Duchess of Cambridge' tour wardrobe / fashion / style ,.etc

Started by Princessinwaiting, April 06, 2014, 02:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AyVey

Example of Kate's inappropriate clothes yesterday. This is no way for a future queen to look like at an official event while representing the crown and her country and Australia also.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/0747e8f9742e4217dc597a0110c287a1/tumblr_n4hmywkm3S1s7g60mo1_500.png

[mod]Image changed to link :flower:[/mod]

If you don't want to be criticized at all then say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.....

TLLK

I disagree. I've seen other 20th/21st century royal women with cleavage showing while representing their countries.  :)

TLLK

Quote from: Orchid on April 23, 2014, 02:37:27 PM
I really like the McQueen dusky pink outfit and it suits her very well.

McQueen, as a design house, produce exceptionally flattering and decorative designs.
I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if she orders another in a different color.

TLLK

Lady Adams

Quote from: TLLK on April 23, 2014, 10:46:25 PM
Quote from: Orchid on April 23, 2014, 02:37:27 PM
I really like the McQueen dusky pink outfit and it suits her very well.

McQueen, as a design house, produce exceptionally flattering and decorative designs.
I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if she orders another in a different color.
She kind of does-- her pink Emma Wickstead is very similar.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

AyVey

Cleavage and bra with all the outlines from back?! Please mention some names, I'll goggle it myself :)

If you don't want to be criticized at all then say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.....

TLLK

Ah AyVey-Just took a trip down the fashion disaster lane. Let me point out my favorite sources for photos The Royal Forums (Royal Fashion-"The Most Terrible parts 1-4" and Order of Sartorial Splendor "Things that make you go uummm." Sartorial Splendor has a whole page devoted to wardrobe malfunctions. Diana's beautiful but umm generously cut Emmanuel dress during her engagement does make the list. Several wind disasters from a pageant of royal ladies too.

For possible the worst fashion disaster in the "chest area" check out Princess Laurentian of the NL at CP Frederik and Mary Donaldson's wedding in 2004. Not a cleavage mistake, but well...you'll just have to see it to believe it. Other honorable mentions Princess Kalina of Bulgaria at the Luxembourg Silver Wedding. (She's not from a reigning house but her father did go back to his homeland and become PM of Bulgaria.) Princess Michael of Kent chatting up Vladimir Putin at a State Dinner. (They are both German speakers so they were put together.) Princess Caroline of Hannover and Monaco at the Rose Ball 2008 (More of a transparency issue.) Princess Haya of Jordan/Dubai at Ascot. And then Princess Maxima at her most Maxi at the 2012 pre-wedding celebration of HGD Guillame and Stephaine Lannoy.

Enjoy!!! Trust me you'll find that you can't stop looking at all of the train wrecks!!!

Lady Adams

^^ TLLK, do you have any links? I want to see these  :computer: and I'm not having much luck with my Google skillz! I especially want to see Princess Haya looking anything less than classy...it will make me feel better about my yoga pants  :hide:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

AyVey

Ohh I did, thank you! You are right there are some big fashion flops there but what annoys me is that Kate's mishaps are not considered inappropriate. They are always shrugged and passed as something normal that happens to everyone  which they aren't especially for someone in her position IMO

TLLK

Hope that you will enjoy them!! Extra points for the person who can find the wearer of the "Cookie Monster Jacket!!!"

With some of the fashion flops available through the magic of the internet, it really can be a "treat for the eyes."

Names that you will see pop up frequently Margrethe, Kalina, Princess Beatrix's trio of daughters-in-law: Maxima, Mabel, Laurentian :D

Lady Adams

^^ No one hate on Mabel's bows! I declare them off limits!  ;)

(Seriously, I have a soft spot of her bows. :icare: )

TLLK

^^^IMHO the Sartorial Splendor wardrobe malfunction page helps to put things into perspective. Even for the most modest of ladies wearing dresses with longer hemlines were victims of the wind gods at times.  :nod:

TLLK

Quote from: Lady Adams on April 24, 2014, 01:00:15 AM

For you I will bite my tongue. I will say this though, her wedding dress was beautifully fit to her shape. I did appreciate how she incorporated a wedding dress bow into her black/white dress for W-A's investiture.

