Camilla Vows to do More to Help Victims of Sexual Violence

Started by cinrit, October 31, 2014, 06:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteThe Duchess of Cornwall yesterday declared herself 'humbled' by the courage of a group of rape survivors.

And she vowed to use her position as a member of the Royal Family to do everything she could to bring the issue of sexual violence against women 'out of the shadows and into the light'.

Speaking exclusively to MailOnline during a four-day tour of Colombia with her husband, the Prince of Wales, Camilla made clear she wanted the difficult - and often socially uncomfortable - issue of rape and sexual abuse to be a cornerstone of her work

The Duchess, wearing a pistachio Anna Valentine suit, was taking part in a Preventing Sexual Violence Initiative event in the capital Bogota involving campaigners and victims.

More: Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall vows to do more to help victims of sexual violence | Daily Mail Online

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

sandy

It seems weird that this excerpt talks about the worthy cause then talks about a pistachio Anna Valentine suit.  What does that have to do with the cause? These writers need to polish the prose. IMO anyway

TLLK

cate1949

agree - do we ever read an article that speaks of a serious issue that Charles is involved in punctuated by "and Charles had a on lovely grey suit with black oxford's"?  It is sexism pure and simple.

I applaud her determination to tackle a controversial subject - people do not like being reminded of the ugly side of life and would prefer to pretend it did not exist.  So if someone like Camilla keeps bringing it to the forefront it increases the likelihood steps will be taken to solve the issue.

I will know that woman are truly equal citizens when MEN start to talk about ending rape and violence against women - if Charles was also making that statement then we would know for sure we are making progress.

TLLK

snokitty

If people such as the posters on forums did not go on and on about the outfits worn by the females then they would not highlight the women's  clothes.
I admit that I like to look at their clothes right along with others.
There are men who speak against rape and issues pertaining to women. With Charles he likes to speak about things where he can appear to be an expert on. I don't think that he wants it to appear that he is an expert on rape and who could blame him. I am sure he finds rape wrong as do most men.
Besides this is Camilla's issue and Charles would not want to appear to be stepping on her toes.
I cannot believe that I am defending Charles.   :hmm:
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

TLLK

Look at the piggy with the pretty wings flying by!!!!! :P