Meghan Markle echo Princess Diana after Royal Visit to Grenfell Tower Victims

Started by sara8150, February 13, 2018, 05:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duch_Luver_4ever

Well first, im not a Kate fan, I dont dislike her, im shall we say warmly neutral towards her. The monarchy needs both to survive and both were/are the right girls for their time. Its the hyperbole of saying she has no caring, or only does fluff, that I take issue with, and why im wading into her defense.

First, after Diana and Sarah, the RF partly realized both their mistakes in preparing and choice of royal consorts. They were determined the next wife to the heir to the crown would fit into the plan, and Kate has done that. Yes, shes not the touchy feely like Diana, and her smile looks forced, but shes as able to fit in with Williams desire to carry on his mums work in the new royal fashion, and at the same time fit in with the current clan and not make too many waves.

Now id be willing to bet there was some behind the scenes negotiations amonst her and the family on that, and I bet she made it clear that buying her "less willful" nature compared to past royal wives would mean she wasnt going to bust a lung doing engagements.

So far, at least publicly, shes kept a happy marriage, had 2-4 kids(dont know if twins or not) and theyre set to be raised much better than the past 2 royal generations, and can go out in public without upstaging William but at the same time be interesting enough. She does the state visits yet at the same time can do the new royal method of massive public awareness of tackling on important social problems. By all accounts, shes been an extremely effective royal wife, some could argue even more than her previous generations predecessors  :shrug:

Now weve had enough time after D&S that some "kick" can be put back into the RF, and Meghan will do that. Harry is far enough down the line to the throne that she'll have more freedom to do her thing, and shes more interactive and warm with the public and will be a good match to Harrys more outgoing personality.

Now some also feel that shes worked the angles like past women wanting to be royal wives, and maybe thats so as well, I'll let time play that out before giving her too hard a time on that.

Both royal wives have a mix of wanting the brass ring of royal life and being warm and engaging. The difference is the RF were in two different places when each was courting their man, and each man has different roles and expectations, and I feel both wives are well suited to that role.

If Diana and Sarah had taken a page out of Kates book, theyd still likely be married to their royal spouses.

"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Kritter

How could Diana still be married to Charles since she is deceased?

Yes if Diana had been a Stepford wife like Kate, did as she was told accept all bad behavior from her husband then she would have never divorced. Good that she was a strong independent woman & knew she deserved better & went for it.

Kate was a title chaser & Diana & Sarah weren't. Sarah is still with her husband & doesn't have to put up with the royal malarkey. I guess all that means Sarah & Diana were the lucky ones.

Sorry I didn't read the entire post since I have trouble getting past drivel.

royalanthropologist

Quote from: wannable on February 14, 2018, 01:18:05 AM
Orgies, top news.

Huh??? :hehe:

Double post auto-merged: February 14, 2018, 10:02:29 AM

The media just wants a new Princess Diana. They will never get one because things have changed and the personalities have changed. The public is no longer that innocent. If any of Diana's speeches were made today, they would be torn apart by internet trolls within a matter of seconds.

Meghan is Meghan so let her be. I also find it so offensive trying to suggest that just because someone does not do the hugging thing, they are somehow less involved in the charitable cause. That speaks to me of superficiality. Meghan should ignore the "New Diana" hype because those same media types will soon pull her down ala Sarah Duchess of York. All they are trying to do is suggest that she is hogging the limelight away from other members of BRF including Kate. That is dangerous territory and Meghan will always be the loser if she became a thorn in the side of the institution.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Kritter

royalanthropologist

I believe that to be a wrong assumption. Caring and compassion is not the problem here. It is hype and underhandedly making some "Johnny come lately" appear to be the only one doing the job. Like I said, senior members of the BRF visited that site long before Meghan was engaged. It is dangerous territory to try and create an impression that she is the "it girl" of monarchy. If she buys into that stuff, her end will not be pretty.  In fact, it is the media which will systematically pull her down when the time comes to create villains.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Kritter

The reason members of the BRF do not get the same recognition is because they lack caring & compassion.

royalanthropologist

I cannot say for certain that either Meghan or other members of BRF have "caring and compassion". Those are internal emotions which may or may not be displayed by actions. For example, some of the most appalling people I have ever met like giving lots of hugs and generally being friendly. It is only when you scratch the surface that you realize that they are not what they seem.

What I know for a fact that members of the BRF take their work very seriously. It is unfair to trivialize their efforts that have been taking place for decades simply because they are not "charismatic". I am hopeful that Meghan will not fall into that trap. The monarchy is over 1000 years old and knows what it is doing. No single person is more important than the institution and they should not be deceived into believing so. Media making mischief as per usual.

wannable

Google browser gave me 20 pages by searching "Caring Kate".   

