The Romanovs

Started by LouisFerdinand, November 07, 2015, 12:18:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

Tsar Ivan VI Antonovich reigned 1740 to 1741.   
                          http://www.pinterest.com/pin/65443000808406492

LouisFerdinand

Tsar Nicholas II: HIS VOICE       
                             Emperor Nicolas II's voice (recording).wmv ????? ??????? II.mp3. - YouTube

LouisFerdinand

Tsar Peter I's childhood toughened him up for life.   
               Peter the great of Russia - YouTube

LouisFerdinand

Grand Duchess Tatiana had the finest beauty.       
                               The finest Beauty of Grand Duchess Tatiana - YouTube

LouisFerdinand

Was Tsarina Marie Feodorovna a formidable lady?

LouisFerdinand

Olga: A beautiful Grand Duchess   
                        Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna of Russia - YouTube

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

Tsar Peter I was captivated by everything modern.   
Tsars 06- Peter Alexeyevich Romanov - YouTube

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

Empress Marie Feodorovna travelled to Elsinore in 1900.   
EMPRESS DAGMAR'S ARRIVAL IN ELSINORE - YouTube

LouisFerdinand

Why did Tsar Paul I restore primogeniture as the basis of succession to the crown?

LouisFerdinand

Jennifer

The Russian Orthodox Church wants another DNA examination to be done on the remains of the last Romanov family. They still are doubtful that the remains belong to the family. Even if the scientists do another test on their remains, the results will still confirm that they belong to them. 

QuoteChurch to announce results of the examinations of "Yekaterinburg remains" in second quarter of 2017

The Russian Orthodox Church has announced that the results of the DNA-examinations of the "Yekaterinburg remains", or better said the remains of Emperor Nicholas II of Russia, Empress Alexandra Feodorovna and their children, will be announced in the second quarter of 2017.

"Very intensive work is going on. The genetic expertise has been held in the best world's laboratories. Very extensive and interesting anthropological expertise with principally new data is being completed, now I can't be more precise. The Anthropology Institute, coroners, anthropologists were also involved in it. There also was a historical expertise."

The final decision on the recognition or non-recognition of the remains as holy relics will be with the Council of Bishops. On 15 August 2000, Nicholas and his family were canonised as passion bearers, a title commemorating believers who face death in a Christ-like manner, by the Russian Orthodox Church within Russia.

Read more:
Church to announce results of the examinations of ?Yekaterinburg remains? in second quarter of 2017 – Royal Central
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

LouisFerdinand

Dowager Empress Marie Feodorovna never once received her son Grand Duke Michael's morganatic wife, Madame Brassova and her son, Count George Brassov.

LouisFerdinand

Tsar Peter I spent four and a half years in Amsterdam, most of it working as a carpenter in the dockyard of the Dutch East India Company.

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

During the First World War, Dowager Empress Marie Feodorovna was president of the Russian Red Cross.

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

Large Colored Romanov Photographs   
Romanov Family Tribute - *(Large Colored Photos Collection)* - YouTube   

:xmas8: :xmas8: :xmas8: :xmas8:

LouisFerdinand

The Great Siberian Railway Easter Egg was made in 1900. Nicholas as Tsarevich had been president of the railway.     

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand