The Charities of the Duchess of Cambridge

Started by PrincessOfPeace, May 15, 2014, 10:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canuck

They've been living in KP full-time for the past year.  From what they've said, the plan is for them to continue to live there for at least a significant part of the year, with the rest of the time at Anmer.  1A will not be "virtually abandoned" anymore than BP is "virtually abandoned" by the Queen/DoE spending chunks of the year at Sandringham and Balmoral.

Limabeany

They have been staying in KP full time until William is working, big difference, as a said, if s was not to be their full time residence as royals, the huge expense could have been made in the future when he was and they could have stayed somewhere else, they do not need a huge expensive place, two rather, if, they are not even full time royals,  but bouncing from one pilot gig to another, this could have waited until they are full time, huge expense for someone who, according to his fans is only the heir to the heir and not subject to the same standards, duties and responsibilities as the heir.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

TLLK

Quote from: Canuck on September 30, 2014, 05:48:51 PM
They've been living in KP full-time for the past year.  From what they've said, the plan is for them to continue to live there for at least a significant part of the year, with the rest of the time at Anmer.  1A will not be "virtually abandoned" anymore than BP is "virtually abandoned" by the Queen/DoE spending chunks of the year at Sandringham and Balmoral.
This is true that they will be part time at both place for the near future. In the long run I do see KP being their full time residence so if the Queen and her builders believed that the funds were available, project manageable and timeline reasonable then choosing Apt 1A as the major project during those years was a wise choice.

TLLK

[mod]Probably best that we get back to Kate's charities and steer away from BRF residences. There is a separate thread for each of the Cambridge homes for posters to discuss them.[/mod]

Canuck

Well, they need *somewhere* to live for the next few years, so whether it's KP or Anmer at least one of those residences was necessary.  The "somewhere" they were staying beforehand was a small cottage that wasn't realistically going to be their family home once George (and now one or more other children) arrived. 

At this point, we have no idea how much time they will actually spend in each residence.  I've seen stories saying they plan to live in KP the majority of the time with Anmer serving as a country home for periods of the year.  I've seen other stories saying they'll live at Anmer most of the time with KP serving as a London base for periods of the year.  We'll have to wait and see, but I suspect they will use both houses quite a bit in the next few years.

Limabeany

Quote from: TLLK on September 30, 2014, 05:57:04 PM
Quote from: Canuck on September 30, 2014, 05:48:51 PM
This is true that they will be part time at both place for the near future. In the long run I do see KP being their full time residence so if the Queen and her builders believed that the funds were available, project manageable and timeline reasonable then choosing Apt 1A as the major project during those years was a wise choice.
The timing was anything but wise, more like disconnected.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Limabeany

Q3-2014: Diva Tally Numbers Review | Kate Middleton: Duchess or Diva?

Quarter 3 – July-September, 2014 (92 Days):

Charitable Appearances (1):
07/01/14 – MPACT School Visit

Royal Duty Appearances (5):
07/05/14 – Tour de France Launch
07/28/14 – Day 1 – Commonwealth Games
07/29/14 – Day 2 – Commonwealth Games
08/04/14 – Solemn World War I Services
08/05/14 – Tower of London Amid Sea of Red Poppies

Royal Celebrity Appearances (1):
07/09/14 – Men's Tennis Finals Wimbledon

Let's put this appearance into perspective: The Diva spent more time watching the men's final at Wimbledon than all her charity appearances this year!  No one can spin or debate this.

You know what the saddest part of this quarter is (among many things)? That her weekend Malta tour would have been her ONLY September royal engagement and it would have been a month and a half after her last appearance on 08/05/14.

TLLK

I vote Duchess. Like her spouse and brother-in-law she's not considered to be a full time royal. The BRF goes on hiatus in August and her last appearance was on August 5, 2014 for the poppy installation. Her second pregnancy was announced in early Sept. and her Oct./Nov. engagements are being planned.  :)

Canuck

Malta was not the only September appearance she would have been at if not for the pregnancy.  The week before she was also scheduled to be at Oxford with Will and at two Invictus events.

sandy

TLLK

Quote from: Canuck on September 30, 2014, 06:12:18 PM
Malta was not the only September appearance she would have been at if not for the pregnancy.  The week before she was also scheduled to be at Oxford with Will and at two Invictus events.
That is true and it appears that the author of the essay omitted  those scheduled engagements. Oh well to me this is another reminder that the accuracy of some of these online op-eds can be "sketchy." Though I have to say that I found "I saw Kate out and about" piece was more entertaining. :teehee:

