Main Menu

IT virus problem

Started by amabel, June 24, 2015, 04:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amabel

When I go inot the RIF site today I keep getting warnsing that this site has a virus that is endangering my privacy.  can anyone advise please or should I just avoid RIF

Orchid

Have you recently adjusted your antivirus software settings, amabel? Sometimes, if your firewall/security settings are too high they can become sensitive to content, particularly external links sitting across the site (although that only usually happens if you click on a questionable link).   

When are you getting the alert? - are you sitting on a particular page on the site?
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

Jenee

It might be coming from one of the banner advertisements on the site too. I haven't gotten any warnings myself, but any additional information you can provide about your situation is appreciated.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

amabel

Quote from: Jenee on June 30, 2015, 05:09:54 PM
It might be coming from one of the banner advertisements on the site too. I haven't gotten any warnings myself, but any additional information you can provide about your situation is appreciated.
I've sorted It out now.  But I thin htat it did come from one of the ads on this site.

Jenee

That was my gut feeling. Sometimes I get error messages due to ads but they are few and far between.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

amabel

well this is the second time... I have changed my anti virus protection...