Harry and Megan Relationship

Started by SophieChloe, January 09, 2017, 06:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yale

Eri is obsessed with Harry and who he dates.  And he doesn't know he or she from Adam's house cat!
[mod] Please do not opine that @Eri is "obessed" She is just as entitled to her thoughts. [/mod]

Harry with with Meghan and now they are virtually living  together.  You don't like it ? So what?  What can you do about it?

Cat00

Harry's photo with Meghan coming out of a restaurant is not from December, it's current, so much so that Harry is thinner. I'm sure they had an amazing Valentines Day! They wanted privacy, after all, this day is to enjoy in private :hug:

[gmod] This comment has been edited by a Moderator because it didn't abide by our community standards: User Conduct and Etiquette and Registration Agreement. Replies may also be deleted. Please see any private notification for more details. [/gmod]

SophieChloe

IMO they look gorgeous together.  I do question why an accomplished lady would want to be with a professional lazy git?   Don't shoot me folks, but he ain't no worker....is he? 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Curryong

^ I think the older members of the Royal Family (the Queen and Prince Philip) have begun the process of handing over some patronages and duties to the three younger senior royals including Harry, in the last few months. It's never going to be enough to make any of them full-time, in the sense that most people know it, 9-5 (or later, earlier) five days a week. However, they are making a start, though God knows it's taken long enough, and are doing more this year than last.

I don't think Harry is work-shy, especially when the work interests him. When he was in the army he did the same amount as his fellow officers. He's always gone the extra mile working behind the scenes at the two charities associated with him, Invictus and Sentebale. I remember years ago he was laying pipes on a Sentebale project in Lesotho when Chelsy got a bit boisterous at the Capetown races! He also volunteered to stay behind after his tour of Nepal to help build a village school.

Again, it's just not what normal people regard as hard yacka. In mitigation Charles forks out for the expenses of the Cambridges and gives Harry an allowance for his public duties, so I'm not sure if Charlie would be extremely happy bankrolling a full time Harry on Royal duties as well as he, Camilla and perhaps the Cambridges. Some of his money will be freed up certainly when William gets hold of the Duchy money, but at the moment that's the way it is. Meghan may be coming on board too and will need some of Charles's cash.

Now I've gone completely off topic, I know! Sorry, sorry!

amabel

OH lord is there no end to this Meghan and harry saga.  I don't believe he will marry her and I don't think she would realy want to marry him.. so presumably she's just in it for publicity or she just likes him for a light hearted affair.

royalanthropologist

I have been reading about this "controversial relationship" for sometime. My own amateurish psychoanalysis is that the relationship is a direct consequence of how Diana brought up her children. She taught them to challenge conventions and to embrace people regardless of their personal circumstances. It is therefore not surprising that her  eldest son is obsessed with "being normal". Her youngest son has fallen hard for an American, mixed race, politically liberal, opinionated, minor actress. Had he been brought up like other royal children (traditional values); Harry would probably have tried to court a foreign princess (particularly if she had a crown coming her way like Victoria of Sweden). This is all due to the influence of Diana and she may end up destroying the Windsors (albeit in a roundabout way through her sons) like she had wanted to do during her short life. The people do not like "ordinary kings" and history has shown that such kings are soon thrown out pretty quickly. The moment the Windsors become "ordinary" is the day their reign will end. 
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Curryong

Charles was brought up in an ultra traditional way by a mother who abided by the conventions of a court which was set up at the beginning of her reign as it had been before the war. Indeed, many practices survived from her grandfather's reign. The Queen spent a lot of hours at her duties and not many with her children. Her children were brought up by a succession of strict nannies. Charles as a young man was a product of this. Yet he never cast his eye over any foreign princesses, and there were several more Protestant princesses about of the right age group in the 1970's than there are now.

Andrew was more indulged, but still led a very restrictive lifestyle. Sarah once said that until she met him he had never visited a department store for example. He didn't and doesn't regard himself as 'normal'. Yet he never sought the hand of any foreign princesses either, nor did Edward. Nor did King George VI, his sister and two of his brothers marry royalty.

In fact this intermarriage of royal families virtually ended after the First World War. Except for Prince Philip, Marina of Greece was the last royal to marry into the BRF, in 1934. Yet George V's children weren't brought up to regard themselves as 'normal'.

How many royals today in European and Scandinavian royalty are married to fellow royals? Juan Carlos and Sophia of Spain, (and what a success their marriage has been!) Constantine and Anne Marie of Denmark are the only others I can think of and they married in the 1960's. All the others are married to commoners. Diana's influence? Don't think so!

Crown Princess Victoria is years older than Harry and is the product of a Royal-commoner marriage. I don't think when King Carl-Gustav married Sylvia he was trying to be 'normal' nor was he under the influence of people like Diana, who wasn't yet on the scene. Victoria married a commoner and remains happily married.

I don't think you realise the paucity of princesses who are Protestant or prepared to convert that would want to marry into the Windsors anyway. I believe on this very forum years ago several posters did some research on how many eligible princesses of the right age and religion were available for Harry. There were very, very few, if I remember correctly.

Yet Harry is to preferably remain in that restricted gene pool, when practically every other Royal in Europe including his own uncles, aunt and great gtandparents married commoners they fell in love with?

amabel

Oh he's not going to marry a "Protestant princess". he'll probably end up like WIlliam with an upper class or upper middle English girl. 
Nothing to do with Diana, almost All British royals for generations have married into the enlglish upper class - a few minor royals like Peter Philips or Lord N Windsor have married women who are not Englsih but have lived in the UK and settled here, but they are not really royals, as they are so far from the throne.
Charles as you say Curry was brought up the most "traditional" of the queen's children and he is naturally old fashioned.. but he chose boht his wives from the Englsih aristocracy..
I'm sure Harry will do the same, when he does settle down. I don't see him marrying Meg because she's a career girl, she's American and divorced, and all these things would IMO make it hard for her to settle to the restricted life of the wife of a senior royal.

Lady Deb

Quote from: royalanthropologist on February 18, 2017, 09:59:45 AM
I have been reading about this "controversial relationship" for sometime. My own amateurish psychoanalysis is that the relationship is a direct consequence of how Diana brought up her children. She taught them to challenge conventions and to embrace people regardless of their personal circumstances. It is therefore not surprising that her  eldest son is obsessed with "being normal". Her youngest son has fallen hard for an American, mixed race, politically liberal, opinionated, minor actress. Had he been brought up like other royal children (traditional values); Harry would probably have tried to court a foreign princess (particularly if she had a crown coming her way like Victoria of Sweden). This is all due to the influence of Diana and she may end up destroying the Windsors (albeit in a roundabout way through her sons) like she had wanted to do during her short life. The people do not like "ordinary kings" and history has shown that such kings are soon thrown out pretty quickly. The moment the Windsors become "ordinary" is the day their reign will end.
IMO, Diana brought a well-rounded and good influence into her children's lives. Personally, I believe it is important to be aware of many things and then choose appropriately.  Her Majesty's 4 children were brought up with the traditional values, yet none of them chose to court foreign royalty. Both Charles, heir to the throne, and Anne have been married twice yet neither chose to court or marry foreign royalty. Indeed, I believe there should be a balance as a RF that is out of touch and unable to relate to the people would not be a good thing. Reminds me of just after Princess Diana died, and there was such a stirring among 'the people' as it was thought the RF were out of touch in response to the grief that was felt.
If Harry and Meghan are happy together good for them, 'the people' with overall good values should be quite happy with that. Whether Royal or common everyone deserves happiness.

sandy

William did not court a foreign princess and he's the one who is going to be King. He courted a woman he met at University, the daughter of someone from the upper middle class. Although she did not have to support herself her parents mostly did. But she was not from the aristocracy or a foreign princess.

Diana in interviews talked about William and Harry's royal heritage and Harry would be a support to WIlliam when he became King. She made them aware of charity work that would have to be done. I think WIlliam at least skewed her message of "normalcy" and avoided full time royal duties for as long as possible going to a job created just for him with very flexible hours.

I see nothing wrong with Meghan marrying Harry.  I don't think Harry went around with a checklist for women to date and chose one just to be "ornery.". He just was attracted to her and there apparently is a mutual interest and they are seeing each other.

TLLK

Have to agree with @Curryong, @amabel, and @sandy regarding Harry and foreign princesses. IMO it had nothing to  do with their mother but more that all royals and "commoners" have become a more frequent pairing when it comes to marriage not just those in the  UK. The last of the royal = royal marriages in European reigning houses would have taken place in the 1990's with Lichtenstein's Alois and Sophie (non-reigning house). Before that it would have been in the 1960's with Anne Marie/Constantine and Sofia/Juan Carlos.

If his parents' marriage had any influence on him then I believe it would be to do the following:1. Wait until he was older before marrying. 2. Select a partner who had similar values, interests, and energy levels to himself. 3. Choose someone who would be able to adjust to the media attention and royal protocol and lifestyle with some ease.

If Meghan is the one and permission is granted then I see no reason why they wouldn't marry.

Yale

Harry is 32.  This relationship is serious.  Those against it might as well just deal because there is nothing you can do about it,  You can say Harry will not marry her to the cows come home but if that is what he wants it will happen.

His KP statement  said it all and his relationship put all of against it including those on this forum, in your places!! He doesn't care what you think.

Cat00

@SophieChloe

Curious, Eri's posts are never edited, nor when she calls people ridiculous. Sorry, but your preference and defense by Eri is explicit. I think moderators have to be impartial about Forum members

royalanthropologist

You have all educated me about the issue. In my defense I did say that it was very amateurish psychoanalysis so obviously it had no basis in scientific fact. Anyway I do not necessarily think that embracing people is a bad thing. It is the "normal bloke" thing that I find troubling. If royals are normal then what is the point of them? Anyway thanks all for the feedback. I particularly liked the post by @sandy, @Curryong, @amabel and @Lady Deb.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Trudie

I hate to point this out to you but Diana will have been dead 20 years this August and The Windsors are still surviving. In 1969 The royal family made a documentary that followed them for an entire year showing just how ordinary they are from Phillip cooking on a barbecue to the Queen doing the dishes, playing with the kids and that is what led to the media intruding into their lives and they destroyed their own magic on the mystery of monarchy long before Diana entered the family. Charles was brought up in the traditional way and how did that turn out? He allowed his sons to go to ordinary schools outside the palace not Gordonstound where he was educated, he became a single parent to William at 15 and Harry at 12 so largely it has been Charles who has had the influence.

Lothwen

I think it's interesting that Harry and Meghan have been pictured together  one time, and yet there is all this interest and speculation. 
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Curryong

How many times did we see William and Kate together, though, in the first year of their relationship? As far as I remember there was little about Chelsy Davy and no photos in the media for months and months when she and Harry first dated. In fact I remember people on forums, including this one, being surprised because they didn't know of her existence.

With Cressida B we were in the age of social media and a few photos appeared on Twitter but apart from the Batman premiere at the beginning all the photos in the tabs of the two of them out on dates, one of them a semi-official occasion, came towards the end of their two year romance.

amabel

Quote from: Yale on February 18, 2017, 05:09:38 PM
Harry is 32.  This relationship is serious.  Those against it might as well just deal because there is nothing you can do about it,  You can say Harry will not marry her to the cows come home but if that is what he wants it will happen.

His KP statement  said it all and his relationship put all of against it including those on this forum, in your places!! He doesn't care what you think.
he will only marry her if he really is in love, she is relaly in love and the RF think that she will be sutiable.  I doubt if she's really in love, or him.

Yale

Quote from: amabel on February 19, 2017, 10:20:01 AM
Quote from: Yale on February 18, 2017, 05:09:38 PM

he will only marry her if he really is in love, she is relaly in love and the RF think that she will be sutiable.  I doubt if she's really in love, or him.

Oh really? When did you meet Meghan? How long have you known her? When did she tell you that?

wannable

Quote from: Curryong on February 19, 2017, 03:43:06 AM
How many times did we see William and Kate together, though, in the first year of their relationship? As far as I remember there was little about Chelsy Davy and no photos in the media for months and months when she and Harry first dated. In fact I remember people on forums, including this one, being surprised because they didn't know of her existence.

With Cressida B we were in the age of social media and a few photos appeared on Twitter but apart from the Batman premiere at the beginning all the photos in the tabs of the two of them out on dates, one of them a semiofficial occasion, came towards the end of their two year romance.

Kate had her own house with Paparazzi stationed for the Daily Kate.  Allegedly Meghan is ensconced locked up in KP, for my taste way too much time, if she's still there. 

I agree with those who have doubts with this relationship, both Harry and Meghan have unstable relationship past. 

sandy

Some who have "unstable" relationships do settle down. No use condemning them to lifelong misery. It is up to the couple. Kate lived in her parents London house and not for very long. It was not her own house.

Yale

It's no point debating this as far as I am concerned.  I support the pairing and I hope it ends in marriage.  Those that don't like it or Meghan for whatever reason. It's your problem and it will not change a thing and it wouldn't if Harry knew any of you or of this forum.

