Loathsome petition launched to bar Meghan from having a role in The Royal Family

Started by Kritter, February 08, 2018, 05:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

This is 2018. Every race has progressed since those were made. As I said I live in the South & that is not a thing anymore. Black people want to be treated better now instead of wishing to be white.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Quote from: Kritter on February 10, 2018, 01:10:16 AM
I am from the South & no they do not call each other out for being light skinned. Racism isn't just a white thing it exists in people of all races.

Bibi claims 40% of black women in London use skin bleach | Daily Mail Online

Maybe its my age, but I have heard p-l-e-n-t-y over the years of discrimination of both mixed race and african americans whos skin tone is lighter by the african american community and in pop culture in the US. Some are called the name of a popular cookie for supposedly being black on the outside, white on the inside...or that their "features" are "white/ie european/caucasian", even though their skin tone is dark.

This difference can be pointed out to disparage them for either being not "really" African American, or for having an easier time re: discrimination due to having a lighter skin tone or more Caucasian facial structure. The sad reality is they often get picked on from both African and Caucasian Americans. :no:

Double post auto-merged: February 10, 2018, 01:44:01 AM

Quote from: Kritter on February 10, 2018, 01:37:11 AM
This is 2018. Every race has progressed since those were made. As I said I live in the South & that is not a thing anymore. Black people want to be treated better now instead of wishing to be white.

More of the times it isnt that they supposedly desire to be white, its they get criticized for not being dark enough, or their features being African enough, as if theyre somehow fooling people and avoiding their "fair" share of criticism for being African american, when in reality they get lack of acceptance from both sides and can feel like they dont fit in with either group.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Kritter

I am not from the south of London so I wouldn't know what they do anymore than someone from Canada would know what people in the South of the USA knows what is going on there.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Why would Beyonce's father whose american say that??? Why would there be sayings such as he/shes an "Oreo"??? Why would people deride a light skinned African American by saying their features are white???

I wont claim to be familiar with your hometown if you stop trying to insult my memory and common sense, I didnt invent those saying off the top of my head just now.

If youre going to try and claim theres no hurdles that mixed race people encounter, theres really nothing more to say about the matter.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Kritter

I never said there were no hurdles for them to cover. Stop trying to twist my words to suit your purpose. If you can't stay on topic I do not wish to converse with you.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Quote from: Kritter on February 10, 2018, 01:37:11 AM

And im saying it is with a very recent example of what one could say a full member of the african american community saying the very thing im talking about was responsible for the popularity of his childs music career, and @TLLK had an example amongst the african community as well, in case Mr Knowles comments were attributed to be directed solely at the caucasian community.

We both know this thread/recent posts is not about if there is or isnt any hurdles to overcome, it was a very specific example which you chose to step in and refute as the final arbiter by virtue of living in the southern US, flying in the face of cited examples and accumulated experience/common sense/wisdom whatever you want to call it over the last 40 years.

Dont tell me what I know and dont know when its something ive seen for myself over and over again. This is one of those things like some other posters do where your reach to discredit other posters exceeds your grasp of the situation, and when called on it, try and retreat under the cover of reframing it and/or claims of personal attacks when by the very nature of your assertion either knowingly or unknowingly(ill choose to believe its this option) youve attacked the other person. Obviously theres no common ground or courtesy here, so youve ruined another thread for me.

TLLK

@Duch_Luver_4ever -This was one young woman's experience while she was attending Howard University in Washington DC.

Black Girls: The Real Deal Between Light Vs. Dark Skin - Gurl.com | Gurl.com  The article discusses the impact of the documentary "Light Girls" which was released in 2015. I wouldn't be surprised if Meghan has had to deal with the issues of being a "light" skinned biracial woman from members of the AA community just like "dark" skinned AA woman have had to face similar prejudice from lighter skinned AA people.  Light Girls (2015) - IMDb

Also this one from New Orleans, LA.

Light or dark, black women in New Orleans have felt mistreated: Jarvis DeBerry | NOLA.com

QuoteYaba Blay, a professor of Africana studies at Drexel University who was born in New Orleans, said Wednesday that her rejection by light-skinned people in New Orleans made her resentful of them. When I asked for your responses to the Bill Duke documentary "Dark Girls" and the issue of colorism in general, Blay's experience was confirmed.  Light-skinned women from New Orleans reported being judged and dismissed by their darker peers. Those darker women reported being rejected by those lighter women.

Double post auto-merged: February 10, 2018, 04:32:51 AM

Dark Girls (2011) - IMDb

Kritter

royalanthropologist

I can understand some people (particularly from the Commonwealth) having moralistic objections to a future queen consort or even a princess but there comes a time when it veers into OTT. I have seen nothing in any of the current royal consorts/princesses or prospective ones that warrants the level of vitriol from some people. They just get too caught up in the whole thing to the extent of getting some petitions to stop the wedding. You have to be a pretty sad person to do that IMO.

I hope we don't get booing and picketing this time from that contingent of ultra protective monarchists. If they don't like bride, groom or entire wedding...just stay away  instead of creating a public farce.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

TLLK

QuoteI can understand some people (particularly from the Commonwealth) having moralistic objections to a future queen consort or even a princess but there comes a time when it veers into OTT. I have seen nothing in any of the current royal consorts/princesses or prospective ones that warrants the level of vitriol from some people. They just get too caught up in the whole thing to the extent of getting some petitions to stop the wedding. You have to be a pretty sad person to do that IMO.
:goodpost:

Yes I agree @royalanthropologist though sadly we've seen the same bizarre level of vitriol leveled at other public figures throughout history. :(

The objections that are listed in the petition apply to other members of the BRF as well, so why is Meghan singled out?  :shrug: While the person who initiated  the petition has been identified as a woman from  northern England, it is sad to think that she's found so many people to sign it. Most of them being from a nation that broke away from the UK.

royalanthropologist

And of course Meghan being an American ought to have been celebrated across the pond. It is interesting to me though that nobody will come out openly and say "it's because she is mixed race". They tend to use euphemism like "unsuitable", "not an English rose", "foreign national". Of course they forget that for a long time Britain has been ruled by foreign royal families.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Duch_Luver_4ever

Rapper Cardi B sits next to Anna Wintour of Vogue | Daily Mail Online

One could say this picture neatly describes the whole situation of so-called "Traditional" England  vs their new royal LOL, not my take on it, I think as long as things are as portrayed, she'll be great for Harry and the RF.

sandy

Some of the petitioners are scary, I hope there is lots of security because some may be fanatics. And I mean fanatics.

wannable

They can easily request for security life threatening the issuance of the IP addresses of the fruit and nuts.  Most of them seem to be from her hometown California! 

I believe MI5 has the domestic (UK) controlled with the list of the lunes, and Mi6 (international) has it as well.