Prince Andrew stayed friends with Fergie after divorce 'for sake of family'

Started by Limabeany, August 24, 2014, 11:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Thanks for those photos, eri, it was good to see the Queen and Fergie enjoying themselves. By the way, talking about royals like Kate still being given their maiden names, when was Fergie ever really called anything besides her nickname?

amabel

Its true that the queen got on well with Sarah at first, but within a few years, or less  I think she was more than fed up with her antics and wild spending and partying and I find ti hard to believe that she'd ever completely forgive S for her affairs..

sandy

Quote from: Sandor on August 27, 2014, 12:20:06 AM
Quote from: Macrobug on August 25, 2014, 06:39:10 PM
Butt away DaFluff!! :P

I agree with you.  I used to think that, even though they were divorced, they still were together.  But I don't any more.  Being a hopeless (cynical) romantic, I hope they both find someone to be happy with and grow old with.

They won't.  Or, at least she won't.

I think she tried, and came up empty.

As for Andrew, one day (probably quite soon) he will be dependent on Charles, and I don't think Charles is keen on Fergie.

(I believe the RF have tolerated her leeching on Andrew, because it is well-known that the Queen dotes on Andrew and finds it hard to say no to him.  But Charles will not;  he may even demand that Andrew move her out of the Royal Lodge for good, it wouldn't surprise me).

Andrew has enough $$$ and I doubt he will be dependent on Charles.  I don't think Charles is in any position to get on his moral high horse about Fergie considering. At one time Charles liked Fergie.  Fergie even praised Charles on the Larry King Show a few years ago.

Curryong

^^ Yes, remember that on his mother's passing Andrew will be no doubt left several millions more than he has already. I think he's already supposedly worth about $84 million. I don't think he'll be begging for scraps from Charles.

cinrit

QuotePrince Andrew: It Would Be Illogical Not to Remain Friends with Fergie  (VIDEO)

The Duke of York has revealed he remains friends with his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson because he feels it would be "illogical" not to.

In a rare interview with US television channel CNBC, Prince Andrew said it was important they have a good relationship for their daughters and called her "a fantastic mother".

He told Tania Bryer, "It's just part of life's rich tapestry - if you've been married to somebody I just see it as illogical not to be a friend at the end of the day, regardless of what your set of circumstances are."

More: Prince Andrew: It would be illogical not to remain friends with Fergie - ITV News

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

amabel

Quote from: Curryong on August 28, 2014, 01:55:17 AM
^^ Yes, remember that on his mother's passing Andrew will be no doubt left several millions more than he has already. I think he's already supposedly worth about $84 million. I don't think he'll be begging for scraps from Charles.
He  may well still need C's permission to marry, and (even if he DID want to marry her which I think is utterly not the case), he would hardly wish to do something that's going to cause a rift in his family.  Besdies with Fergie he'd need as mcuh money as he can lay his hands on..

Lady Adams

^^ He would will not need Charles's approval if Will and Kate (or Harry!)  have a few more children, as approval is only needed for the first six people in the line of succession at the time of the marriage. ;-)
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

amabel

yes but as I have said, a)he does not want to remarry her and b) he would hardly marry a woman who's going to cause such a fuss in the family