Queen Given Knitwear for George

Started by cinrit, July 10, 2014, 04:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteThe Queen was today presented with a selection of knitwear for Prince George when she visited a historic factory in Derbyshire.

Accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, the Queen, wearing a turquoise coat and hat and floral dress, arrived to large crowds who had gathered outside knitwear firm John Smedley in Lea Mills.

They were given a tour of the Royal Warrant holder factory, which the Queen first visited in 1968, and met some of the 400 staff who work at the firm, which is celebrating its 230th anniversary this year.

During the visit, the royal couple were given a brief history of John Smedley and were shown garments being cut and made, with the Queen taking particular interest in the huge knitting machines and pieces from the archive collection.

Children from local Lea Primary School sang for the Queen and Duke before staff members took part in a short fashion show showcasing some of the firm's collection for spring/summer 2015.

More: Queen given knitwear for george | Mail Online

Cindy

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteHE has already been hailed as one of the best-dressed toddlers in the world.

And Prince George's wardrobe today received a further boost after he was given some trendy clothes from iconic British label John Smedley.

The Queen was presented with a selection of garments as she visited the fashion house's historic factory in Derbyshire.

Accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, the Queen, wearing a turquoise coat and hat and floral dress, arrived to large crowds who had gathered outside knitwear firm John Smedley in Lea Mills.

They were given a tour of the Royal Warrant holder factory, which the Queen first visited in 1968, and met some of the 400 staff who work at the firm, which is celebrating its 230th anniversary this year.
More: New clothes for Prince George from the Queen | Royal | News | Daily Express

cinrit

QuoteThe Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh Visit Derbyshire Dales

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have been cheered by crowds during a visit to the Derbyshire Dales.  They arrived shortly after 10:00 BST by train at Matlock Station and then went to a knitwear company in Lea Mills, before moving on to Chatsworth House.

Crowds including local schoolchildren greeted the royal party at all the venues and they were presented with flowers and gifts.

The Queen previously visited Matlock in 1992, 1985 and 1968.

More: BBC News - The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh visit Derbyshire Dales

Search - Getty Images CA: GBR: The Queen And The Duke Of Edinburgh Visits Derbyshire

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

cate1949

always looks impeccable.  Amazing that she was able to speak with a worker who was there when HM first visited in '68.

SophieChloe

More gifts for George....  :orchid: No doubt chucked in the local skip.   Do some really think George will ever wear the gifts?  Better off donating them to the local homeless charity. 

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

PaulaB

From what i have read gifts from the public are sent to charities, why assume they will throw them away
qw

SophieChloe

Well if the gifts go to charity, why not give them to charity in the first place?  That little boy has more than enough.  If not careful, he will grow up like his mother and father...spoilt, lazy & entitled...:mad8: 

Curryong

I'm not sure that ALL gifts go to charities, do they? Especially obviously new clothing like this from a manufacturer that has been used by the royal family for some time and is a trusted brand. I'm sure George may very well be seen in the future in a couple of these tops, and maybe Prince Philip will wear his present too!

SophieChloe

Would be nice, Curryong...but I very much doubt it.  Kate putting HER child in clobber given as gifts....even fresh and new from the manufacturer, na, doubt it.  She couldn't even wait to get rid of that lovely kitchen in Anmer Hall.  Sorry OT  :hide:

TLLK

Quote from: PaulaB on July 12, 2014, 12:15:48 PM
From what i have read gifts from the public are sent to charities, why assume they will throw them away
qw
I've read the same. He's received so many things over the year so I wouldn't be surprised if they're quietly boxed up and sent over to those who could use them.

SophieChloe

Lady Adams

In the family portrait released in March, PG's monogrammed (G) sweater that was a gift... from a manufacturer that gave it to Prince Charles, who then gave it to the family.
Prince Charles Gifts Prince George Royal Portrait Baby Sweater | Vanity Fair

I was surprised, frankly. I feel it should be the policy to donate it, or pay full retail price for it.  :shrug:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

TLLK

^^^Thank you for the very extensive information PoP.