With Kate and Prince George, the Queen can see the future is in safe hands

Started by PrincessOfPeace, April 13, 2014, 08:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

Gordon Rayner, The Telegraph

QuoteHe can expect to carry out more than 20,000 public engagements over the course of his life, but there can only be one first engagement, and for Prince George, it all started on a wet and windy April afternoon here in New Zealand.

From the moment he was carried off a Royal New Zealand Air Force Boeing 757, immaculate in white, the future king has been the undisputed star of the ongoing royal tour.

Even the Duchess of Cambridge, one of the most famous and followed women on the planet, could not compete with her cherubic, mischievous son when it came to winning the hearts of this Commonwealth realm.

And back in London, the Queen will doubtless have been monitoring events with a smile of satisfaction. She knows just how important is Prince George's appearance on the front pages of newspapers and magazines the world over to the future of the monarchy.
More: With Kate and Prince George, the Queen can see the future of the royalty is in safe hands | National Post

FanDianaFancy

Good pr article.

Yes, QEII  can see her  son, grandson and great grandson are in line.  This will take the  BRF  for the next, what did the BRF reporters  figure out  when PG  was born...over the next 50 -60 years or more.  I  cannot remember the years, waht  year would it be when  PG  is KG.   For  QEII, her three  kings  are lined up.

PrincessOfPeace

George charms the world

The future king has outshone even his parents as the undisputed star of the royal tour

Quote...In the eight months since Prince George was born, the public has had precious few updates on his progress, which has only served to increase the appetite for news and pictures of him. In New Zealand alone, 450 journalists have been accredited to cover the royal visit, including around 60 travelling from the UK, interest that the government described as "unprecedented".
More: George charms the world - Telegraph

Lothwen

^He's a baby in that cute-baby stage.  Of course he's going to "charm" everyone :orchid:

If people want a Republic, it won't matter how cute or charming the baby prince is. 
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

amabel

Quote from: Lothwen on April 14, 2014, 04:06:33 AM
^He's a baby in that cute-baby stage.  Of course he's going to "charm" everyone :orchid:

If people want a Republic, it won't matter how cute or charming the baby prince is. 
and sicne people DONT want a republic I think George Is OK.  not that I think he's any differnet to any other baby

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteBack in London, the Queen was surely monitoring the coverage of the tour in the local media. Among the press cuttings that will have been brought to her attention is a comment piece by the New Zealand Herald columnist, Lee Suckling, headlined, "Why the Royals are worth it".

Mr Suckling dismissed criticism of the £600,000 security and travel bill being picked up by the New Zealand government for the royal tour, saying that Prince George's historic visit would be "remembered by the world for a century" and boost the country's profile immeasurably.

The Queen would be particularly pleased to read that "it's been 30 years since New Zealand cared so much for the monarchy ... with youth, empathy and poise comes regeneration of royal relevance".

The Monarchy is indeed in safe hands

Lothwen

People saying that a baby is cute is not the same thing as saying they want the Monarchy to continue on after the current Queen's reign. 

People may want the Monarchy to continue, or they may not.  Only time will tell. 
Harryite 12-005

sandy

Nobody knows how George will turn out. He could be a mess like his granddad or lazy like his parents.  He is a baby now and even though a future King he's still a baby. Queen Victoria perhaps thought the future glorious when she posed with several generations including the baby Prince Edward who years later gave up the throne. Only time will tell.

TLLK

Quote from: Lothwen on April 15, 2014, 04:44:26 AM
People saying that a baby is cute is not the same thing as saying they want the Monarchy to continue on after the current Queen's reign. 

People may want the Monarchy to continue, or they may not.  Only time will tell. 
And once again-"I agree with Lothwen." :goodpost:

PrincessOfPeace

The monarchy will continue after the Queen's reign. I sometimes get the impression people don't understand how constitutional monarchy works.

The instant the Queen passes Charles is King. That's how our constitution works. There is no discussion.

Maybe Windsor can give a 'tutorial' on the Act of Settlement 1701 and explain the principal of hereditary monarchy.

If I said to an American, well people may not want the republic to continue after Obama's presidency, they may or may not, only time will tell, they'd think I was crazy.

georgiana996

Haha lol really ?! . We know how it works sweet heart but in America this government is of the people by the people for the people can you say the same when you sing god save the queen lmfao that is something that borders on b.s in today's world and yes most of my generation doesn't care for it , do you really see people curtsying and watching a coronation in the future I don't but  :shrug: whatever , it may last for Charles but mid way something might start , Scotland is already in the process.  ....
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

sandy

PrincessofPeaceI think people on the board already know how it works so no need for tutorials. The point is that only time will tell how the RF saga progresses. There have been upheavals in royal history and it was not always smooth sailing by any stretch of the imagination.