Lady Adams

Quote from: TLLK on April 24, 2014, 01:00:58 AM
^^^IMHO the Sartorial Splendor wardrobe malfunction page helps to put things into perspective. Even for the most modest of ladies wearing dresses with longer hemlines were victims of the wind gods at times.  :nod:
I love Sartorial Splendor, and the wardrobe malfunctions do put things into perspective. However, that still doesn't change my mind on how low cut Kate's dress was. I mean, look at this photo someone in the crowd took: Twitter / FreakinFurious: Chatting to my girl :) ...

I'd be mortified if random strangers saw the sides of my breasts.

Lady Adams

Quote from: TLLK on April 24, 2014, 01:02:17 AM
Quote from: Lady Adams on April 24, 2014, 01:00:15 AM

For you I will bite my tongue. I will say this though, her wedding dress was beautifully fit to her shape. I did appreciate how she incorporated a wedding dress bow into her black/white dress for W-A's investiture.

Oh, when she did that I choked up. What a lovely tribute for Friso!

TLLK

^^^It really was a sight to see.  Bea's girls are truly unique and appear to be well-loved.

TLLK

Kate wears a bright green coat at a tree planting this morning. William in a (gasp) blue suit.

AyVey

Seriously another ugly green coat with zippers  :ugh: That's it I'm calling her duchess of bland from now on, she have absolutely no imagination or flair for clothes.

Double post auto-merged: April 24, 2014, 02:17:38 AM

Isn't it too hot to wear such a coat? Everyone else around her are in  a summer dress, why is she wearing a coat?

Lothwen

I don't mind the coat, but it's not something I would have worn, especially on a warm day like today
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Lady Adams

Rebound

That coat is a gorgeous Catherine Walker, in a very bold shade of green, hardly bland. The slender sleeves and stitching detail are streamlined and elegant--very Kate. I have seen lots of spring coats with zippers and belts--very fashion forward, especially the enclosed zippers.

I'm no expert on weather in Canberra, but the forecast for April 24 is 16 degrees celsius, which is around 60 degrees fahrenheit. Certainly the morning with the windy forecast would be chilly enough for a light coat.

To me, bows and hearts are for young women in their late-teens and early twenties, and aren't very mature looking. YMMV.

Limabeany

I find it bland for anyone other than a nun in the Order of St. Patrick...  :orchid:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

AyVey

I find it very bland too especially her belt which is as usual above her natural waist in order to look more leggy, as someone said very kate. The coat is especially bad compared to the original design which is very young and stylish. She takes stylish designer looks and turn them into bland version of hers.

http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz168/alicat411/05b87f32-3963-42da-95e1-a4330d11a550_zpsb6da4b2b.jpg

[admin]changed photo to link[/admin]

TLLK

Quote from: Rebound on April 24, 2014, 02:50:41 AM
That coat is a gorgeous Catherine Walker, in a very bold shade of green, hardly bland. The slender sleeves and stitching detail are streamlined and elegant--very Kate. I have seen lots of spring coats with zippers and belts--very fashion forward, especially the enclosed zippers.

I'm no expert on weather in Canberra, but the forecast for April 24 is 16 degrees celsius, which is around 60 degrees fahrenheit. Certainly the morning with the windy forecast would be chilly enough for a light coat.

To me, bows and hearts are for young women in their late-teens and early twenties, and aren't very mature looking. YMMV.
Or for those still stuck in the late eighties.  :wink: I'm not surprised that the choice was green because it is the second color associated with Australia. She's already worn yellow.

I wonder if she'll be turning to Catherine Walker more in the future.

PrincessOfPeace

Quote from: Rebound on April 24, 2014, 02:50:41 AM

I agree and the CW coat is gorgeous. I never have an issue with the Duchess wearing colour.