I think it is too early to see/say if MM will fall for and believe in 'the press' glorifying her. I hope Harry and the Grey Men tell her not to believe in the press pedestal.

@royalanthropologist Oxfam is the charity that is supporting the mosque with the Grenfell Tower.  MM went to the none secret visit (a camera crew went with her to the alleged secret visit, for PR purpose of aftermath reporting) on a Saturday, Happy Sunday (roasting chicken for hubby ;) ), and Monday the UK news exploded with the Oxfam prostitution, investigations are ongoing because the oxfam case happened internationally, and some people that work for the charity in the UK are saying it is happening there too.

My point is, I agree with @TLLK this is one charity that KP (BRF in general) exercise investigation to see if any of their royal members will or not be a patron or president or ambassador or volunteer.  MM will have to scrap involvement with Oxfam.

Top stories
Oxfam sex scandal is bigger than Weinstein's Hollywood sex abuse claims
The Sun
2 days ago

Oxfam Deputy Chief Executive quits in wake of sexual misconduct scandal
Mirror.co.uk
1 day ago

Oxfam admits 'moral failure' over prostitutes scandal
Daily Mail
2 days ago

EU JOINS THREAT TO PULL MILLIONS FROM OXFAM 
The EU became the latest major donor to threaten to pull funding from Oxfam in the aftermath of a major scandal today.
Brussels spent almost ?30million on aid with Oxfam last year.
EU spokeswoman Maja Kocijancic said: 'We expect Oxfam to fully clarify the allegations with maximum transparency as a matter of urgency, and we're ready to review and, if needed, cease funding to any partner who is not living up to the required high ethical standards.'
The EU provided Oxfam with 1.7 million euros ($2.0 million) in funding for work in Haiti in 2011, she said.

royalanthropologist

You know it is so true about the likes of Oxfam. The staff live in the lap of luxury (sex parties included apparently) while the intended beneficiaries and the individual contributors wallow in more modest circumstances. Oxfam had it coming and I hope there is a full investigation.

wannable

Yes, and related to involvement of  any royal to a charity, it will take between 3 to 6 months of Auditing from who are the financial funders (mafia and drug loard money laundering love to get involved, they will donate 1 million and money launder 10 million) to transparency in how much goes to charity and staff (a healthy charity will give 80% to charity 20% to pay staff).

So MM will need to exercise patience in getting involved publicly with a unknown royal related (none patron) charity. Better this than getting burned.  I think she will start with safe routes, charities certified and previously visited by royals.  Grenfell Tower is one, regretfully, not even the oldest firm (BRF) was prepared to receive this dreadful news.  Everyone caught by surprise. Yikes.

Kritter

QuoteI cannot say for certain that either Meghan or other members of BRF have "caring and compassion". Those are internal emotions which may or may not be displayed by actions.

They aren't things that can be hidden when real. Of course some of the naive can be duped into believing those who are fake.

wannable

royalanthropologist

I had not even thought of that angle but I am sure the press will highlight the dysfunction of the Markle family at every opportunity. Some might say it is easy to be publicly compassionate to strangers with the cameras rolling when compared to being genuinely compassionate for less than perfect relatives.

Kritter

Quote from: wannable on February 14, 2018, 12:27:18 PM
As the saying goes, Charity starts at Home first...

What makes you think that Meghan isn't charitable at home. Oh I get it you think if one works hard & earns enough money they have to support everyone in the family.   :wacko:

Duch_Luver_4ever

The Oxfam thing is going to be a sticky wicket given how enmeshed it is in the charity scene both in the UK and other countries. I also think I heard something about Save the Children as well yesterday. These big charities give a lot of visibility and allow some leverage with the limited time the royals have for charity events.

Now theryre going to have to rethink what and how they support their charities. As for Meghan being the "new Diana" thats the press wanting to grab onto an easy shorthand to describe her, and as well I think, they long for the old days when they had a dependable subject to boost sales, and their hoping Meghan will do that for them.

Time will tell what shes like when the cameras are off, from what ive seen so far, things look good. I do think theres something to the whole "princess pushy" thing though and we'll see how that plays out. Im hoping that H&M are the love match it seems, im guessing cause weve been down that road before with royals we can be forgiven with a wait and see attitude. But fingers are crossed.

Quote from: Kritter on February 14, 2018, 02:49:13 PM
What makes you think that Meghan isn't charitable at home. Oh I get it you think if one works hard & earns enough money they have to support everyone in the family.   :wacko:

I dont want to speak for wannable, but the impression I got from her comment was for everyone (not just Meghan) to focus more on local charities where you can keep an eye on them better than these big multinational ones.  :shrug:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Kritter

QuoteI dont want to speak for wannable, but the impression I got from her comment was for everyone (not just Meghan) to focus more on local charities where you can keep an eye on them better than these big multinational ones.

