Royal Tour 2014: Engagements and appearance in Australia

Started by Jenee, April 07, 2014, 10:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limabeany

Quote from: cinrit on April 22, 2014, 06:38:46 PM
^^ I think the difference between the two photographs is that Charles and Diana are standing apart from each other with airspace between them, while William and Kate are standing very closely next to each other.  It could be because William and Kate have been together longer and feel more comfortable with each other, or it could be a sign of the times.  It's not that big a deal, but it's noticeable.

Cindy
I think it's a sign of the times and age, Diana was 22 and Charles was the experienced one, if he had wanted to stand closer, they would have.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Lady Adams

Sorrry for the delay, friends. Easter & my birthday took priority  :blowkiss:

Quote from: Lady Adams on April 10, 2014, 02:06:20 AM
I thought it might be interesting to keep track of how many hours they spend on engagements. I've taken start and end times from Twitter. Here's how it breaks down, according to tweets by whoever is "on duty" in the press pool.

April 7: They arrived and had the welcoming ceremony, Landed 12.00 NZ time (first tweet by @RoyalReporter at the airport) last tweet @ByEmilyAndrews at the conclusion of the ceremony at 14.30 NZ= 2.5 hours
April 8: Rest
April 9: Play Date: 14.30 NZ- 17.00 NZ tweets from @ByEmilyAndrews= 2.5 hours
April 10:
Aviation & Wreath Laying Event, 11.30 NZ- 14.00 via Tweets by @QueenVicMirror and @BritishRoyals= 2.5 hours
Prince William, two 20-min meetings (reported by Daily Mail): 1 hour
Reception: 18.55 NZ time from @BritishRoyals - 19:47 NZ time from @RE_DailyMail: 1 hour
Total: 4.5 hours
April 11: 2 Events ( Boat rides, and meeting Air Force Personnel)
11:28 NZ arrival by tweeted by @GovGeneralNZ; 15:59 NZ Time departure, again tweeted by@GovGeneralNZ.
April 12: 2 Events (William to Air craft facility; Kate to Hospice, then both to meet the Olympic Athletes)
11:08 NZ arrival tweeted by @APProyalvisit; 16:15 NZ departure tweeted by @GovGeneralNZ.
Total: 5 hours
April 13: 4 events (Maori Tribe Welcome, Visiting Cathedral, Watching a Rugby game, and Wine Tasting)
09:46 NZ Arrived in Dunedin via @QueenMirVic; 16:37 end of wine tasting b @RE_DailyMail
Total: 7 hours

Week One Total: 19 hours

April 14: 2 Events (Memorial service, watching a Cricket game, and visiting a Museum)
10:50 NZ Arrived at Christchurch, via @RoyalReporter; 15:14 via @APPRoyalVisit
April 15: Rest
April 16: 3 Events (Visiting police college, signing city book)
11:03 NZ Arrival via @BritishRoyals; 13:59 departure from New Zealand via @APPRoyalVisit
Total: 3.0 hours (NZ)
New Zealand's final total is 26.5.
(Off to Australia, then reception at Sydney Opera House)
15:34 AUS Arrival on plane to Sydney via @RE_DailyMail; 17:39 AUS Arrival to Admiralty House, where they will stay, via @phildampier;
Total: 2.0 hours (AUS)
Total: 5.0 hours
April 17: 1 Event (Visit fire ravaged street)
11:01 AUS arrvial via @BritishRoyals; 15:45 AUS departure via @julesskynews = 4.75
+Will's 20 minute meeting with Tony Abbott
Total 5.0 hours
April 18: 3 Events (Royal Easter Show, Hospice, and watching life-savers demonstration)
10:54 Royal Show arrival via @BritishRoyals; 16:39 AUS beach departure via @QueenVicMirror
Total: 5.75
April 19: 2 Events (Checking out the RAF site and reception)
10:58 AUS Queensland arrival via @RoyalReporter; 16:08 AUS walkabout end via @RoyalReporter
Total: 5 hours
April 20: 2 Events (Service at cathedral and visiting the zoo)
10:26 AUS arrival at church service via @RoyalReporter; 11:41 AUS departure via @RoyalReporter= 1.25 hours
14:29 AUS zoo arrival via @ByEmilyAndrews; 15:56 AUS end of visit via @RE_DailyMail= 1.5 hours
18:05 AUS Canberra arrival via @RoyalReporter; 18:18 AUS arrival at government house via @BritishRoyals=0.25 hours
Total: 3.0 hours
April 21: Rest
Week Two Total: 28.5 hour

April 22: 1 Event (Visiting National Ingenious Training Academy)
13:42 AUS Uluru arrival via @NewsSydney; 19:29 AUS final pose via @RE_Daily_Mail
Total: 6.25 hours

April 23: 2 Events (Music workshop and watching skateboarders)
April 24: 3 events (National Portrait Gallery, reception, and tree planting)
April 25: 3 Events  (ANZAC Day March, wreath laying, tree planting.)
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

TLLK

^^^Or the photographers asked them to move in closer. :paparazzi:

AyVey

Charles and Diana looked smitten with each other on this tour in comparison to William and Kate. It may very well be because the latter have been together for a long time but W&K have the most strange and cold body language for a couple oh so in love with each other.  They look like brother and sister to me with both of their hands kept to themselves. They usually have very cold body language except when they are doing something fun or related to sports.

If you don't want to be criticized at all then say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.....

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Lady Adams

This is pretty funny-- oh to have cameras on us for hours!
QuoteA Guide to Kate Middleton's Many Royal Tour Facial Expressions
The royal tour has been an emotional roller coaster for Kate Middleton — with plenty of facial expressions to prove it. Prince William, Prince George, and Kate Middleton have made their way around New Zealand and Australia for all kinds of events, including solemn memorials, breezy beach days, and hilarious trips at the zoo. There have been some great moments and some awkward moments, so let's relive all the ups and downs through the many royal tour facial expressions of the Duchess of Cambridge.

[admin]link fixed[/admin]
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

AyVey

This tour is such a joke and simply put a glorified vacation for the golden duo paid by tax payers of host countries. Their work schedule is so light compared to other royal tours done by senior members, seriously how many breaks and day off these two need after doing max 4 hours of hand shaking and waving? If anything it makes them look even more of a scrounger and Kate didn't work for so many moths before so she can prepare for visiting zoo, wine tasting, riding a boat and all the other touristy stuff? Seriously what did she need to prepare for so many months in advance that she barely did any engagements before this trip? I just can't with this couple, all image no substance.

Double post auto-merged: April 23, 2014, 12:52:41 AM

Quote from: Limabeany on April 23, 2014, 12:47:16 AM
:goodpost: I agree. And,  :welcome:  :flower:

Thank you!

If you don't want to be criticized at all then say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.....

robynrose

Thanks for the time chart forget K fashion does Will have a new watch on

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteA crowd of around 50,000 people is expected to turn out to greet the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in Adelaide today.

It is a whirlwind visit, with the couple expected to spend just under three hours in the suburb of Elizabeth, named after the Queen.

Prince William and Catherine, who spent the night in the Northern Territory, will arrive at the RAAF Edinburgh base about 11:00am (ACST).

From there, they will head to Northern Sound System, an alternative learning centre which uses music to engage with young people.

The Royal couple, who are expected to be greeted by about 100 students, will watch hip-hop dancing, a performance of original rap songs and a skateboarding display.
More: Royal visit: Adelaide prepares to welcome Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Lady Adams

^^ 50,000? This photo says otherwise:
Twitter / samvadas9: It's party time in #Elizabeth ...

And Richard Palmer on Twitter says this:
Local media say up to 50,000 people will greet the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in Elizabeth, though officials privately expect fewer.

PrincessOfPeace

They're almost here Adelaide

Security is in place at the RAAF base as the Duke and Duchess are just minutes away.

Police & the #RoyalVisitAus convoy in background at RAAF base at Edinburgh #Adelaide #Elizabeth pic.twitter.com/61DHYNdEiJ
    — Andrew Hough (@andrew_hough) April 23, 2014

Here's the latest information on their plane. Keep your eye on the sky Adelaide, Wills and Kate are so close.

Almost time @7NewsAdelaide for your Royal visit - jet close #RoyalVisitAus #RoyalTourAus pic.twitter.com/0vEdTuAJwV
    — Peter Doherty (@PeterDoherty7) April 23, 2014

Live Blog: Royal visit Down Under: Live Blog: Royal visit Down Under - National - NZ Herald News

Live updates: Royal tour 2014 live: Prince William and Kate Middleton visit Adelaide - Mirror Online

AyVey

Quote from: Lady Adams on April 23, 2014, 12:57:47 AM
^^ 50,000? This photo says otherwise:
Twitter / samvadas9: It's party time in #Elizabeth ...

And Richard Palmer on Twitter says this:
Local media say up to 50,000 people will greet the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in Elizabeth, though officials privately expect fewer.
Well that's media and royal family PR for you. They are always trying to convince people W&K are the best thing that ever happened since sliced bread but facts never support their claims. This is nothing compared to C&D's tour, there were 200000 people greeting them then merely 3000 came to see this duo.

Lothwen

How do they know how many people show up?

I'm serious.  Do they count every single one, or do they look at the crowd and say "Yeah, 50,000 sounds about right"?

I find it funny that they were so awkward posing for pictures for a full 90 seconds.  I mean, you're married.  You have a baby together.  You dated (off-and-on) for 7 years.  You're the future King and Queen Consort of your country.  How are you not used to having your picture taken?
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

PrincessOfPeace

Lady Adams

^^Watching the live updates from 7 Live Adelaide, the news casters in the studio asked their reporter at the airport if there were a lot of people waiting to see the Duke and Duchess.

"Well," the reporter gave a long pause, "There's a lot of police and media, but general public? No."

Lady Adams

Quote from: Lothwen on April 23, 2014, 01:25:49 AM
I find it funny that they were so awkward posing for pictures for a full 90 seconds.  I mean, you're married.  You have a baby together.  You dated (off-and-on) for 7 years.  You're the future King and Queen Consort of your country.  How are you not used to having your picture taken?
I've had to pose for more than 90 seconds with my husband so my mom can get a "good" photo  :P

Also, I was really disappointed with the shadows in the photo...it took away a lot of the beauty.

AyVey

Quote from: Lady Adams on April 23, 2014, 01:30:05 AM
^^Watching the live updates from 7 Live Adelaide, the news casters in the studio asked their reporter at the airport if there were a lot of people waiting to see the Duke and Duchess.

"Well," the reporter gave a long pause, "There's a lot of police and media, but general public? No."
I think Kate generally comes off very awkward unless it's a sporting event. IMO she has really bad social skills, that's what happens when you spend your entire 20's club hoping, shopping and taking vacations. She have nothing to relate with people, not sure of herself and probally scared not to make any mistake or embarrass William, who seems like a husband who would scold her if she did something wrong.

Lothwen

I do have to say, I was watching the live feed yesterday when they got off the plane at the place they were at yesterday and I can't remember the name of it :blush:

Anyways, the flight attendant was standing at the bottom of the stairs, and William completely ignored her, and Kate turned and smiled at her and said something. 

I just thought it was nice :shrug:
Harryite 12-005

Lady Adams

From Twitter:
QuoteVictoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror :
Hardly any UK papers have William and Kate on the front today despite iconic picture, after 16 days of tour have they become over exposed

PrincessOfPeace

Pretty in pale pink, Kate jets into Adelaide with William after a night glamping under the stars at Uluru

QuoteThe Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived in Adelaide this morning for a flying visit to the South Australian capital.

Kate, wearing Alexander McQueen, and William touched down at the RAAF base in Edinburgh, to Adelaide's north, after visiting Uluru yesterday.

The Duke and Duchess will spend only two hours in Adelaide, visiting Elizabeth,  a working-class suburb in the city's north that was named after Queen Elizabeth II, who visited the area in 1963.

Elizabeth has the third highest youth unemployment rate in the country and Kate and William will spend the entirety of their visit engaging with young people in the area.

First stop for royal couple is a visit to the Northern Sound System, a community-run youth music centre that provides recording equipment and rehearsal spaces to engage young people in the community with music, where a crowd of 5,000 were waiting to catch a glimpse of them.
More: Pretty in pale pink, Kate jets into Adelaide with William after a night glamping under the stars at Uluru | Mail Online

Lady Adams

My favorite caption in the Daily Mail article, under a photo of a woman standing in a crowd holding a rabbit:
"K**** was waiting to see the royals. She caught a rabbit on Wednesday morning and named him George, after the young prince"

:happy17:

Lothwen

^So she's either keeping the rabbit as a pet, or she's going to eat him.....

And so far no comments on the Daily Mail story.  They must be seriously moderating them
Harryite 12-005

sara8150

AyVey

Quote from: Lady Adams on April 23, 2014, 02:30:06 AM
From Twitter:
QuoteVictoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror :
Hardly any UK papers have William and Kate on the front today despite iconic picture, after 16 days of tour have they become over exposed

First of all the pictures are hardly iconic, it looks like 2 brother and sister standing next to each other.

Secondly I highly doubt they are not that exciting as royal reporters like us to believe. It's only the host country and UK making a big deal, I have seen no coverage of this tour in USA except maybe a passing photo or a minute at the end of new forecast right before they tell you the temperature around the world. The more they'll work, the more media and people will realize how boring and bland they are.

PrincessOfPeace

QuotePrince George can add a personalised skateboard to the haul of gifts he has recieved during his tour to Australia and New Zealand, after his parents were given the present at skate park in Elizabeth, South Australia.

The green skateboard, with "George" painted on it, was also adorned with the image of two kangaroos and two Australian flags.

Some of the crowd of at least 5,000 called out to the Duke of Cambridge to "have a go on it" but he politely declined and handed the skateboard to a minder.

Even so, the young people who watched him do a spot of spray painting followed by watching a display of skilful BMX bike and scooter riding at the activity centre, all agreed that the Duke and the Duchess were a "couple of cool dudes."
More: Royal tour: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge given personalised skateboard for Prince George - Telegraph