Loathsome petition launched to bar Meghan from having a role in The Royal Family

Started by Kritter, February 08, 2018, 05:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

Loathsome petition launched to bar Meghan Markle from having a role in The Royal Family ? Royal Central
Opinion by Royal Central?s Editor, Charlie Proctor

The petition states that Meghan Markle isn?t suitable to become a member of The Royal Family because she is a divorcee.

One can only presume that renders The Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Princess Royal and the Duke of York unsuitable as well?

Similarly, the petition states: ?No member of the Royal Family should have naked images of them freely available on the internet as she does.?

Presumably, that also renders the Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry, the Countess of Wessex and the Duke of York unsuitable to be royals as well?

:thumbsup:    :nod:    :hehe:

TLLK

QuoteThe irony is, that after examining those who have signed the petition, hardly any of them live in the United Kingdom. Most reside in the United States.
:no: :wacko:

Curryong

This petition is absolutely ridiculous. I've seen it before as it's been around for some time. Ill written, illogical, hate-filled, what can you say!  It can't do any good anyway. Unlike some Continental monarchies the BRF betrothals don't have a Parliamentary element. The Queen informs the PM and Privy Council of the intended marriage not asks permission. Plus there aren't enough signatures for it to be debated in Parliament even if it was going to be considered a subject for debate, which it isn't. And as you say, TLLK. These few thousand people (mostly silly little girls probably) aren't usually UK citizens anyway.

Trudie

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on February 08, 2018, 08:25:56 PM
This petition is absolutely ridiculous. I've seen it before as it's been around for some time. Ill written, illogical, hate-filled, what can you say!  It can't do any good anyway. Unlike some Continental monarchies the BRF betrothals don't have a Parliamentary element. The Queen informs the PM and Privy Council of the intended marriage not asks permission. Plus there aren't enough signatures for it to be debated in Parliament even if it was going to be considered a subject for debate, which it isn't. And as you say, TLLK. These few thousand people (mostly silly little girls probably) aren't usually UK citizens anyway.
Yes it is true that the those members of the BRF who are still required to seek the permission of the monarch at least do not need to have the government's approval as well. Most of the time it isn't a problem for the royals or they'll find a way to work around the issue ie: W-A and Maxima's wedding.   I'm sorry that it has received so much attention, but this does give everyone who reads it a distinct impression of the person who created the petition in the first place.

Kritter

Duch_Luver_4ever

Considering how americans like Wallace Simpson, youd think it wouldnt be a problem, also with C&C opening that door, its kind of late to make the change, or to punish Meghan for it.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

PaulaB

Quote from: Kritter on February 08, 2018, 05:35:21 PM
Loathsome petition launched to bar Meghan Markle from having a role in The Royal Family ? Royal Central
:thumbsup:    :nod:    :hehe:

It?s from the royal gossip forum

Double post auto-merged: February 09, 2018, 04:12:37 AM

Quote from: Kritter on February 09, 2018, 01:16:14 AM
It shows that racism is alive & well in the USA.

I don?t think it has anything to do with racism.  They are using the same arguments as was used for Catherine she is a slut her family is terrible why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free and on and on.  Wait until Megan is pregnant no doubt they will be doing the whole surragocy thing.  They already did that for Catherine by calling her a trannie.  Have a look at the insane things on YouTube.

Curryong

People on RG grabbed a copy of that stupid petition and posted it on their forum. A few of the posters there, mainly Americans, signed it.  It was rattling around on Twitter for ages before that though, with about a hundred signatures from the bitter and the deluded. It turned up on the 'Hello I'm Sissi' blog mid last year and I wouldn't be surprised if one of the mob there started it.

Kritter

It is very different with Meghan. I have seen comments where Kate is acceptable now because she isn't Meghan. If it is Americans it is racism especially since Meghan is a good role model & hasn't done outrageous things in her life.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on February 09, 2018, 04:23:01 AM
People on RG grabbed a copy of that stupid petition and posted it on their forum. A few of the posters there, mainly Americans, signed it.  It was rattling around on Twitter for ages before that though, with about a hundred signatures from the bitter and the deluded. It turned up on the 'Hello I'm Sissi' blog mid last year and I wouldn't be surprised if one of the mob there started it.
Why am I not surprised that some of their members signed it. :no:

Kritter

If anyone can accept Camilla, Charles & Andrews character then they can accept anyone's character.

royalanthropologist

Two questions about this petition:

1. Is the BRF so important to Americans that they must decide who the members marry?
2. What has Meghan that is so wrong that she must be forbidden from marrying the man she loves?

I kinda saw the same OTT reaction to Camilla and a lot of it from places which have zilch to do with the British monarchy. It seems some people have too much time on their hands.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Curryong

I've noted for years that some females feel very invested in and protective of Harry to a very strange extent, and that includes Americans but many other nationalities as well. For instance, there was a online site called Royal Astrology that had  been going for years. It dealt with the astrology, tarot readings and psychic predictions of many royals, but primarily Harry. There was a whole section devoted to his future bride, who was known as FD (Future Duchess.)

In it, (and there were reams of it dating back to the early 2000s) were predictions about this FD, her physical appearance, past, qualities, education, how she and Harry would meet, how together they would change the world, this King in all but name and his super Duchess. By about 2013 this goddess was built up to a height no human being would ever have been able to attain, and there were dozens of attendants worshipping at the shrine of this mythical being.

Then, it all came crashing down. Meghan appeared. (Cressida B was disliked but not like this.) How dare Harry reject the goddess and want to marry an 'old' American divorcee! How dare he be so stupid was the tone! An actress and obviously a liar and a cheat!

The breast beating, hair clutching, the insults aimed at Harry, formerly a hero, now a dumb ass who obviously was too stupid to disentangle himself from Meghan's wiles, the vituperation and the anger, were all quite comical really. That site has disappeared, changed its name. The former acolytes are licking their self inflicted wounds.

And Yes these women wanted to choose Harry's life partner, and yes they all had much too much time on their hands!

Kritter

None of them including Camilla have been treated as Meghan has & the objections to Camilla were coming mostly from the British & still are. Very understandable why people don't want Camilla.

Objections to Kate were that she did nothing all those years except wait for William to put a ring on it. Wasted her Degree & youth for a title.

Meghan fits the bill of the woman people wanted for Harry except she is not a blonde Aristocrat.

wannable

Meghan is lucky, a whirlwind long distance romance towards a quick engagement followed by a wedding.   She will never know the stress of being stalked and harassed by the press and paparazzi in situ.

In reference to the thread, I will simply put it that the organizer of the petition, and those that signed it are all fruit and nuts.  (There may be a ting of the racial card towards both black and white skinned people, as I have read it through out the forums, tumblr, both skin color are mentioned as Black trash, White trash. I do not know if at some point these people had a unconscious oops moment, but I agree that racism is strong in the USA). 

Kritter

Harry fell in love with Meghan & she with him. It is love as shown in both their faces so there was no need to drag it out for a decade to see if they wanted to be with each other or not.

wannable

Hence she is lucky in a sense she will never know what it is to be stalked and harassed.

Not one person who respects societal differences - a brain cell will 'even' consider such ludicrous out of place petition.

Trudie

IMO Meghan has only one thing negative in her life and that is her sister Samantha and brother Thomas. Meghan is educated, beautiful and a hard worker. So she is divorced as far as the RF is concerned that ship sailed long ago with Prince Michael married a divorcee, Charles the heir to the throne married his mistress apparently these marriages are happy unlike Princess Margaret who had to give up her divorced boyfriend and married only to live a miserable life. As far as race goes why does anyone care if she is half black and half white last time I checked she eats, sleeps and breathes as a human being people need to get over that one.

Duch_Luver_4ever

One thing im surprised we havent seen yet, especially from the USA, IDK if this is an issue in the UK, and if you saw the article by Beyonce's father, you'll know what I mean, and that is, I'm surprised the African American community hasnt called out the RF because Meghan is not dark enough.

Im guessing the only reason we havent seen that, is that even the SJW's know how big a step this is for the RF who runs at least a generation or two behind the times, but its a common thing in the US, and given that outrage is a spectator sport last few years, im really surprised it hasnt been said yet.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

QuoteI'm surprised the African American community hasnt called out the RF because Meghan is not dark enough.

Some have called her out because she's not wearing her hair "natural" or don't regard her as "black" because she's dated/married white men.

Reminder: Meghan Markle is Not Black-This article is filled with inaccurate information stating that Meghan is "Jewish." She's not Jewish, her ex-husband is Jewish.https://www.vogue.com/article/meghan-markle-biracial-identity-politics-personal-essay

Kritter

I am from the South & no they do not call each other out for being light skinned. Racism isn't just a white thing it exists in people of all races.

TLLK

QuoteOne thing im surprised we havent seen yet, especially from the USA, IDK if this is an issue in the UK, and if you saw the article by Beyonce's father, you'll know what I mean, and that is, I'm surprised the African American community hasnt called out the RF because Meghan is not dark enough.

This is from the past but the paper bag test that was used by African Americans to deny entrance into churches, social clubs, fraternities/sororities to those who were "too dark." Dark Girls: Getting Past The Paper Bag Test

QuoteHere?s the irony. Some white people spend tons of money trying to tan their bodies in order to get dark, while some black people spend tons of money trying to lighten their skin. One interviewee stated, ?White people made me appreciate my skin color, black people made me question it.? She?d been complimented by whites for her skin color, while blacks vilified her skin tone. Just sad.

A few notable tweets in my feed last night:

Categorizing ourselves ?light skin? or ?dark skin?we are saying we are closer to the social construct that says white is more valuable. #DarkGirls

We, including myself, have to do better at recognizing where we believe certain lies and stereotypes about our beauty. #DarkGirls

I didn?t know anything about dark skin being ?bad? until I transferred to majority black American school in 7th grade. #DarkGirls

There are so many shades of color in my family?we appreciate them all. #DarkGirls

How many more records would Angie Stone, India Arie, and Fantasia had sold if they looked like Alicia Keys, Rihanna, Ciara, or Beyonce? #DarkGirls

Truth is, every girl has a story to tell. Dark Girls who have to defend their beauty & Light Girls who have to defend their race. #DarkGirls

Double post auto-merged: February 10, 2018, 01:18:34 AM

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on February 10, 2018, 12:05:48 AM
One thing im surprised we havent seen yet, especially from the USA, IDK if this is an issue in the UK, and if you saw the article by Beyonce's father, you'll know what I mean, and that is, I'm surprised the African American community hasnt called out the RF because Meghan is not dark enough.

Im guessing the only reason we havent seen that, is that even the SJW's know how big a step this is for the RF who runs at least a generation or two behind the times, but its a common thing in the US, and given that outrage is a spectator sport last few years, im really surprised it hasnt been said yet.
Have you heard of the paper bag test? Or have you seen Spike Lee's "School Daze?" School Daze (1988) - IMDb