[edited]

QuoteAs the saying goes, Charity starts at Home first...

QuoteI am sure the press will highlight the dysfunction of the Markle family at every opportunity. Some might say it is easy to be publicly compassionate to strangers with the cameras rolling when compared to being genuinely compassionate for less than perfect relatives.

]

wannable

I very much doubt to date in MM charitable intentions, because of past and present revelations of her circumstances with Family and Friends. @royalanthropologist, that angle has me and many others with the same question.

I have not concluded as some hardcore that she is phony.

1 Timothy 5:8, King James Bible, 1611:
But if any prouide not for his owne, & specially for those of his owne house, hee hath denied the faith, and is worse then an infidel.
John Wyclif had expressed the same idea as early as 1382, in Of Prelates, reprinted in English Works, 1880:
Charite schuld bigyne at hem-self.
John Fletcher came very close to using the phrase in the comedy Wit without Money, circa 1625:
Charity and beating begins at home.
Sir Thomas Browne was the first to put the expression into print in the form we now use, in Religio Medici, 1642:
Charity begins at home, is the voice of the world: yet is every man his greatest enemy.

@Duch_Luver_4ever, KP will be investigating all small, medium or big charities before she dips publicly her image into it.  They need to certify the transparency of every charity that is interested in having Meghan or Meghan is interested and asks to participate. They can not and will not take a risk with a shady charity.  * That is why the fundraisers organized by the BRF is per invitation rather than selling invitations to a glam fundraiser, where anybody, shady people can buy.

Kritter

Comprehension is a wonderful thing & twisting someone's words are not.

TLLK

QuoteWhat I know for a fact that members of the BRF take their work very seriously. It is unfair to trivialize their efforts that have been taking place for decades simply because they are not "charismatic". I am hopeful that Meghan will not fall into that trap. The monarchy is over 1000 years old and knows what it is doing. No single person is more important than the institution and they should not be deceived into believing so. Media making mischief as per usual
:goodpost:

I so agree @royalanthropologist and the work that  so many in the BRF do every year,  including the QEII's cousins, is often times overlooked by the media because they're no longer part of the younger generation. IMO it's also important to take into  consideration the audience that the royal is greeting when they're out at one of their engagements. Some are not going to want to receive an overt and physically close greeting (hug, kiss) from someone that they're not familiar with and might prefer to just shake hands. IMO the members of the BRF do their best to "read" the cues and will respond appropriately. If a royal determines that shaking hands is the best greeting then should not be considered an indication of the depths of a person's commitment and caring if they choose not to hug a member of the public.

QuoteKP will be investigating all small, medium or big charities before she dips publicly her image into it.  They need to certify the transparency of every charity that is interested in having Meghan or Meghan is interested and asks to participate. They can not and will not take a risk with a shady charity.  * That is why the fundraisers organized by the BRF is per invitation rather than selling invitations to a glam fundraiser, where anybody, shady people can buy.
:goodpost:@wannable. IMO Meghan will be advised by those familiar with the patronage vetting process as she reviews the requests for a royal patron.

royalanthropologist

"Princess Pushy" can be a hard label to break once it sticks. It is better to be guided by those that know what they are doing and have been doing it for years. Certainly ignore the press musings about how much you are the best of the lot or even the reincarnation of your dead prospective mother-in-law.

Curryong

Who calls Meghan Princess Pushy apart from that revolting half-sister of hers in her prospective book title? The only person in the BRF who has ever been given that title was Princess Michael, and even that has faded into history.

There is no evidence at all that Meghan is pushing for various patronages or for a greater role in the Royal family, though I'll bet there will be plenty of charities that will be very eager for her to represent them!

SophieChloe

Meghan is Meghan; she is kind, caring and interested in the people she meets.  Can't fake take. Unlike the Barbie Doll. 

Double post auto-merged: February 15, 2018, 09:13:26 PM

How weird that Meghan doesn't need *Princess Lessons* nor *Time to adjust*.  Who'd have thought it? 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

royalanthropologist

What I see is the press trying to divide and conquer, suggesting that someone that has just come on the scene is somehow the be all and end all of compassionate monarchy. That is a glorious pedestal but she will be brought down...by none other than the press that put her high.

Better to follow the experienced experts than trying to cause a sensation. I am sensing a Kate vs. Meghan vibe that is being pushed by the press...dangerous stuff considering the fact that one day Kate will be the queen with the expectation that Meghan will always give her deference. You buy into the media hype and your stay in BRF will be a very unhappy one...I have seen that story before and it does not end well.

TLLK

Quote.I have seen that story before and it does not end well.
However the tabloid press will push it because it is a profitable one.  :shrug: