2015 Engagement List for Will, Kate, and Harry

Started by Canuck, February 01, 2015, 03:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Quote from: Canuck on March 06, 2015, 12:11:07 AM
Happy to help!  I personally find the CC website extremely cumbersome (and riddled with small inaccuracies the print copy does not suffer from), so hopefully this serves as a helpful tool for anyone who would like to see at a glance all of the engagements deemed "official" by the BRF as well as any other "non-official" Royal work (marked by asterisks) that for whatever reason was not included in the CC.
It is surprising that the print copy that is in the Times is more accurate than the website. Why the issues in supplying the same information? :unsure:

Canuck

Quote from: snokitty on March 06, 2015, 05:24:38 AM
The point is if she is just copying the CC the padding will just be repeated. Getting on and off airplanes is not considered working by any standards unless one is trying to pad the numbers.

People are certainly welcome to simply not include arrivals/departures in their own count.  But as for when those are considered "work" -- they're included in the CC for every single Royal.  So if someone wants a tally to compare W/K/H to the totals of other members of the BRF, they will want to include those things so as to apply the same rules to everyone.  If by contrast someone wants a tally of what they personally believe to be meaningful engagements, then perhaps they wouldn't include them or would include only those that involve meeting with a dignitary at the airport.

TLLK

Quote from: Canuck on March 06, 2015, 06:17:18 AM
Quote from: snokitty on March 06, 2015, 05:24:38 AM
The point is if she is just copying the CC the padding will just be repeated. Getting on and off airplanes is not considered working by any standards unless one is trying to pad the numbers.

People are certainly welcome to simply not include arrivals/departures in their own count.  But as for when those are considered "work" -- they're included in the CC for every single Royal.  So if someone wants a tally to compare W/K/H to the totals of other members of the BRF, they will want to include those things so as to apply the same rules to everyone.  If by contrast someone wants a tally of what they personally believe to be meaningful engagements, then perhaps they wouldn't include them or would include only those that involve meeting with a dignitary at the airport.
Personally I wouldn't count their own departures/arrivals at an airport though I know the CC does do it. However when a member of the BRF or any other royal family meet a visiting HoS or dignitary at the airport then I would consider it an engagement.

Double post auto-merged: March 07, 2015, 03:29:10 PM

Apparently the British Monarchy site has responded to the numerous complaints about missing engagements and have been routinely updating the site.

TLLK

Church services are going to be prominent this week with the Commonwealth and Afghanistan events.

TLLK

No just simply pointing out that there are services for the Commonwealth and Afghanistan this week. :)

tiaras

It's Good to be Queen : Photo

Kate and William are there but no Harry. I dont think he will be showing up.

Canuck

Quote from: snokitty on March 09, 2015, 02:23:40 PM
PA Royal Reporters ‏@PARoyal

Quote#Kate's last official engagement was on Feb 18 at @EmmaBridgewater for @EACH_hospices #growingbump

From Canuck's count

QuoteFebruary 24: Royal Foundation Chairman's Dinner at KP
February 25: received outgoing director of the National Portrait Gallery

:hmm:  looks like some padding going on.

The engagements on the 24th and the 25th were not open to the press, so that's probably why the reporter tweeting that message didn't mention them/didn't remember them.

TLLK

Quote from: tiaras on March 09, 2015, 03:59:52 PM

I don't believe he was to be at this one today, but will be there for the Afghanistan service.  :)

In All I Do

Odd.. that tweet doesn't seem to be there anymore. Perhaps @PARoyal realized their mistake.

TLLK

^^^It's likely that @PARoyal did and then removed it because her last engagement was on Feb. 25th before William left for Japan.

tiaras

Quote from: TLLK on March 09, 2015, 07:22:59 PM
Quote from: tiaras on March 09, 2015, 03:59:52 PM

I don't believe he was to be at this one today, but will be there for the Afghanistan service.  :)

I doubt he will be present for that either. 

"Prince Harry's been on a private trip to Lesotho the past few days. He's expected to be more hands-on w/#Sentebale when he leaves the army."
HWalesWire

TLLK

Never fear tiaras!! There is reason for red eye flights!! He might be slightly rumpled but I do believe that he's going to be there.

Canuck

I would be very surprised if Harry missed the Afghanistan service.  He did actually serve there, and pretty much the entire family is coming out for the service.

Interesting he's back in Lesotho -- I wonder where the HWalesWire twitter found out, as none of the Royal reporters seem to have anything on it.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on March 10, 2015, 02:20:39 AM
Never fear tiaras!! There is reason for red eye flights!! He might be slightly rumpled but I do believe that he's going to be there.

That reminds me, does anyone know if Kate is pencilled in, with William,  to present the shamrock to the Irish Guards this St Patrick's Day?

In All I Do

It was just announced this morning that they would be presenting on the 17th, yes, @Curryong

Curryong

Quote from: Adrienne on March 10, 2015, 11:49:05 AM
It was just announced this morning that they would be presenting on the 17th, yes, @Curryong

Thankyou Adrienne. The Guards have such a cute Irish Wolfhound mascot.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on March 10, 2015, 11:53:04 AM
Quote from: Adrienne on March 10, 2015, 11:49:05 AM

Thankyou Adrienne. The Guards have such a cute Irish Wolfhound mascot.
He is cute especially with his cape and shamrocks.

Double post auto-merged: March 10, 2015, 05:39:45 PM

Quote from: Canuck on March 10, 2015, 02:33:26 AM
I would be very surprised if Harry missed the Afghanistan service.  He did actually serve there, and pretty much the entire family is coming out for the service.

Interesting he's back in Lesotho -- I wonder where the HWalesWire twitter found out, as none of the Royal reporters seem to have anything on it.
I truly believe that he will be present for the Afghanistan service as he is the BRF's veteran for that campaign. Hope that he's in the uniform worn for his balcony appearances.

cate1949

Irish Wolfhounds are NOT cute - they are noble, loyal and magnificent but never cute.

Odd no confirm on Harry being in Lesotho - but yes I feel confident he'll show for the Afghanistan service

Curryong

Do you have an Irish wolfhound as a part of your family, Cate?

cate1949

LOL - how did you guess Curryong?  Wolfhounds are truly wonderful affectionate loyal beasts - do recall the origin of their name, they were once used to hunt wolves.  And were for many centuries the favored hounds of Kings (Richard III was said to have favored wolfhounds).  So "cute" really just is not the dignified word to use - or so I must say in defense of their dignity.  Tongue in cheek of course.

We have had three - wonderful companions - but they will break your heart - they do not live very long.  I miss both of our previous hounds and enjoy our current fellow while we can.  Loyal and gentle they are wonderful dogs. 

Curryong

They look as if they'd be very affectionate pets and are magnificent-looking animals. Why aren't they long-lived?

TLLK

^^^I've read that very large breeds like Great Danes and Irish Wolfhounds have short life spans due to their size.

Canuck

Time for the mid-month update.  New March events are below.

JANUARY

Will
None

Kate
January 15: Clore Art Room opening
January 16: Fostering Network visit
January 19: Family Friends coffee
January 19: Kensington Aldridge Academy visit
January 19: Kensington Leisure Centre opening

Harry
*January 9: signed book of condolence for Charlie Hebdo
January 14: Coach Core graduation session
*January 23: met with 65 Degrees North (ice cap challenge team)

FEBRUARY

Will
February 24: investiture at BP
February 24: Royal Foundation Chairman's Dinner at KP
February 25: departed Heathrow for Japan
February 26: arrived in Japan/greeted by British ambassador
February 26: boat tour with Governor of Tokyo
February 26: tea ceremony in Hama-rikyu Gardens
February 27: lay wreath at Commonwealth cemetery
February 27: lunch with Emperor and Empress of Japan at Imperial Palace
February 27: meeting with Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Japan at Akasaka Palace
February 27: Innovation is Great launch in Tokyo
February 27: reception at British Embassy in Tokyo
February 28: visit to NHK Broadcasting Studio in Tokyo
February 28: visit to Innovation is Great display at T-Site Multimedia Store
February 28: visit to Smile Kids Park in Fukushima (with President of Japan)
February 28: dinner given by President of Japan

Kate
February 10: Bethlem and Maudsley school visit
February 11: KP reception for Palliative Care Programme for Children and Young People
February 12: visit to Ben Ainslie Racing Office in Whiteley
February 12: visit to site of new Ben Ainslie Racing Base Headquarters
February 12: reception for 1851 Trust at Spinnaker Tower
February 18: visit to Emma Bridgewater factory for EACH
February 18: visit to Action for Children at Cape Hill Children's Centre
February 25: received outgoing director of the National Portrait Gallery

Harry
February 1: RFU injured players training session
February 3: visit to Full Effect program
February 25: visit to Northumberland Wildlife Trust's Red Squirrels project
February 25: visit to Avondale House veterans charity

MARCH

Will
March 1: visit to Ishinomaki NewSea building
March 1: lay wreath at Hoyoriyama Hill Vantage Point
March 1: visit to Chime of Hope Market in Onagawa
March 1: visit Matsushima Airbase in Miyagi Prefecture
March 1: depart Tokyo and arrive Beijing/greeted by British ambassador
March 2: meeting with President of China
March 2: visit to Forbidden City
March 2: meeting with Vice President of China
March 2: opening of GREAT Festival of Creativity in Shanghai
March 2: received Founder/Executive Chairman of the Alibaba Group
March 2: received Chairman of Wanda Group
March 2: received Chairman of Sanpower
March 3: attended GREAT Festival of Creativity
March 3: Premier Skills event at Nanyang School
March 3: attend Education UK's Alumni Awards Ceremony
March 3: reopening of Heritage Building at Intercontinental Shanghai
March 3: International Wildlife Trafficking Meeting with NGOs
March 3: opened British Centre
March 3: Chinese premiere of the film Paddington
March 3: dinner for GREAT Festival
March 4: visit to Mengman Village, Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture
March 4: visit to Asian Elephant Sanctuary
March 4: visit to Wild Elephant Valley
March 4: visit to Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Gardens
March 4: attended Conservation on the Border Conference
March 4: departed Hong Kong for Britain
March 5: arrived at Heathrow
March 9: Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey
March 13: Afghanistan commemoration service at St. Paul's

Kate
March 9: Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey
March 11: visit to Turner Contemporary gallery
March 11: visit to Resort Studios in Margate
March 12: visit to set of Downton Abbey/Ealing Studios

Harry

TLLK

^^^Thank you Canuck for keeping this thread updated. :thumbsup:

cinrit

Thanks from me, too, Canuck.  That's quite a list!  :)

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.