Princess Leonore will be christened on June 8, 2014

Started by Lady Adams, April 16, 2014, 01:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Adams

The court announced Princess Leonore's christening date, on her parents' first anniversary. Can't wait for a baby sash!  :vday4:

H.R.H. Princess Leonore will be christened in the Royal Chapel at Drottningholm Palace on June 8, 2014 - Sveriges Kungahus

The christening will take place in the Royal Chapel at Drottningholm Palace on Sunday June 8, 2014, one year on the day after the wedding between H.R.H. Princess Madeleine and Mr Christopher O'Neill.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Limabeany

Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill to baptise their daughter Leonore in June - hellomagazine.com

Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill will christen their daughter Princess Leonore on 8 June, exactly one year after the couple tied the knot.

The ceremony will take place at the Royal Chapel at Drottningholm Palace, Sweden, where Madeleine and Chris held their wedding reception in 2013.

I find this so moving. It is their first anniversary as a couple and as a family and they are making it a double celebration with their daughter!  :happycry: :clap: Bravo!
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

TLLK

I really like that they've chosen their anniversary for her christening date.

HereditaryPrincess

I'm looking forward to it! I can't wait to see little Leonore again, it's been a long time since we saw a close up of her sweet face. I find it so lovely that Leonore is being christened on her parent's wedding anniversary. :vday2:

I wonder when we'll find out who the godparents are? I'm guessing at the christening itself, although we could find out beforehand.

sara8150

Quote from: HereditaryPrincess on April 16, 2014, 09:32:03 PM
I'm looking forward to it! I can't wait to see little Leonore again, it's been a long time since we saw a close up of her sweet face. I find it so lovely that Leonore is being christened on her parent's wedding anniversary. :vday2:

I wonder when we'll find out who the godparents are? I'm guessing at the christening itself, although we could find out beforehand.

Wait till christening on June I don't know who her godparents is unveiled will be?!? No games names please

[mod] Since this is a topic devoted to the Christening, there's bound to be guesses over who will be named Leonore's Godparents. :flower: Let's allow the conversation to flow. :hug: [/mod]

marine2109

QuoteH.R.H. Princess Leonore will be christened in the Royal Chapel at Drottningholm Palace on June 8, 2014
The christening will take place in the Royal Chapel at Drottningholm Palace on Sunday June 8, 2014, one year on the day after the wedding between H.R.H. Princess Madeleine and Mr Christopher O'Neill.

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH?ON: Christening date for Princess Leonore

Double post auto-merged: April 17, 2014, 08:05:24 AM

QuoteMadeleine of Sweden and Chris O'Neill baptize their daughter on their first wedding anniversary

Magdalena de Suecia y Chris O'Neill bautizarán a su hija en su primer aniversario d | Realeza | Noticias hola.com

https://translate.google.com.tr/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=tr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hola.com%2Fnoticias-de-actualidad%2F16-04-2014%2F107693%2Fcasasreales%2F&edit-text=&act=url

Double post auto-merged: April 17, 2014, 08:17:28 AM

Så er datoen for prinsesse Leonores dåb bestemt | Billed Bladet

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: sara8150 on April 17, 2014, 01:55:54 AMWait till christening on June I don't know who her godparents is unveiled will be?!? No games names please

Gosh, it was just a general comment and I didn't think it would offend you that much. I think that everyone has the right to guess Leonore's potential godparents, I don't understand what your problem is... :shrug:

Also, I wasn't even guessing any potential godparents, I was simply wondering when they'll be announced. It seems that you're against the word 'godparent' being mentioned at all.

SophieChloe

Ok, I'm with you HP,  it's only a bit of fun....I reckon :  Ava Maria.
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: SophieChloe on April 17, 2014, 10:08:20 PM

Exactly! It's not as if we're saying that these are defiantly Leonore's godparents and publishing newspaper/magazine articles saying so.

Lady Adams

I still haven't gotten my phone call yet...  :wellduh:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

SophieChloe

Quote from: HereditaryPrincess on April 17, 2014, 10:10:40 PM
Quote from: SophieChloe on April 17, 2014, 10:08:20 PM

Exactly! It's not as if we're saying that these are defiantly Leonore's godparents and publishing newspaper/magazine articles saying so.
Whoops! Sorry, I thought we were guessing names for the child :doh:  I need to visit SpecSavers  :eyes:  :hug:

Aww. LA - keep close to the phone, you never know  :hug: :hug:

Limabeany

Looking forward to it so much!!!!!!!!!  :banana: :banana:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

SophieChloe

You're getting me excited, too Ladies  :stars: 

Lady Adams

Guys, I'm not sure I'll have access to the internet on the day of the Christening. WHAT WILL I DO?!?!?!  :happy17:

Limabeany

Obviously God has a sense of humor...  :blush: YouTube it, of course!  :computer:

HereditaryPrincess

This is off-topic but... Lady Adams, I love your new avatar. HM's facial expression is priceless! :happy15:

cinrit

QuotePrincess Leonore of Sweden: Details Released About Princess Madeleine's Daughter's Christening

The Swedish royal family have released details about Princess Leonore of Sweden's forthcoming christening.

Princess Madeleine and her husband Chris O'Neill have chosen to baptise their baby daughter Leonore Lilian Maria at Drottningholm Palace Church at 12.00 noon on 8 June 2014 — a year to the day after they tied the knot and two days before Madeleine's 32nd birthday.

Leonore will be baptised in the same gown as King Carl XVI Gustaf, Princess Victoria and her cousin Princess Estelle, whom she met for the first time when Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel visited New York in mid-April.

The baptismal water will be drawn from a source on the island of Öland and the ceremony will be conducted by the same Archbishop who baptised Estelle, Anders Wejryd, assisted by chaplain to the King Lars-Göran Lönnermark and pastor Michael Bjerkhagen.

More: Princess Leonore of Sweden: details released about Princess Madeleine daughter's christening - hellomagazine.com

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

marine2109

Quote25-05-2014 Sweden Royal Christening of Princess Leonore in June at Drottningholm Palace: Impression of the chapel

PPE Agency

HereditaryPrincess

^^^ Thanks for sharing. I really love the photo of Chris and Leonore. She's a lovely baby. :vday2:

This French blog says that Leonore's sponsors are Princess Benedikte of Denmark, Princess Christina of Sweden, Walter Sommerlath and Prince Andreas of Saxe-Coburg:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.noblesseetroyautes.com%2F2014%2F06%2Fpreparatifs-du-bapteme-de-la-princesse-leonore-de-suede%2F&edit-text=&act=url

Apparently, her godparents haven't been named yet. I'll ask a silly question that I don't know the answer to: what's the difference between godparents and sponsors? I thought they were the same.

sara8150

Christening of Princess Leonore
Christening of Princess Leonore | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH?ON

Double post auto-merged: June 08, 2014, 04:50:30 PM

Christening of Princess Leonore -Reception
Christening of Princess Leonore -Reception | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH?ON