TLLK

Limabeany

:goodpost: To paraphrase Carly Simon, Nobody Said It Better.  :jensinging:
Quote from: Lothwen on April 15, 2014, 04:44:26 AM

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

SophieChloe

I agree.  It's silly to suggest otherwise   George, with all this fawning, will grow up just like his father (and mother).  Totally spoilt and thinking the country owns them a living.   We Don't....they owe us....
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Limabeany

What the Queen should see is that this Tour has highlighted the tremendous potential these two royal celebs have and realize that she should order them off their butts and working to their potential... And, not little by little, they are idle, healthy and in their thirties...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Lothwen

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on April 16, 2014, 04:48:10 PM
The monarchy will continue after the Queen's reign. I sometimes get the impression people don't understand how constitutional monarchy works.

The instant the Queen passes Charles is King. That's how our constitution works. There is no discussion.

Maybe Windsor can give a 'tutorial' on the Act of Settlement 1701 and explain the principal of hereditary monarchy.

If I said to an American, well people may not want the republic to continue after Obama's presidency, they may or may not, only time will tell, they'd think I was crazy.

We all know how hereditary monarchy works.  We also know that the real leaders of England are democratically elected by the people, and that if the people decide they don't want a monarchy and vote to abolish it that there's nothing the House of Windsor can do about that. 
Harryite 12-005

bluhare

Quote from: Limabeany on April 17, 2014, 12:40:19 AM
What the Queen should see is that this Tour has highlighted the tremendous potential these two royal celebs have and realize that she should order them off their butts and working to their potential... And, not little by little, they are idle, healthy and in their thirties...

Hi everybody,

I couldn't agree more, Limabeany.  They're doing a good job on this tour, and everybody's gaga over George.  But they've done tours before, done really well, had great publicity and goodwill upon their return and squandered a lot of it, to the point they were regularly getting slagged in the press.

IMO, it's going take more than bringing George out for photo ops.  They need to take this and turn it around in Britain.  You know, that place in which they live and whose people support them.

FanDianaFancy

I agree with sandy, blue, LIMABEANY.

THe Dupo  should ride that  pupularity  for pr    hen they get back home.  Stay  on the  pr  roll.

I  am SURE, a vacation is in order for resting after  this  tour.
I am surewhen they  return to The UK, they  will continue to  do as they do and that is  not  much.

So be it.

NO, we  none need a  tutorial.
WE  ALL know how it works.
I have said  all of the time, being an American, makes no difference  to any  of  us  whether you keep it  or. 
THANK GOD, on of the very  few things we seemed to  have gotten right  around  was some lil war,umm, what was it  called...um, Amer..Amercan Revolve,OH THE AMERICN REVOLUTION.
  That  and the Civil War  here were , ok, WWI, WWII, were  the only wars around  here we  got  in and should  have involved ourselves in.  Every other war  was not our business, but  we like jumping  in others' businessm no matter how much it harms us..  Hey, I  have said over  and over, "Darlin' , we  have enough  problems on this side  of the pond!"

Double post auto-merged: April 17, 2014, 03:50:31 AM

And we  have had  our Queens too. Queen Jacquline Kennedy  was tolerable because of the times.
Queen Nancy  Reagan  , who  refused to bow, curtesy  to QEII,  was  not  tolerable in her queeness, but right not to bow, curtsey  to QEII. Queen Michelle  Obama, I am sick  of her. I am disappointed in her queeness.

TLLK

IMHO I doubt HM would ever make a statement like the one in the title.  She's lived through WW2, The Cold War, the fall of the Iron Curtain, and more changes to world maps than most Heads of State. I'm not saying this as a reflection upon her son, grandson and great-grandson, but just a reminder about the dramatic changes that have occurred during her life and reign. She can certainly hope that the UK will be a stable, prosperous nation with a Windsor on the throne, but nothing is ever certain. :)

PrincessOfPeace

^^^ Yes but the 'nothing is ever certain' line applies to everyone and everything. Life would grind to a halt if we use this line of thinking in our daily lives.

From the Queen's point of view and all things being equal, I'm sure she does think the future is looking bright and she would be correct.

Can 'anything' happen, yes but it rarely does. Life unfolds in a more predictable fashion than people realise.

SophieChloe

Thing is, W&K will come home and be as lazy as they were before they left.  I doubt very much will ever change with these two. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

sandy

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on April 17, 2014, 09:23:57 PM
^^^ Yes but the 'nothing is ever certain' line applies to everyone and everything. Life would grind to a halt if we use this line of thinking in our daily lives.

From the Queen's point of view and all things being equal, I'm sure she does think the future is looking bright and she would be correct.

Can 'anything' happen, yes but it rarely does. Life unfolds in a more predictable fashion than people realise.

Life is not predictable not at all. Nobody knows how each day will turn out. I would not say it is rare that anything happens out of the ordinary. I would not go that far. The monarchy was never predictable--many second sons took the throne. When Elizabeth was born nobody thought she'd be Queen and look how that turned out. Diana was supposed to be Queen Consort and look how that turned out.  Nobody expected Elizabeth's Uncle David to abdicate.

I agree SophieChloe--what is predictable is Will's and Kate's continued laziness--I think a vacation will come along soon and little work done.

TLLK

^^^ And I'll agree with your first paragraph.  :) You make an excellent point regarding the famous Dukes of York who have become Kings of England/Great Britain.