to play "mother" to Harry and William. If she tries to be a "mother figure" at this late date I don't think it would exactly endear her to all of the public.

cinrit

Quote from: sandy on March 24, 2011, 06:10:01 PM
There is no replacement for Diana who was Wills mother. No stepmother is a replacement for a beloved deceased mother. Besides which Camilla never raised WIlliam she married his father when WIlls was in his twenties. Camilla can keep a lower profile which I think would endear her more to the public than the current "I am Kate's mentor" showboating for the press.

I didn't meet my stepmother until I was 18 years old.  She didn't have to raise me ... I loved her anyway.  Not all stepmothers are mean and wicked.  Camilla is probably the least-liked Royal, but that doesn't change the fact that she will be Kate's stepmother-in-law in about a month.  They're going to see each other, speak to each other, socialize with each other, maybe call each other on the phone, Kate may ask her for advice, etc.   Nothing's going to change that.

QuoteCamilla didn't raise Wills so she can't cluck about what WIlls did as a baby or a child with Kate.  Camilla did gain some favorable notices by not trying to play "mother" to Harry and William. If she tries to be a "mother figure" at this late date I don't think it would exactly endear her to all of the public.

I don't believe Camilla is trying to be a mother-figure.  She's trying to help Kate along, just as Sophie is.  I'm sure she has no ideas of telling Baby William stories to Kate.  That would be Charles' job.  In fact, he probably already has. :)

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

sandy

However the relationship WIlliam has with Camilla,  she still doesn't have the same place in his heart that his mother Diana did IMO. Kate and WIlliam talked about Diana at the engagement announcement, not his stepmother. I think Wills and Harry accepted Camilla more for their father's sake and are cordial to her. However, I cannot help but think that both remember the role Camilla played in their mother's life. Maybe they don't hold it against her but I believe the memories are still there. She wasn't some little old lady who reappeared years later and married their father. She was with their father during his marriage to their mother.

Camila and Kate can talk on the phone everyday but I think the PR packaging her as Kate's mentor is a bit much. IMO of course.

Lady63

I agree with you Sandy.  The reality is she was there for Diana, presented as a 'safe' friend, some friend she turned out to be.  Imho Camilla followed the saying of 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer'.   Kate would be well advised to be very wary of someone with such a history.  I wouldn't put it past Camilla to begin a campaign to disstablise their marriage if it looks like they are becoming far more popular than Charles.  She disstablised Diana's marriage and reaped handsome rewards for it, I wouldn't put it past her to do the same to William's should it pose a problem for her and her chances of becoming HM The Queen Consort.  She has form.

Regards,
Lady63
You Can't Fix Stupid

Trudie

Quote from: cinrit on March 24, 2011, 12:34:45 PM
I believe both Camilla and Sophie have been mentoring Kate.  Kate's mother is not a good candidate in this situation since she's never been in it.  It's a stretch to imagine Camilla might want to compete with Kate and therefore stab her in the back.  It's another stretch to imagine that Kate would ever "cross" Camilla.  It's another stretch to imagine Charles will resent having to sit in the background.  The fact is that Charles will be Kate's father-in-law and Camilla will be her stepmother-in-law.  There is no reason to assume anything sinister is going or will be going on, or to assume there is PR involved.  They are a family coming together.  Why not be happy for them?

Cindy

You have got to be kidding me. First off Camilla and Sophie do not really get along since Camilla has put down Sophie in terms of rank and Edward was not happy. Second it is no stretch that Camilla or Charles would not be capable of vindictivness especially if Kate receives the same response from the people that Diana did. As for Camilla and her mentoring well we see what it did for the marriage of Charles and Diana now don't we.

Trudie

Quote from: Princess Pea on March 24, 2011, 05:52:01 PM
Camilla is Kates future mother in law she will have to be a replacement for Diana. She won't want to be seen as the Wicked Step Mother in Law.

Camilla is no replacement for Diana if Kate needs mentoring then she can watch old videos of Diana working her engagements and news articles. Diana left many images of how to be a successful POW. There are also the excellant biographies of past POW's Alexandra and
Mary that can teach her the role and last but not least Sophie or The York Princesses can show her the etiquettes expected at court at least they are close in age and have no agendas unlike Camilla. IMO Camilla is now turning this into a slap at Williams Mother playing Mother of the Groom it must really gall her to see Kate wearing Diana's ring.

FanDianaFancy

I agree with Sandy,Lady  63  and Trudie.

