Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 ... 10
The Earl and Countess of Wessex / Re: Edward & Sophie's Royal Duties
« Last post by TLLK on Today at 09:05:35 AM »
Cepe Smith on Twitter: "CC Buckingham Palace 20th February, 2018 The Countess of Wessex, Colonel-in-Chief, Queen Alexandra?s Royal Army Nursing Corps,

CC Buckingham Palace 20th February, 2018 The Countess of Wessex, Colonel-in-Chief, Queen Alexandra?s Royal Army Nursing Corps, this morning received Colonel Alison McCourt upon assuming the appointment as Chief Nursing Officer.
Mods, SohpieChole, etc., please remove that off of sandys? posting. It takes up all of her posting space. Thanks.
Princess Anne, The Princess Royal / Re: Princess Anne's Royal Duties
« Last post by TLLK on Today at 06:27:51 AM »
HRH The Princess Royal re-opens Oaksey House with new ?

Oaksey House, which first opened in 2009, now boasts the addition of the ?AP McCoy Hydrotherapy Pool? in the treatment wing. Like the pool at Jack Berry House, the IJF?s northern Fitness and Rehabilitation Centre in Malton, and also made in the US by Hydroworx, the pool is beneficial in treating a multitude of injuries with its underwater treadmill, massage hoses and performance monitoring systems. It can also accommodate spinally injured patients.

There has also been a significant internal refurbishment including a re-positioned gym, which is three times the size of the previous one, and is now housed in a very large and bright airy room providing the necessary space for the best possible rehabilitation.

As well as fulfilling jockeys? needs, Oaksey House will continue to support the local community by providing communal space including a large new function room in ?Francome?s Forum?.
The Duke of Kent opens University of Buckingham's new medical centre - Buckingham Advertiser

The centre will be used by medical students, training doctors, nurses and health professionals, and houses simulation operating theatres, a 200-seater lecture theatre, and replica wards for University students to practice in.
Fashion and Style / Re: Crowns
« Last post by TLLK on Today at 05:21:19 AM »
The last King of Hungary and Kaiser of the Austrian-Hungarian Empire Karl wearing the Crown of Hungary. He's pictured with his wife Zita and son CP Otto.

ta_1916a.jpg" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_von_Habsburg#/media/File:Kroenung_Budapest_Karl_und_Zi ta_1916a.jpg
The photos of Henrik's funeral were quite sad, various members of the family visibly affected, ordinary Danes mourning too. Margrethe might very easily have been wearing the veil used at her father's funeral. I was glad to see her two sons move unobtrusively to stand next to her at the end. A very supportive gesture! Fifty years married and a real love affair from the beginning. How she will miss Henrik! However, I'm sure she'll continue on as usual. She's a very indomitable character.

The whole service had a quiet dignity and I think the DRF were quite right in keeping it to family only. Henrik's dogs too making an appearance at one stage, very moving as they were very much part of his life. The children were stoic I thought, might have been a bit much for the littlies, but certainly Nikolai, Felix, Christian and Izzie were very responsible and serious.

There were little touches throughout, Henrik's daughters in law wearing his gifts of jewellery to them for instance, that showed how much they all cared. I thought Queen Margrethe was very brave, smiling though she was teary. If Henrik was looking down, and I'm sure he was, I think he would have been pleased. It went off very very well.
Prince Harry / Re: Meghan Markle the feminist royal
« Last post by TLLK on Today at 04:55:09 AM »
I believe that there will always be someone there to assist the ladies during these visits, but the L-i-W term may have come to an end.
« Last post by Curryong on Today at 04:45:29 AM »
I'm not so sure that when Kate in perhaps twenty years time becomes Queen Consort, she won't need at least a couple of Ladies in waiting, even if they aren't called that then. No British Queen Consort that I know of managed without helpers who chatted to visitors inside the palaces while waiting for the Royal to receive them, wrote notes to correspondents of all kinds, acted as sounding boards and friends, helped out at all sorts of public engagements etc.

These women performed duties servants couldn't and were pretty indispensable when the Consort was doing full time engagements. I just don't think someone like Catherine Quinn alone would cut it, at least not if she wanted any kind of private life of her own.

At the moment Kate can manage. She appears to be fulltime but that was because her yearly engagement figures last year were disastrous due to HG and other things. Therefore it's been decided that she has to get her figures up to some sort of respectable level before she retreats from the world to give birth and have a couple of months maternity leave. So Catherine Quinn has been an efficient helper. However, Consort duties are something else again and I do think that a few Ladies in Waiting, or whatever they're called, will be vital.
« Last post by TLLK on Today at 04:25:38 AM »
Meghan gets a Royal aide (who we've already seen) to help with her Calendar in the coming months.

Meghan Markle gets official help in the form of royal aide | Daily Mail Online
@Curryong-It seems that this generation of royal ladies will not have "ladies-in-waiting" but their aides will perform that role and that of an administrative aide.
Some observations from today, Princes Nikolai and Felix were very protective of their younger siblings at the funeral. Also I noticed how frail King Constantine was and that he had to be assisted by an aide today.  I was wondering if Queen Margrethe's veil is the same one that she wore for her parents' funerals?

Double post auto-merged: Today at 04:43:06 AM

Photo of Countess Alexandra (Joachim's former wife and the mother of Princes Nikolai and Felix.)

Billedserie: Det sidste farvel til prins Henrik
Pages: [1] 2 ... 10

Royal Insight Forum is not responsible for the content of external sites