Author Topic: Prince Harry's joint engagements with Duke & Duchess of Cambridge  (Read 20499 times)

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    98%
  • Gal power!!!!!!

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    18%
    • Favorite royal: The Queen and Prince Harry
Re: Prince Harry's joint engagements with Duke & Duchess of Cambridge
« Reply #151 on: September 06, 2017, 06:31:44 AM »
I'm very glad to see that the survivors and supporters of this group of people aren't forgotten and that KP kept its promise when William promised a while ago 'We'll be back'. The Grenfell tragedy was needless and it's great that William and Harry are able to shine the spotlight on this project for just a little while.

The following users thanked this post: FanDianaFancy, TLLK

Offline sara8150

• Diana-ites
  • Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    10%
    • Favorite royal: Princess Diana&Kate,Duchess of Cambridge
« Reply #152 on: September 06, 2017, 07:15:39 PM »
Prince William Tells Young Grenfell Tower Inferno Victims: ‘Talk About Your Loss, Promise Me’
Prince William, Prince Harry Visit Grenfell Tower Fire Victims

Double post auto-merged: September 06, 2017, 07:23:31 PM

Princes William and Harry visit Grenfell survivors support group
Princes William and Harry visit Grenfell survivors support group

Double post auto-merged: September 06, 2017, 07:25:51 PM

Prince William and Prince Harry comfort Grenfell Tower fire victims
Grenfell Tower fire: Prince William and Prince Harry comfort victims | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:35:59 PM by SophieChloe »

Offline FanDianaFancy

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    6%
« Reply #153 on: September 07, 2017, 04:53:17 AM »
It  is  good.

If, when  PH  marries  MM,  it  would  good  for  them, a  real strong  look  of  unity, welcoming MM, and  good  as in safety  for  M  to  join them  All 4  of them  for  some events.

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    18%
« Reply #154 on: September 07, 2017, 07:19:45 AM »
I see the exact opposite, actually. Having the Cambridges and the new Duke and Duchess of **** turning up for events would appear to me to be terribly unwieldy, almost like all four of the Queen's children turning up for an engagement or three, which, apart from Trooping the Colour they don't do.

It means, in terms of protocol the junior couple perpetually trailing around behind the Cambridges on the engagement. Harry does this more than enough, and IMO he always appears quite subdued during these joint engagements and in the presence of his brother, and I prefer to see him with at least  a bit of a happy spark.

I know KP and tptb who advise the monarchy love having the three together as symbols of the new youthful BRF. The trouble with that concept is that none of them are that youthful any more. Even Harry, the youngest of the trio, is almost thirty three.

Even the Foundation that the brothers started now has a very clumsy long name. How is it going to be when it is The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex? Phew, by the time you've said that lot,  you could have boiled yourself a cup of tea!

My impression is anyway that in the new reign each senior Royal will operate his/her charities under the umbrella of their own titles, just as senior royals do on the Continent and in Scandinavia, with joint charities with their spouses of course, but not usually with other couples tagging along.

Plus what the now Cambridges will be tackling as Prince and Princess of Wales will be quite different sort of things than that of Harry and his wife. Meghan will no doubt pick her own charities, and along with Harry's veterans causes it could be work among the ethnic communities of the U.K. given her background.

Offline amabel

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Favorite royal: Anne Boleyn
« Reply #155 on: September 08, 2017, 02:25:24 PM »
God yes.  Frankly, I could do without the lot of them, but they are the future of the monarchy.  but they should NOT be trailing along in a foursome.  the more they spread out, the more they can get done

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    98%
  • Gal power!!!!!!

Offline sandy

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    36%
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2017, 08:39:23 PM »
I see the exact opposite, actually. Having the Cambridges and the new Duke and Duchess of **** turning up for events would appear to me to be terribly unwieldy, almost like all four of the Queen's children turning up for an engagement or three, which, apart from Trooping the Colour they don't do.

It means, in terms of protocol the junior couple perpetually trailing around behind the Cambridges on the engagement. Harry does this more than enough, and IMO he always appears quite subdued during these joint engagements and in the presence of his brother, and I prefer to see him with at least  a bit of a happy spark.

I know KP and tptb who advise the monarchy love having the three together as symbols of the new youthful BRF. The trouble with that concept is that none of them are that youthful any more. Even Harry, the youngest of the trio, is almost thirty three.

Even the Foundation that the brothers started now has a very clumsy long name. How is it going to be when it is The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex? Phew, by the time you've said that lot,  you could have boiled yourself a cup of tea!

My impression is anyway that in the new reign each senior Royal will operate his/her charities under the umbrella of their own titles, just as senior royals do on the Continent and in Scandinavia, with joint charities with their spouses of course, but not usually with other couples tagging along.

Plus what the now Cambridges will be tackling as Prince and Princess of Wales will be quite different sort of things than that of Harry and his wife. Meghan will no doubt pick her own charities, and along with Harry's veterans causes it could be work among the ethnic communities of the U.K. given her background.

I agree. The only time Charles and Diana and Fergie and Andrew were seen together were formal occasions and vacations. The two couples divided up the work. I think it is more effective for Harry and his future wife to work separately from William and Kate.

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    98%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2017, 10:05:41 AM »
Great news regarding the Heads Together Campaign 2018. Prince Harry and the Cambridges are launching an online initiative for mental health.
The study noted a “slow and steady increase” in people talking about mental health in general, with a 3 percent rise, or 1.5 million people, discussing it in May compared with February.

Of those surveyed, 68 percent of people would now speak to a family member, 64 percent to a friend and 25 percent to a doctor. But only 2 percent would choose to speak to their HR department, 7 percent to a work supervisor and 24 percent to a colleague.

Just over half (51 percent) of those asked said it was now easy to speak about mental health.

I fully expect that if Harry should marry that his wife would take on a particular interest in the Heads Together Campaign. Harry has veterans, Kate has children and William has first responders and men.

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    18%
« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2017, 10:53:28 AM »
Yes, an excellent initiative IMO. And the proof is in the pudding really. So many more people ringing seeking help, looking to these charities. I bet Harry is glad too that males were emboldened by his interview and are calling in greater numbers. However, as I've said before it all comes to naught if there aren't enough medical professionals there in the public system. So it comes down to public funding really.

The following users thanked this post: TLLK, Duch_Luver_4ever

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    98%
  • Gal power!!!!!!

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    98%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #161 on: October 12, 2017, 04:21:05 AM »
Stephen Fry's speech at the reception.Twitter

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    98%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #162 on: October 18, 2017, 10:06:31 PM »

Offline LNJ

• Activity:
    0%
    • Favorite royal: Meghan Markle
« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2017, 02:52:33 AM »
I have never been a fan of these "trio" engagements and hope that once Harry marries Meghan, they cease.

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    98%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
Re: Prince Harry\\\'s joint engagements with Duke & Duchess of Cambridge
« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2017, 03:03:05 AM »
^^^Well should Harry marry Meghan then they'd become a foursome. As long as the Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of ______________ continues, I believe that they will continue to work and attend events together. IMHO the two couples would be able to attract more attention to the worthy causes that they champion through the foundation. TBH I don't see that as a negative for the people who benefit from the Foundation's work.

Also keep in mind that they would be likely to attend various events together throughout the year ie: Incoming state visits, Trooping the Color, etc...That would increase when QEII's reign comes to an end and Charles' reign begins. Most European royals follow a similar pattern with their annual events: ie The recent opening of the Danish parliament saw the Queen, the CP couple, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Princess Benedikte together.

Double post auto-merged: October 19, 2017, 05:14:21 AM

Court Circular 18/10

The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Henry of Wales this morning gave a Reception for the finalists of BBC Radio One’s Teen Hero Awards at Kensington Palace.

Double post auto-merged: October 19, 2017, 05:15:00 AM

This was another engagement that William and Harry carried out together today.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 05:15:00 AM by TLLK »

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    18%
« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2017, 05:39:05 AM »
It just appears to be too clunky to me, TLLK, and always has even before Meghan's appearance on the scene. There's the inordinately long name of the Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of.....stretching into the horizon with whatever Ducal title Harry gets which of course includes his wife.

I do know that there will inevitably be some occasions in which the four of them will appear together, the Trooping etc. And of course some of the charities will benefit from the presence of the four.

However, writing strictly as a Harry fan I do feel that Harry sparkles and jokes a great deal more when his brother isn't around. When Kate is present, the media immediately concentrates on her hair, makeup, etc and her husband and brother in law might as well not be there sometimes. A case in point is today at the sports engagement. Kate wasn't scheduled to be there but turned up and in spite of Harry coaching and playing 90% of the photos were, Kate in jeggings, Kate laughing, Kate's blue jacket, Kate chatting...

Harry is also punctilious about precedence. I've noted it tons of times. He is three steps behind at evening engagements especially, is greeted and shakes hands after the Cambridges. Now, of course they are senior in rank to Harry so this is correct, but if you follow a Royal you don't particularly like that Royal being treated as a third wheel and cast in the shade when he's with his brother and sister in law. At least I don't, and I'm not alone. There have been many Harry fans in the past who've pointed out the above points.

As well, I'm sure that the Fail and other British tabs will be ecstatic when the 'Sussex' couple tag along on joint engagements with the Cambridges. It will give them endless enjoyment contrasting the outfits and hair of the two women and subtly criticising one of them for something or other. And you can bet your bottom dollar it won't be Kate getting it in the neck about her clothing/demeanour in tabloid articles!

I don't care for  the Cambridges and that no doubt colours my views of the joint appearances. However, some of my concerns and niggles do have some substance. So, in my view, the less joint appearances by the four of them the better I shall like it.

The following users thanked this post: Valentina18

Offline LNJ

• Activity:
    0%
    • Favorite royal: Meghan Markle
« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2017, 06:13:39 AM »
I 100% agree with Curry.  I realized Harry is the spare, so to speak, but I don't like him being treated second rate and made to come in second to William and Kate at events, especially when Kate and William have yet to pull their weight in any way, shape or form in terms of workload. Their endless number of perks is ludicrous considering their paltry number of engagements.