Harry will do exactly what he wants to do!

Double post auto-merged: February 19, 2017, 06:17:45 PM

Prince Harry plans diary so he can work in CANADA as he's 'SMITTEN' with Meghan Markle | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Curryong

^^^ I wrote in my response about lack of photographic evidence of H and M's dating, 'in the first year of Kate and William's relationship.' Kate was not living in the flat in London then. Both she and William were at St Andrews University. The Press agreement about leaving William alone during his education was in place then and Kate was a housemate with several others in a house at the university.

It was quite a few months before the Press twigged on to what was happening and it wasn't until photos were taken of them holidaying together at a ski resort that there was any real evidence (photographic or otherwise) that they were a couple. That was about eight or nine months after they became housemates.

Everyone who isn't married or in a defacto relationship has an 'unstable' dating history, simply because in the course of dating they break up with other individuals. Chelsy Davy is still single at 31, is she a person with an 'unstable' past, just like Harry? Cressida B isn't married, engaged or living with Harry Wentworth Stanley. Is she 'unstable' at 28 simply because she is single?

Harry was with Chelsy for seven years and Cress for two. They are his longest relationships. At 32 this is hardly Playboy of the Western World territory. We can't all date for nine years before marrying.

Meghan is 35. Like others, including Letizia of Spain, she lived with her ex husband for years and then had a brief marriage. She was with the chef Corey for two years. At 35 that's a pretty mild dating history IMO, especially by show business standards. If she'd had multiple marriages, multiple breakups then there would be something to complain about, IMO.

You can have doubts about the relationship between Meghan and Harry. The two main witches on Twitter blogs have devoted weeks to casting doubt on the relationship after attempting to shred Meghan's reputation. As a result, those on Harry tumblrs and blogs have been in turmoil.

However, you don't know that Meghan and Harry aren't together. Like the rest of us you'll just have to wait and see. Meghan is in hiatus from her TV show in Canada until April, and from designing her collection, and so is spending time with her boyfriend in England. As they have reportedly been dating since May/June last year I'd regard that as a completely natural procedure and nothing to sneer at at all.

Eri

Quote from: Lady Deb on February 17, 2017, 04:38:32 PM
^I totally agree with you. I honestly couldn't imagine going through a day and wishing bad for someone whether I like them or not. IMO, life is too short for such unkind thoughts. I happen to like Meghan and Harry and I wish them well. If things don't work out for them, I still wish them well! And to all of you fellow posters whether we agree or not, have a lovely day!  :D
I don't "wish" anything let alone for this two strangers ... I can't help predict how it will end based on how it started though ... the only reason he is stuck with Megan is that the younger more attractive model wouldn't give him the time of Day ... I suspect that is why she hasn't been given her marching papers yet ... no one wants him ... not even Flee/Cressida types ... that is why he has to do do with this unsuitable woman and her nightmare family ... again ... this will end the minute someone younger and more attractive will return his calls ... that is a fact that and history will prove me right not me wishing anything ...

Curryong

^ You have no proof whatsoever that 'no-one wants Harry'. You know nothing whatsoever about his love life, nothing about any girlfriends he may have had in the last couple of years since Cressida B. (There were strong rumours around at the time that it was Harry's decision to end that particular romance.) In fact there were stories last year that he and Lady Natasha Howard who is in her twenties, was going out with Harry.

Harry is a member of the most famous Royal family in the world, he's worth millions and is famous, good-looking, fun and has a title. Yes, all that really puts women off him!  :hehe:

You, Eri, have been on this 'Harry is terrible, nobody wants him' kick for a good two years, ever since Cressida Bonas left the scene. I've read your posts and they've been consistent on that point. Absolutely ludicrous, as none of us have any idea of what any of the royal family do during the 99% of their private lives we never see, and that includes you, you have no basis for any of it. He could have had a hundred romances in that time and we'd never know.

Lastly, plenty of famous men fall in love with actresses, plenty of them fall for older women. Stop making out that Meghan Markle, who is attractive, earns her own money, has a career and is only 35, is some kind of ugly, decrepit, worn, lowest of the low type. There have been plenty of glamorous photos of her, she looks about ten years younger than her age and if she marries Harry it will be her choice and his, and not a forced one because he can't attract a 'decent' (according to you) girlfriend. It's absolutely ridiculous that you keep asserting this.