Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall: Kate Middleton is Lovely and we're very lucky

Started by wannable, March 24, 2011, 01:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

QuoteTHE Duchess of Cornwall spoke publicly for the first time yesterday about her relationship with Kate Middleton and revealed the family's excitement as the royal wedding approaches.
Camilla, 63, has become close to Kate, 29, acting as a mentor to her stepson's fiancee in the run-up to the April 29 wedding.
"Kate's a lovely girl," she said. "We're very lucky. I'm very much looking forward to the wedding."

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/236387/Camilla-Duchess-of-Cornwall-Kate-Middleton-is-lovely-and-we-re-very-luckyCamilla-Duchess-of-Cornwall-Kate-Middleton-is-lovely-and-we-re-very-lucky#ixzz1HTeyKbtw  

:happy15:

Richard Palmer claims Mr.&Mrs. Middleton did join at the ballet as well.

sandy

Ii thought she spoke publicy at the time of the engagement The media should do Kate a favor and stop sayng Camilla is her mentor I think that role belngs to Carole

I think Camilla shoud mentor her own kids and leave Kate alone

BritishWannabe

I don't think there's anything wrong with Camilla giving Kate tips about how to deal with life with the royals. Precious few are in a position to tell her how it is really like.

sandy

Camila's history of how she got in  isn't exacty typical She had to be the Mistress first and wasn't considered good enough to have heirs for the prince

And she didn't raise Wiils I think it will erode Kate's popularity to be associated too much with Camila I think Camila is going tot try to control her the way she attempted to control Diana Camila is a classic manipuator I hope Kate is savvy enough to deal with this woman Camila as Kate's mentor just makes my skin crawl

BritishWannabe

She married into a strange famous family, Kate is now marrying into a strange famous family.

I don't think Cams will be as vindictive to Kate as she was to Diana. They're not competitors, and frankly Cam and Charles are getting on in years. I wouldn't be surprised if thy're quite happy with the media focusing on Will and kate.

sandy

If Kate crosses her I think she is quite capablle of vindictiveness

I think at least Charlles llikes center stage and I don't thnk he's content to sit back and just watch his son Camilla played up as Mentor I thnk is for Camilla's PR not Kate's

FanDianaFancy

I agree that for  the BRF, Kate is  a   breathe of fresh  air along  with Edward marrying Sophie.
These  two  women, both  not  born of nobility, have  done positive  wonders  in terms  of  pr.

Cammy is not  needed  to "mentor" Kate.
I am  sure, I  HOPE William has  his  people  who  will mentor  her.  Seems like  so  far, she  has  done  just  fine.
I  think William has not  thrown  hwer  out  there  , and  won't  as  his  mother was. Without sounding  like  a  broken record, Diana  was  a child  bride  who  had insecuirities, a broken  home life in childhood,  and married  a guy  who  did  not  love  her, we know the  story.
Kate  is  a grown  adult woman  from a  home that  was  not  broken  and is  marrying  a  man  who  loves  her.
I think  William is far  better  at all aspects  of  mentoring  his  fiance than  Cammy can  ever be.
He did  not  marry  into  the  BRF  or be an  open secret.
Kate  has  a mother.  I  am sure if she wants  to discuss anything like her wedding  gown  now to when she decides to plan  on  a family, she  will  talk to  her  mother  just  as  Laura  Parker  Bowles , I am sure , did with  her  mother.

Sandy, I  totally  agree  with  you.
Camilla, ehh...skin crawling  when  you  think  about  her  playing  mother-in-law to Kate. Step-mother-in-law,cool. I  know the  official title.
I posted before  many  times,  I  really think  , believe Kate and Willam  are the real deal  as a couple.They  can  make  it  as  a  couple. I  have also  said, marriages are  work. Things  happen and change.
Good. Indifferent. Just life  like after  having  a  baby. Just  things.

Having Cammila  around,well,  sorry,but  her  rep  is  what it  is.  Histroy   repeating  itself mentoring  Kate  as  she did  Diana. Hmmm, maybe  she might  help William  in  a few years, you know, oh how  should  I  say, well, Lady  so  and  so...just"introduce them....perhaps  he might need  one of those "special  confidants."

FanDianaFancy

I had  no  idea  Sophie  was  mentioned  in a separate  article.  It  says  that she  is  Kate's mentor.
So  what  of  this  articles  is true  or  not?
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/212744/212744

FanDianaFancy

"So she will know that Sophie is perfectly placed to help with the daunting prospect of becoming a princess, not least because they have so much in common. They both come from stable middle-class families (Sophie's father Christopher Rhys-Jones is a retired businessman) and like Kate Sophie was with her prince for eight years before they married."

