Sentebale

Started by Hale, October 16, 2010, 12:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hale

Congratualations to Sentebale.

As for the Daily Fail's comments.........I now question everything they say.  This is partly due to the fact they have ignored the fact that Harry started the charity from scratch.  The Charities commission themselves said that it takes approximately 5 years for a charity to establish itself and because every so often the Daily Fail will publish an article to say how badly Sentebale is doing.....this despite the fact that Harry received an award in Germany on behalf of Sentebale's charitable efforts.

There is no pleasing them. Still, it keeps Harry's charity in the limelight.

RoyalB

Congrats indeed!  This is great news for Harry's charity and even better his intention to expand the work Sentebale does for other disadvantaged children, not just in Lesotho.

As for the Daily Fail, who cares?  (Well, I do, actually.  Fisticuffs.)

Love some of the above comments (Hale, Lothwen, Macro.)  I'd just like to add that I may need to brush up with the boxing gloves, gals. :catfight:

RaspBerries

Wow! That is incredible news. Why isn't this type of news all over the place? It may encourage others to do goodworks.

WOW

Totally agree! The press has always wanted to play good cop, bad cop with William and Harry and I find that such a shame!

RaspBerries

ITA! It is such a shame that the press feels it necessary to play them against each other. There is only two of them.

Lothwen

The Daily Mail was so obvious during Harry's Jubilee tour it was embarassing.  The first story they ran had the headline "Party Prince" and pictures of him drinking.  When the majority of the comments blasted them for that, the next story was very flattering to Harry, praising his compassion and his ease with his role.  Then the third story they ran was all about how William had advised Harry on his trip.   
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

RaspBerries

That third story was embarrassing and silly.

robynrose

The story in the DM about drinking rum and being the Party Prince was toned down because of a complaint from Harry's people And  the one in the Sun tabloid which was worst was pulled from the paper Harry never drank what they said he did.   The media had to correct the story because it was not true That lie would have hurt Harry,  the tour and Sentebale It is one of the few times that St James place has protected Harry and they did it quickly

Minerva

Sentebale is affiliated with Klosters Snow Polo 18th-22nd January 2013
Klosters Snow Polo

I wonder if this is where Harry will be making his first appearance post-Afghanistan?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -George Orwell

live your truth there is nothing to fear, you live your fear you fear life.

Death is not a sport, nor is hunting. ... Ahimsa

Blue Clover

I hope they raise lots of money for this good cause.

Diamonds

:goodpost: Me too!  :nod:

Minerva

QuoteWSU News Student's designs shown in Prince Harry charities fashion show

A Washington State University student was one of the featured designers at the Feb. 2 Royal Fashion Show benefit for two charities of England's Prince Harry of Wales.

Gordon Stumpo of Denver joined nearly 40 fashion students from around the world who had submitted entries for a design competition preceding the show, which was hosted by charities Pink Ribbons Crusade and Sentebale. The competition was judged by all-star designers and popular contestants from the TV series "Project Runway." Winning designs were showcased at the Bella Collina Towne and Golf Club in San Clemente, Calif.

WSU News Center - Student's designs shown in Prince Harry charities fashion show
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -George Orwell

live your truth there is nothing to fear, you live your fear you fear life.

Death is not a sport, nor is hunting. ... Ahimsa

Limabeany

"Sentebale is pleased to announce the Sentebale – Stories of Hope exhibition, will open at Getty Images Gallery, London on 26th July 2013 until 10th August, showcasing images by Getty Images' award-winning royal photographer Chris Jackson of Sentebale's work in helping the vulnerable children of Lesotho."

Sentebale | Sentebale announces photography exhibition
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Limabeany

@Sentebale Prince Harry to attend private view with @ChrisJack_Getty at Sentebale #StoriesofHope exhibition @gettygallery on 25th July

Double post auto-merged: July 11, 2013, 07:33:52 PM

Sentebale on Vimeo
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Limabeany

Closing Day at San Diego Polo to Benefit Prince Harry's SENTEBALE
Sentebale
Sunday, September 29, 2013 from 12:30 PM to 7:00 PM
Rancho Santa Fe, United States

Online Event Registration - Sell Tickets Online with Eventbrite

Limabeany

Joss Stone performs in Lesotho assisted by Prince Harry's Sentebale charity | Mail Online

Arriving in Lesotho, singer Joss Stone delighted locals with a live performance before paying a visit to impoverished communities that have been assisted by Sentebale, the charity set up by Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso of Lesotho to help those affected by extreme poverty, HIV and AIDS.

'Prince Harry is such a good, genuine person so when he or Prince William ask me to do anything, I know it's coming from a good place and I pay attention.

'Coming here, you realise it's not going to fix the whole of Lesotho, but it'll fix a lot for a lot of people.'

Limabeany

Starkey Hearing Foundation has built a powerful partnership in Lesotho with Sentebale, a charity founded by Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso to help the landlocked nation's most vulnerable children.

PrincessOfPeace

Limabeany

This was posted at the first post in the thread, PoP, thank you for the reminder.  :)

HsHCharlene

Good to hear Charles is getting involved; father-son moment!

TLLK

Thank you snokitty for sharing the link. Enjoyed the video where Harry greets his father, step-mother and grandmother. He executes a near perfect plie to kiss his granny on the cheek before his bow.

Mr. Keightley is IMO a talented landscape architect and I like the background information that he shared regarding the plants and the inspiration for the design. While I believe he'd like to have used native plants from Lesotho I can understand the need to substitute European ones for the garden.

Limabeany

He and Charles must have had a great time tinkering with that and giving their opinions!

cate1949

this is an example of Harry being smarter than his brother in terms of what he does - this exhibit will be seen by thousands who come to the flower show - giving a great impression of Harry and his charity in the public's mind.  Harry looks more active than his brother.  The impression made is what counts.

Plus it is nice to see him and his Dad working together.  More positive images of Harry  compared to Will.  Even if Will worked as much or even more - Harry just does stuff that has more exposure and is more appealing.

wannable

Fair enough PR entitlement, just like last year, he will be photographed inauguration day, credits to the people who actually make the sentebale garden happen, from the architect to the men and women who get down and dirty. 

wannable

Allegedly he plans, it may be his dad or the staff, he probably only nods a head movement of yes and no, and a two second signature.