And while the Palace may try and brand the Cambridges and Harry and Meghan as a superfoursome for a few months, I don't see that lasting. For one, it doesn't do to keep pairing the couples. Harry and Meghan and William and Kate have different skill sets and to be honest, Harry and Meghan, being the more outgoing and charismatic of the couples, will outshine the Cambridges.

Also, to keep having Harry and Meghan and Harry do engagements where they will have to always play second fiddle to the Cambridges is not the business, either. Eventually the two couples will have to do their own thing and take their own paths and the sooner, the better. It doesn't benefit them all to be lumped together.

And that Foundation needs to be split up. Harry will be soon be married and he and Meghan will have their own interests.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 06:16:10 AM by LNJ »

The following users thanked this post: Curryong

Offline sandy

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    36%
« Reply #167 on: October 19, 2017, 07:15:42 AM »
I think when Harry marries he and his wife (seems like it will be Meghan) should do engagements on their own and not "double date" with William and Kate. H and M should get their own identities and their own causes.

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    98%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
Re: Prince Harry\'s joint engagements with Duke & Duchess of Cambridge
« Reply #168 on: October 19, 2017, 07:17:08 AM »
It just appears to be too clunky to me, TLLK
I agree that the name is just too long so eventually I believe it will become "The Foundation."

Now speaking as a fan of both, I find that each brings their own personalities to the mix and it's all good. :thumbsup: William is naturally more reserved and his brother is more outgoing. Kate falls somewhere in the middle IMO. Today like on other occasions I saw three people who mesh well together but at when needed  can fan out and cover parts of  the engagement activity as individuals. For me the priority remains on the foundation and the work that the trio do. :nod: The Foundation and the Heads Together campaign have had an enormous impact this year especially with mental health. :happy17: As far as I can tell, they're incredibly proud and pleased by the recent results of their mental health work.  Personally I'm not concerned about the popularity of the  individual royals, but I do understand that for some royal watchers that is what draws them to following them. 

So I'm very interested in seeing the Cambridges and Harry + Spouse working together to promote their charitable work. IMHO it has proven to be a good thing.  :thumbsup:

Double post auto-merged: October 19, 2017, 07:34:48 AM

The Royal Foundation invests £2 million to back digital solutions for mental health - Royal Foundation

It's stories like this one that get me excited about the work that the Foundation is doing and how it impacts the lives of British citizens. With Harry's wife on board, I believe that will enrich and expand the existing program as she brings her own interests into the foundation.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 07:34:49 AM by TLLK »

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    18%
« Reply #169 on: October 19, 2017, 08:06:03 AM »
Of course it's great that the trio is able to bring an enormous number of donations and PR to valuable causes. Marvellous!
However, as a longtime Harry admirer the points in my previous point stand, I'm afraid. About 10 minutes ago I was lurking on the blog The Kate Middleton Review, and one of the first things one of the posters there came out with was a comment on how Harry looked as if he'd rather be somewhere else on the two recent joint engagements.

Now, I'm sure he wouldn't because he is far too aware of the value royals bring to their charities and patronages. However, it's quite typical of reactions that Harry fans have when viewing he and the Cambridges together. He doesn't have any of that sort demeanour when he's undertaking engagements on his own.

We will of course just have to wait and see how it works out with a foursome, especially with the two women working in tandem on joint engagements. I certainly hope they can work harmoniously together and the media not get up to too many of their tricks, a la Diana and Fergie comparisons.

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    98%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #170 on: October 19, 2017, 10:00:18 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7LmZZLTbbE- Video from today's engagement.

About 10 minutes ago I was lurking on the blog The Kate Middleton Review, and one of the first things one of the posters there came out with was a comment on how Harry looked as if he'd rather be somewhere else on the two recent joint engagements.
Oh I wish that they'd seen today's video because IMHO Harry looked very much engaged and in his element.  :thumbsup: Look for Harry about 14 seconds into the video.

I certainly hope they can work harmoniously together and the media not get up to too many of their tricks, a la Diana and Fergie comparisons.
Unfortunately the press often chooses to manipulate the images and story lines because articles which show people getting along don't sell in the same way as tales of woe.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 10:04:29 AM by TLLK »

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    98%
  • Gal power!!!!!!

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    98%
  • Gal power!!!!!!

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    98%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2017, 06:22:20 AM »
CC 7/11

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patrons, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, later attended a Reception at Berry Brothers and Rudd, 3 St James’s Street, London SW1.

(This happened in the afternoon)

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    18%
« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2017, 08:42:14 AM »
I think Berry Brothers and Rudd are a very discreet and trusted old firm as far as the royals are concerned. I believe the Queen has held several private family celebrations there. If it's not a big family lunch at Windsor Castle for the 70th wedding anniversary there might be something private held there for extended family members a few days before or afterwards.

The following users thanked this post: TLLK

Royal Insight Forum is not responsible for the content of external sites