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/212744/212744Sophie-Wessex-is-Kate-Middleton-s-steadying-hand#ixzz1HUEhoKQj

That sounds right  to  me.

BritishRoyals

Sophie would be a perfect candidate to help Kate adjust.

And I think it's lovely of the Duchess of Cornwall to say something like that. 

cinrit

I believe both Camilla and Sophie have been mentoring Kate.  Kate's mother is not a good candidate in this situation since she's never been in it.  It's a stretch to imagine Camilla might want to compete with Kate and therefore stab her in the back.  It's another stretch to imagine that Kate would ever "cross" Camilla.  It's another stretch to imagine Charles will resent having to sit in the background.  The fact is that Charles will be Kate's father-in-law and Camilla will be her stepmother-in-law.  There is no reason to assume anything sinister is going or will be going on, or to assume there is PR involved.  They are a family coming together.  Why not be happy for them?

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

wannable

I agree Cindy, as I said in previous Camilla/Kate threads, it would be silly and a bad move to 'stab' W and/or K, they (C&C) must have learned from the past. The public/media will just turn against them IF they try anything remotely sinister.

BritishRoyals

Of course the media would dream of spicing things up with Enquirer-like domestic drama,  but like Cindy & Wannabe said, I believe the RF at its core (not counting the courtiers and "grey men") are a lot more united than the press would like us to think.  And in it, united in their plans to:
-- improve the public's opinion of Charles & Camilla as the next king / queen or consort
-- shield William & Kate from excessive scrutiny
-- remedy Prince Andrew's image

sandy

I think Camilla is out for No. 1 and she has no business mentoring Kate. This is frankly quite absurd. Like Tiger Woods giving marital advice to Wills.

Kate  needs to forge her own path not be a Camilla "disciple."  Camilla should look out for her own kids and grandchildren.

As I said cordiality is called for, but promoting Camilla as a mentor to Kate is laughable. IMO that is.

wannable

"We're very Lucky", Camilla is the spokesperson for the Windsor family.

Orchid

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

wannable

She should have said "Kate Middleton is Lovely and I'm very lucky".  Seems PA also said a tidbit last night...

sandy

I never knew any of the royals served as "official spokespeople". I thought courtiers did all the work.  Maybe Camilla gave herself a new title. I think this publicity for Camilla should be on the Charles and Camilla thread not Kate's.

Orchid

Claiming Camilla is the spokesperson for the entire royal family on the basis of one personal comment is a stretch too far.
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

wannable

She should have spoken for herself, as in I am rather than we are.

Countess of Highgrove

I think the Duchess's comment was fine and I am happy to see her speaking out and supporting Kate.  :thumbsup:

As for the mentoring issue that Sandy mentioned, I think Camilla is the right one to offer advise and mentor Kate. A mentor is not normally a parent and in this case,Camilla knows far more about the inner workings of the RF then Carole would. In fact,Camilla would probably be able to tell Kate the good the bad and the ugly side of being a part of the firm, something that will be quite valuable.

sandy

I disagree. I think Camilla is the Last Person to give Kate advice.  They can have friendly lunches but I find the idea of Kate being Camilla's mentoree somewhat appalling. I have a feeling Kate will get out of this "mentoring yoke" as soon as possible. I don't think Kate is stupid and is aware that this might hurt her popularity.

I think Camilla did her share of giving the "bad" and the "ugly" side to William's mother.

Camilla wormed her way into the Firm by sheer manipulation. Unless people want Kate to be a manipulative dishonest person, I am not getting the support for this woman as her mentor. Camila was better at breaking up marriages than helping them. IMO that is.

Kate had better look to Sophie.

I think Wills should shield Kate from being used in Camilla's own PR campaigns which iMO this obviiously is.

cinrit

Did Camilla say she is the spokesperson for the Windsor family?  She said "we're very lucky".  That doesn't mean she's speaking for them officially.  That just means that the family that she's a part of is happy about the wedding.  Jeez.  :blank:

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Countess of Highgrove

I understand where your coming from,Sandy, Mrs PB was never my  fav but the point is, she is a senior member of the RF whether we like it or not and it will benefit both her and Kate to get on well. While Sophie seem very likable and is close to HM, the imminent future of the Monarchy is Charles and Camilla so they will be one most appropriate ones to be mentoring and advising William and Kate.