A  point Lady 63 made as far as the popularity  test  goes and the BRF  is  a popularity contest   is that Kate will have  some  of the  star  quality,  front and center attention  like  Diana  did.
Kate  is  fun,  young,  relatable, pretty, shapely,  mysterious  and  yet  open,  and  no  matter what, the big interest  about  her  has started  officially and  won't  stop. There was buzz about her when  they  were  dating,  but  dating  no  matter  how  long  is  not  engaged  and  marrying.
Ahh  ,wait  for  the  baby  announcements.  Kate is  here. I  have  said  before if PW  did  not to marry a girl like  her, then he  should  not  have.

Lady of Hay

Quote from: Trudie on March 24, 2011, 08:47:29 PM
Second it is no stretch that Camilla or Charles would not be capable of vindictivness especially if Kate receives the same response from the people that Diana did.

Maybe Camilla was the one who advised Kate not to pay for her parking.  :shifty:

cinrit

Quote from: sandy on March 24, 2011, 08:16:29 PM
However the relationship WIlliam has with Camilla,  she still doesn't have the same place in his heart that his mother Diana did IMO. Kate and WIlliam talked about Diana at the engagement announcement, not his stepmother.

I think imaginations are coming way out of left field now.  No one ... not even Camilla or Charles ... has suggested that Camilla is trying to replace Diana in William's heart. 

Quote from: Lady63 Posted on: Today at 03:42:44 PM
I wouldn't put it past Camilla to begin a campaign to disstablise their marriage if it looks like they are becoming far more popular than Charles.  She disstablised Diana's marriage and reaped handsome rewards for it, I wouldn't put it past her to do the same to William's should it pose a problem for her and her chances of becoming HM The Queen Consort.  She has form.

This is a joke, right?  I couldn't, in my wildest imagination, picture Camilla trying to "disestablish" (I assume you mean annul?) William and Kate's marriage!  Good heavens, the woman is not Cruella DeVille.

Quote from: Trudie Posted on: Today at 03:47:29 PM
You have got to be kidding me. First off Camilla and Sophie do not really get along since Camilla has put down Sophie in terms of rank and Edward was not happy. Second it is no stretch that Camilla or Charles would not be capable of vindictivness especially if Kate receives the same response from the people that Diana did.

I'm not sure what I said that you think I'm kidding you, but I assure you, I'm not kidding about anything I've said.  Was it that they're a family and we should be happy for them?  If so, I stand by that.  As for Camilla and Sophie not getting along because "Camilla put down Sophie in terms of rank", it's not up to Camilla to have anything to do with rank, either up or down ... and I've seen photos of Camilla and Sophie together, looking pretty chummy.

Quote from: FanDianaFancy Posted on: Today at 05:05:31 PM
Ahh  ,wait  for  the  baby  announcements.  Kate is  here. I  have  said  before if PW  did  not to marry a girl like  her, then he  should  not  have.

I'm not sure what you meant, FanDianaFancy.  Did you leave out a word ... "if PW did not WANT to marry ... "?  If so, I'm at a complete loss what that could mean. :hmm:

Cindy

FanDianaFancy

What  I mean  is  a  kind of  girl like  Kate  is  one  lively, full of personality, relatable,  and pretty.
There would be  way  less interests  to  none  if  had  chosen a titled  girl  by birth ,dull in  perosnality,   and  one very  homely.
I know this is not  politically correct to someone  is  homely looking.

Lady63

Quote from: Lady63 Posted on: Today at 03:42:44 PM
I wouldn't put it past Camilla to begin a campaign to disstablise their marriage if it looks like they are becoming far more popular than Charles.  She disstablised Diana's marriage and reaped handsome rewards for it, I wouldn't put it past her to do the same to William's should it pose a problem for her and her chances of becoming HM The Queen Consort.  She has form.

This is a joke, right?  I couldn't, in my wildest imagination, picture Camilla trying to "disestablish" (I assume you mean annul?) William and Kate's marriage!  Good heavens, the woman is not Cruella DeVille  -  Cinrit

Oops my bad I meant 'destablise', not 'disstablise'  and yes, I believe she would go that far.  She meddle in the marriage of Charles and Diana, why wouldn't she do it to William and Kate's if she saw that it was to her advantage.  The woman has imho no morals, no sense of what is right or proper or approprate.  She wanted to turn up to the memorial for a woman she utterly depised and throught was a 'ridiculous creature'.   Sorry but I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her and imho neither should Kate or William. 

They playground is about to change, once William and Kate establish themselves and have a family, it will be them the people look to as the future, not C&C.  People want young and modern, it's just the way it is.

Regards,
lady63
You Can't Fix Stupid

Trudie

Quote from: Lady of Hay on March 24, 2011, 10:41:16 PM
Quote from: Trudie on March 24, 2011, 08:47:29 PM
Second it is no stretch that Camilla or Charles would not be capable of vindictivness especially if Kate receives the same response from the people that Diana did.

Maybe Camilla was the one who advised Kate not to pay for her parking.  :shifty:

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. I read that at that lunch they had Camilla advised her to have the foi gras knowing that Charles has banned that from his menus because of the inhuman treatment of the animal to make it. I'm sure that went over big with Charles when he read that.
Camilla is as cunning and sly as a fox she makes sure that she looks out for numero uno.

Princesse Grace

Quote from: sandy on March 24, 2011, 02:06:30 AM
Camila's history of how she got in  isn't exacty typical She had to be the Mistress first and wasn't considered good enough to have heirs for the prince

And she didn't raise Wiils I think it will erode Kate's popularity to be associated too much with Camila I think Camila is going tot try to control her the way she attempted to control Diana Camila is a classic manipuator I hope Kate is savvy enough to deal with this woman Camila as Kate's mentor just makes my skin crawl
Agree :clap: :goodpost:

fleur

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on March 24, 2011, 11:04:33 PM
What  I mean  is  a  kind of  girl like  Kate  is  one  lively, full of personality, relatable,  and pretty.
There would be  way  less interests  to  none  if  had  chosen a titled  girl  by birth ,dull in  perosnality,   and  one very  homely.
I know this is not  politically correct to someone  is  homely looking.

The reason why people have an interest in her is because she is marrying the heir of the heir.The british public is getting a new member and with everything new it eventually will wear off . I don't know how close William is with Camilla , but i doubt he will let Camilla be the one do the mentoring.Kate will have William's staff doing that for her.

cinrit

Quote from: fleur on March 25, 2011, 12:06:15 PM
The reason why people have an interest in her is because she is marrying the heir of the heir.The british public is getting a new member and with everything new it eventually will wear off . I don't know how close William is with Camilla , but i doubt he will let Camilla be the one do the mentoring.Kate will have William's staff doing that for her.

For better or worse, Camilla (as well as Sophie) has been mentoring Kate, and William obviously is "allowing" it.

Cindy

SophieChloe

How William can stomach being near Camilla - is way beyond me.  She caused such misery to his Mother. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

cinrit

Quote from: sophiechloe on March 25, 2011, 01:04:29 PM
How William can stomach being near Camilla - is way beyond me.  She caused such misery to his Mother. 

Just my own opinion, but it seems that people who have nothing to do with the situation have a much harder time accepting it than those who are living it.

Cindy

sandy

I somehow don't think Wills is all warm and fuzzy with Camilla. I think he is cordial to her and accepts her for his dad's sake and to keep the peace in the family. But I don't think it's a big love fest with her. But I think her parading around being Kate's mentor is rather sickening, IMO that is.

As fleur said, Kate will have staff to show her the ropes like Beckwith Smith who mentored Diana. I think Camilla is putting on a show, she IMO is rather lazy and won't do much work "mentoring" just a show for the media for her own PR.

Princesse Grace

Agree.
I think Camilla should be in a second place, and do not give advices to anyone. :thumbsup:
:goodpost: sandy

SophieChloe

Quote from: cinrit on March 25, 2011, 01:10:25 PM

Just my own opinion, but it seems that people who have nothing to do with the situation have a much harder time accepting it than those who are living it.

Cindy
Maybe  :shrug:- However - the misery that Camilla and Charles caused, ultimately led to Diana's death - If Camilla had kept away, they, Charles and Diana might have stood a fighting chance in their marriage - but obviously not - she was always there in the background - If I were William, I'd have nothing to do with her - full stop.  But I concede this is not a normal family and William probably does what he has to do with regard to Camilla !  : :)
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Princesse Grace

Quote from: sophiechloe on March 25, 2011, 04:24:28 PM
Quote from: cinrit on March 25, 2011, 01:10:25 PM

Cindy
Maybe  :shrug:- However - the misery that Camilla and Charles caused, ultimately led to Diana's death - If Camilla had kept away, they, Charles and Diana might have stood a fighting chance in their marriage - but obviously not - she was always there in the background - If I were William, I'd have nothing to do with her - full stop.  But I concede this is not a normal family and William probably does what he has to do with regard to Camilla !  : :)
Agree! :clap: :goodpost: