Author Topic: Meghan WILL join Prince Harry & royal family at Sandringham on Christmas Day  (Read 2159 times)

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    66%
    • Favorite royal: The Queen and Prince Harry
That article by Richard Kay sounds about right. There are a few details there about Meghan working the room, asking people what they do, seeing how the Long Gallery looks when full of people that reads in an authentic way. She's really getting to know Windsor well, and hopefully will remember some of the royal Household by name.

Double post auto-merged: December 14, 2017, 09:45:24 AM

There are still paps but far far fewer. Even Niraj Tanna has kind of semi retired. An Aussie who headed one of the biggest photo agencies in Britain and paid and encouraged hundreds of papparazi at his peak, went bankrupt after Leveson. He came back to Australia and became Mayor of Geelong, one of our provincial cities!

But no, I don't think there'd be too much money in it nowadays. Maybe for a once in a life time shot, Prince Phiiip going berserk, Harry and Meghan kissing on honeymoon, William with another woman, the Queen weeping at the Diana memorial, (only one of those is likely!) but otherwise, Pippa going shopping, Pippa on bike, Pippa walking etc etc, they'd get peanuts. And everybody's got a phone now, they can be their own paps.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 09:45:24 AM by Curryong »

The following users thanked this post: Kritter

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
 Rebecca English‏Verified account @RE_DailyMail

#MeghanMarkle was a surprise guest at the Queen's annual staff Christmas party at Windsor Castle on Monday. One person who met her told me that she was 'charm personified'. 'She held out her hand & said 'Hi, I'm Meghan'. She was unbelievably beautiful and Harry looked so proud.'
Yes it was definitely a surprise to all those attended. And those that did meet her were absolutely blown away by her elegance and confidence. She's gone down well with the staff, that's for certain!
Yes, although I don't think I it was a gesture per se. I get the impression that Harry was keen to introduce her. I can imagine it will also help her get used to the 'Royal' way of doing things...

Harry is in love.   :crazylove:

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    66%
That is absolutely lovely and it's so good that Harry was very proud. :cloud9:

The following users thanked this post: Kritter

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  One thing that Meghan will be grateful to avoid is the scramble for the best bedrooms  en-suite dressing rooms are particularly prized. When Prince Edward and the Countess of Wessex celebrated their first Christmas there as a married couple, such was the pressure on space that they were given separate bedrooms. Instead of sleeping under the Queen's roof at Sandringham House, Meghan and Harry are expected to billet themselves with William and Kate at Anmer Hall, the Cambridges country house a short drive away.

Read more: Richard Kay: Meghan Markle transforming the Royal Family | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

US WEEKLY said it first from a Meghan team

:xmas1:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 06:30:27 PM by wannable »

The following users thanked this post: dianab, TLLK

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    66%
Don't think so. The British Press have been saying for weeks that Harry/Meghan will be at Anmer for Xmas. Actually, I heard elsewhere yesterday that Harry always has a room at Sandringham House and that's not likely to change, with Meghan also being given a room there.

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
Are Ma & Pa Midds being cut out of the Cambridge holidays? Oh my where will they sleep if Harry & Meghan are there. Well I guess they do have the new wealthy SIL to give them a room for the holidays.    :xmas1:

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
for Christmas they will be staying with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at their nearby Anmer Hall home in Norfolk, England. They'll be William and Kate's guests and travel back and forth with them, a source told Us. 

The latest news from US Weekly.
Meghan Markle to Attend Christmas Church With Royal Family, Palace Confirms

The following users thanked this post: dianab, TLLK

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    66%
Archbishop of Canterbury says on radio programme that Harry and Meghan show a profound sense of commitment to each other and to their faith that is 'quite inspirational'.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are 'Profoundly Committed' | PEOPLE.com

The following users thanked this post: TLLK, Kritter

Online TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
Baptized and confirmed, that is why I highlighted the two words in my previous post referring this matter. I'm no expert, but I do think she needs both in order to do communion. Where's @Windsor he's the expert in the ask Windsor  :xmas1:
I miss Windsor and his question/answer thread!! @wannable  :windsor1:

Online amabel

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    12%
    • Favorite royal: Anne Boleyn
yes usualy one needs to be confirmed to take communion.

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
What Meghan Markle can expect at royal Christmas with the Queen | London Evening Standard

It is not known if Meghan will be staying with the Queen or the Cambridges at nearby Anmer Hall, which will make it all rather more relaxed.

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
This is new from the above article:

For weeks now, upwards of 100 staff members have been preparing a days-long sumptuous house party for George?s parents the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the extended family.

In between KP and Amner Hall, they have about 55 staffers. 

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
W&K have now been relegated to being "George's parents" because they are so boring.

The following users thanked this post: Curryong

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
Robert Jobson blowed up real good...if he would have, could have done his homework, he wouldn't mention 100 staff workers preparing a Amner Hall party with no date penciled, as W,K and H staff between KP and Amner for W&K, round up to 55 at most.

Perhaps RJ should focus on a second article and further detail; I'd believe it if staffers from other households are helping and joining forces to make an Amner Hall party, the Turnip Toff crew in Norfolk, come meet MM boxing day, football day, New Years? 

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
Where do you get your numbers?
Are you counting drivers & Nannies?
Could you tell us what the 55 people actually do?
Did you count everyone that works in their offices?

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
Pretty much consistent, when the spotters and the Restaurant was booked 60 people for a KP Christmas Party, and the math is done per person, totaling to, mentioned in multiple articles...and a waiter gave the information and let the photographer take a picture of the Christmas Menu!  :xmas3: and found out too that their License is being renovated by January 2018. You are  :welcome:

Versus the BP household plus the workers in Windsor, Sandringham and Balmoral, what 900 at Windsor bash. Thats a large firm.  :xmas1: and they only received a Christmas Pudding in a Can.  No lucky number from an innocent hand game, MM would have been perfect, to win a price? This family has so many ties with consumer manufacturers, Im scratching my head, other then they are billionaires.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 04:15:52 AM by wannable »

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
^ I think Jobson is right on his numbers & the party was most likely held for senior staff.

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
Jobson is talking about a future party...with no further detail, and the blowing of the numbers.  Until I see a second article pointing to this direction with more information, IMO its BS.

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
I still think Jobson's numbers are close since they seem to need a different person to do every menial task for them.

Online TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
In between KP and Amner Hall, they have about 55 staffers.

Which sounds about right @wannable because just the KP complex would include those who also work to maintain, repair and run the parts of the palace that are open to the public in addition to the private residences and the KP grounds team.

I understand that Meghan's had only just returned to the UK earlier in the week, but she was able to attend the Windsor Castle and Kensington Palace parties. Important events for her to attend so she can be introduced to those who will be preparing her wedding venue site and more importantly those who work at her new home. However I can understand if the couple felt that they didn't have to stay to the end of the KP party on Wednesday evening.  :xmas4:

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
W&K had 70 employees before the kids & now after the kids they have cut back to 55.    :eyes:

Online TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
I believe that you may have been misinformed regarding the residents of a royal palace and the number of staff required to maintain them. Also don't forget that many staff also work by providing tours of the state owned palaces. Meghan had the opportunity to meet the large Windsor Castle staff at their Christmas Party. :)

Remember Kensington Palace is home to the Gloucesters, Kents, the Cambridges and Prince Harry/Meghan Markle and the Kensington Palace staff is there to maintain the entire complex.

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
Well there were reports they were entertaining 70 at a Christmas party & now there are 55. Really!!!! Why did they fire all the others?

Online TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle party with William and Kate in London

Sounds like it was more like 60 Kensington Palace staff members who were in attendance on Wednesday evening.  :) :xmas4:

BTW Palace staff are often divided up into different groups depending upon where and for whom they work.

ie: https://www.hrp.org.uk/about-us/work-for-us/-Historic Royal Palaces: Tower of London, Kensington Palace, Hampton Court Palace

ie: Household staff-Staff who work for a specific royal household ie: Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh. The Royal Household - Current Vacancies

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 12:19:00 PM by TLLK »

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    66%
As far as accommodation filling up in and around Windsor for the wedding weekend this is a report that states that it is getting quite tight.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wedding date: Windsor accommodation sells out

Royal Insight Forum is not responsible for the content of external sites