SophieChloe

Diva.  And a greedy one at that. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

SophieChloe

@TLLK Still pathetic even for a healthy 32 year old.  What's the problem with her?  I'm  beginning to think it could be more than laziness and entitlement.  (And No, I don't believe the Queen is stopping her, nor that there is no money). 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Limabeany

Quote from: TLLK on September 30, 2014, 06:32:59 PM
Quote from: Canuck on September 30, 2014, 06:12:18 PM
That is true and it appears that the author of the essay omitted  those scheduled engagements. Oh well to me this is another reminder that the accuracy of some of these online op-eds can be "sketchy." Though I have to say that I found "I saw Kate out and about" piece was more entertaining. :teehee:
One engagement and attending the Invictus Games would have made a difference? She isn't 12.

cinrit

I suppose it might have made a difference to someone, since they were omitted from the list. 

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

Charitable Kate probably toiled day and night at the beauty salon from her ipad.

Canuck

Oh, are there reports or pictures of her at a salon?  I thought she hadn't been out in public since she became ill.

TLLK

Quote from: cinrit on October 01, 2014, 10:33:07 AM
I suppose it might have made a difference to someone, since they were omitted from the list. 

Cindy
I agree. Had she added the events it might not have set the right tone. The author is welcome to her thoughts on Kate, but her accuracy is well... :lol:

HereditaryPrincess

QuoteShe's long been a fan of sailing, famously beating husband Prince William during a race around Auckland Harbour during the Royal Tour Down Under.
Now Kensington Palace has announced that the Duchess of Cambridge has become royal patron of a new sailing charity, The 1851 Trust, which aims to help bring the America's Cup home.
In a statement released by the palace, the Duchess spoke of her love of sailing and said she hoped the trust would inspire a new generation to take up the sport.

Kate Middleton gets behind Britain's bid for America's Cup glory | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

cinrit

QuoteDuchess of Cambridge Becomes Royal Patron of a Charity Set Up to Get More Young People Into Sailing and the Marine Industry

Kate, a keen yachtswoman in her younger days, will act as a figurehead for the 1851 Trust, the charitable arm of Olympic hero Sir Ben Ainslie's bid to bring the America's Cup back to Britain for the first time since the world's oldest sporting trophy was won by a US yacht 163 years ago.

The Duchess, who had to pull out of a visit to Sir Ben's new racing headquarters in Portsmouth today because she is still suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum, very severe morning sickness, announced her new patronage in a statement from Kensington Palace.

It reflects her interest in sailing and in using sport to support children and young people to build their skills, confidence and aspirations. The trust will work with young people under 25 years old and from diverse backgrounds, to inspire and engage a new generation through sailing and the marine industry.

"I am delighted to be royal patron of The 1851 Trust. I feel very fortunate to have enjoyed sailing from a young age and I know it is a great way of providing young people with the opportunity to develop skills and confidence," Kate, 32, said.

More: Pregnant Kate Middleton teams up with Sir Ben Ainslie for sailing venture | Royal | News | Daily Express

Cindy

DaisyMeRollin

Sailing? This is just getting painful to watch.  :no:

"No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don't ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Eri

This woman is a joke and totally detached from REALITY !!! SAILING? SAILING? You gotta be kidding me!!!  :happycry:

wannable

UK islands, promoting sailing and marine industry is an alternative to sport and work. Surely coastal people appreciate the trust and her being the patron. She did a summer work during high school at a yatch. Princess Anne a keen sailor will be proud. And the Military navy too.

cinrit

QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge Becomes Patron of the 1851 Trust

The 1851 Trust is the charitable arm of the UK team's bid to bring the America's Cup back to Britain. It will work with young people under 25 years old, to inspire and engage a new generation through sailing and the marine industry.

The patronage reflects Her Royal Highness's personal interests in sailing and in supporting children and young people to build their skills, confidence and aspirations. 

The Duchess of Cambridge said: "I am delighted to be Royal Patron of The 1851 Trust.  I feel very fortunate to have enjoyed sailing from a young age and I know it is a great way of providing young people with the opportunity to develop skills and confidence. 

"It is a hugely exciting time for sailing as the British challenger bids to bring the America's Cup back to Britain. I am looking forward to being part of this journey and I hope that through the 1851 Trust we can engage and inspire a new generation into sailing along the way."

More: Press release

Cindy