Prince Harry @ Wellchild Awards 2014

Started by Limabeany, September 23, 2014, 01:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cate1949

such a great charity - families need so much support and it is good to se an organization that is doing this - Harry of course turns the charm on to major wattage - great with the kids and their families

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Curryong

Harry doing what he does so well, once again! :yesss: :clap:

cinrit

QuotePrince Harry Attends the 10th Annual WellChild Awards

Prince Harry was won over by a young boy who greeted him with a passionate hug at an awards ceremony to recognise the courage of seriously ill children and their families.

The Prince met with winners of the 10th annual WellChild Awards at the Hilton in Park Lane, Central London.

Four-year-old Carson Hartley, who has a heart defect and is fitted with a portable ventilator, wasted no time in running straight up to Prince Harry and wrapping his arms around his legs.

The pair then exchanged a number of high fives while His Royal Highness chatted to Carson's parents about his complex heart condition.

More: http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/news-and-diary/prince-harry-attends-the-10th-annual-wellchild-awards

QuoteA Speech by Prince Harry at the WellChild Awards

Thank you all for coming to these WellChild awards tonight and for allowing me back again as your Patron. This event seems to get bigger and better every year for those of you who have been before ; it is fantastic to see so many people getting behind WellChild. The charity continues to go from strength to strength in its mission to support children, young people and families all across the UK. First and most importantly, I would like to congratulate each of the Award Winners - your stories are moving beyond words and remind us all of just how fantastic you all are. You are an example to us all - we can learn a great deal from your strength of character, resolve and humour in facing down challenges every day.

WellChild remains committed to ensuring the very best care is available for all children who need it. Thanks to the fantastic support the charity has received this year:- WellChild has been able to increase the profile and awareness of its work- It has raised more money than ever before- Expanded its network of WellChild Children's Nurses- And ultimately reached many more families who need so much help.

Looking forward, we are predicting an even better year with further growth in all areas of our work. But, even with all the success we have seen in the past few years, there is still a huge amount of work to do if we are to reach all of the children and young people who need us. You have seen this evening just how incredible these young people are, and how they deal with the daunting and sometimes overwhelming challenges that they face. However, their stories also show how important it is for these children and young people to have dedicated family members and health professionals caring for them.

More: http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/news-and-diary/10880/speech

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

HistoryGirl

robynrose

Clarence House and Wellchild have a video posted it is great if someone can give the link here thanks

PrincessOfPeace

SophieChloe

Thanks.  I'm liking him more and more.  He really seems genuine. 

Shame about the monogrammed shoes.   
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

:thanks: PoP for sharing the video of Harry with the Wellchild Awards.

SophieChloe

^  Yes, and Lima too!   :thanks:  :hug: :love6:

SophieChloe

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on September 23, 2014, 06:18:10 PM
If I paid £1,500 for a pair of shoes, I'd make sure my initials were on the bottom as well.

Prince Harry at WellChild Awards wears intials in £1,500 shoes | UK | News | Daily Express
Well judging from the soles it appears that Harry has gotten some use out of his shoes. As for the initials it appears to be something that the shoemaker chooses to place either as a trade tradition or a client request.

Limabeany

HistoryGirl

I can't believe there was an article written on Harry's foot wear lol one of the least fashionable (per his own choice I'm sure) guys out there. How quaint.

TheRealDuchessOfSussex

Would it be "quaint" if Harry had my and his initials intertwined on his shoes? <_< <_< <_< :angel: :happycry: :teehee: :love6: :ugh:
I think I'm the only one here that has written a letter to the Queen and got a letter back from the Lady in Waiting..... :P :happy15: :wed:

robynrose

TLLK

I'm not sure that quaint is the first word that comes to my mind.

Curryong

Yes, inside a decorative shield on the sole :hug:, RealDuchess. That would look very sweet.

wannable

Did Harry work behind the scene for WellChild this year? He seems to only have his picture taken with the September party awards. 

Wouldn't he need to be involved at least a few times a year with this charity to convince us that he truly has empathy? Playing devils advocate, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. 

In March 2007, Prince Harry also became the first Royal Patron of WellChild, the national charity caring for the individual needs of sick children as they deal with the consequences of serious illness and complex conditions.

Limabeany

Prince Harry presents award to courageous six-year-old Maddison | Nottingham Post

MOST children can only dream of meeting princes and princesses from their fairytale books.

But brave Maddison Sherwood met her own real-life Prince Charming – Prince Harry, who presented her with an award for being an inspirational child.

The Prince and celebrities recognised the courage of children and young people like her at the tenth annual WellChild Awards at the Hilton, Park Lane, London.

Maddison, six, of East Leake, was born with spinal muscular atrophy with respiratory distress, a rare condition that causes muscles to waste and paralysis of the diaphragm.

Some sufferers with her condition have not been able to talk, eat or even support their own head but Maddison has battled against the odds to lead as normal a life as possible.

She attends mainstream Lantern Lane Primary School, near her home, supported with daily physiotherapy from carers, has a tracheotomy for breathing and a walking frame and wheelchair to get around.

TLLK

She's only one of 30 in the world afflicted with this condition and it is a devastating one. So glad for her and her family that this visit brought some joy into her life. Glad to see that she is attending school with typical peers too.

Limabeany

Sometimes, it can be very hard for these parents to find schools that can take in their children, not all regular schools and teachers have the training and capacity to do so. It is lovely that she has found such a school.

Jenee

Lovely article (and only a sentence or two was dedicated to Harry's shoes, for those who weren't planning on reading it because of the silly title!)
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore