anyone seen picture of Diana and Jane swimming?

Started by Duch_Luver_4ever, May 30, 2016, 07:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duch_Luver_4ever

Am curious if any of you have seen or have the link to a picture of Diana sitting by the pool with Jane in the water, you can see her head just above the top of the water? It would have been in her late teens around the time of their pic where they were sitting back to back, so late 70s.

Thanks

Double post auto-merged: May 30, 2016, 04:39:17 PM

More details, it looks like a party at night, with Jane in the pool holding a drink, ive seen most of the Althorp pics, but havent come across this one before.

Double post auto-merged: May 30, 2016, 05:51:41 PM

Im having a dispute with someone over its authenticity, as its one that couldnt be posted here. It wouldnt be the first time someone has doctored photos, but usually you can find the source image to disprove them. The fact that this one has been so hard to find has me concerned, but im thinking if it were real, we'd have heard about it by now.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

SophieChloe

@Duch_Luver_4ever   I've had a really good search.  Can't find it.... :shrug: 

I have found many of Diana round a swimming pool - but not with Jane nor in the dark. 

I'll continue to search.... :flower:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Quote from: SophieChloe on May 30, 2016, 11:47:50 PM
@Duch_Luver_4ever   I've had a really good search.  Can't find it.... :shrug: 

I have found many of Diana round a swimming pool - but not with Jane nor in the dark. 

I'll continue to search.... :flower:

Thanks  @SophieChloe while im sure theres a few pics out there i havent seen, given the limits of that era, film vs digital, a few friends and family taking pics, vs thousands of press, etc. I like to think I've seen most of the pics of that era. However, the internet has made available pics that either the press wouldnt publish, and ppl wouldnt be able to share in a large manner. An example is the pic from the C&D trip in Bahamas where C grabs D's chest over her bikini, would NEVER see that in a book from the early 80s.

So I figured if it was from a "popular" pic id recognize it, as im sure Earl Spencer would NOT have taken this photo. (unless hes very ok with skinny-dipping)

Quote from: Limabeany on May 30, 2016, 11:51:16 PM
It could be here, there are a few of Diana and Jane as kids.
Lady Di on Pinterest | Lady Diana Spencer, Princess Diana and Lady Diana

Great pics @Limabeany  I really enjoyed them, but sadly it wasnt in there, and theyre not kids in this one.

If any of you come across one with her arms at her sides, sitting parallel to the pools edge and her left leg bent up (far enough to hide "that" area) in a bikini with Jane's head above the water behind her, it would be the source photo if its a fake.

Im not sure yet if I can post the pintrest board that led me to the site that had it yet, so im trying to describe it as best as I can, hoping it'll jog someones memory and the source can be found.

***It wasnt something I was looking for, I was trying to find out what magazine had refused to publish the pics that were taken in Spain in 1994 but never published, and came across it. Hoping I can find the source and rule it as false***

"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Quote from: Limabeany on May 31, 2016, 08:47:29 AM
You can post the link, dutch 😊

Thanks @Limabeany  so its kind of 2 part process, on this pintrest board...All things British!!! on Pinterest | Union Jack, British and Queen Elizabeth

The first row has a picture of Charles grabbing Diana's chest when they were in the Bahamas, underneath it, it tells you the website it was pinned from. Go to that website and it will show you a few pics of Diana you wouldnt see in the books, the pic that started this thread is at the top right of the page.

I got thinking it might have been Jane's "hen party" before her marriage, or the back to back picture of them has the watermark of a castle other than Althorp, maybe it was a party there, if real or the source picture.

One of the pics below it on that site, Ive determined is a fake, i found the original on pintrest, sorry I dont have its link right now, but its the one of Diana standing by herself, all they did was remove the bikini and Photoshop the rest, the arm and finger positions are the same. I've seen the C&D one before, the House of Dior flashes video may or may not be real, id have to see more footage to be sure, and the robe one looks real.

This way other forum members can hopefully find the original, if fake, and if so, shame on whoever would do something like that. However the picture in question of Diana and Jane, appears real to me, and if so would be historically significant.

Sadly in researching this, my eyes were "burned" by some horrible stuff id advise avoiding elsewhere online that is clearly fake, so be careful out there  :thumbsup:.

Duch_Luver_4ever

So Im curious if anyones had a look and been able to find more info on that pic if its fake or not?

Duch_Luver_4ever

So im guessing by mine and others lack of finding the original that it must be a real picture, and if so, am amazed it remained secret, but then again, the fact theres been no furor over it could also mean its fake, curious-er and curious-er.....

Duch_Luver_4ever

Does anyone have any info on if Jane had a hen party before her wedding???