HM visits Wolverhampton

Started by HereditaryPrincess, October 30, 2014, 04:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HereditaryPrincess

QuoteThe Queen came face-to-face with millions of portraits of herself today, as she visited a stamp factory in Wolverhampton. During the visit to International Security Printers, she was shown printing machines, as well as a stamp archive.
But Her Majesty, who was making her first visit to Wolverhampton since 1994, certainly didn't appear to mind and beamed as she was shown around the plant in the Midlands city's i54 business park.
Joined by the Duke of Edinburgh for the visit, the Queen, who was resplendent in a colourful turquoise ensemble, looked delighted by her welcome, smiling as she spotted a large crowd of well-wishers outside.

The Queen returns to Wolverhampton for the first time since 1994 | Daily Mail Online

cinrit

GBR: The Queen And Duke Of Edinburgh Visit Wolverhampton Pictures & News Photos | Getty Images

QuoteQueen All Smiles After First Visit to Wolverhampton in 20 Years

The Queen came face to face with her own profiled features today when she visited a factory that printed the stamps for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's wedding.

Accompanied by Prince Philip she toured International Security Printers in Wolverhampton, which printed the stamps commemorating the 2011 royal wedding.

During their walk around, the Queen and Philip spoke to the staff operating an Italian-made Cerutti industrial printer.

Philip, 93, asked: "Have you learned to speak Italian, or have you taught it to speak English?"

More: Queen is all smiles as she visits Wolverhampton for the first time for 20 years | Royal | News | Daily Express

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

cinrit

QuoteQueen Opens i54 JLR Manufacturing Centre

The Queen has formally opened a £500m Jaguar Land Rover engine manufacturing centre near Wolverhampton.

The i54 business park site is to start full production in 2015 and the scheme will create nearly 1,400 jobs when the plant reaches full capacity.

The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh toured the manufacturing facility, met staff and apprentices and looked at vehicles, engines and tools.

They also met children involved in educational engineering design schemes.

More: BBC News - Queen opens i54 JLR manufacturing centre

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.