Prince Harry to speaking former president Obama’s Chicago summit Oct.31-Nov.1

Started by sara8150, October 12, 2017, 08:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Returning the favour! Prince Harry will speak at Barack and Michelle Obama's summit in Chicago - weeks after the former President showed his support for the royal's Invictus Games
Prince Harry to speak at Barack Obama's Chicago summit | Daily Mail Online
October 31-November 1

Double post auto-merged: October 12, 2017, 08:55:40 PM

Prince Harry Is Set to Visit Chicago on Halloween — and Reunite With Michelle Obama!
Prince Harry Will Visit Chicago and Attend Obama Foundation Summit

Double post auto-merged: October 13, 2017, 04:03:22 PM

Kensington Palace on Twitter: "Prince Harry will attend the inaugural @ObamaFoundation summit in Chicago on 31st October. https://t.co/wWQxWmc5pK"

FanDianaFancy

Ok. Obama helped him and he us helping them

Okoko, fine butbutbut, slippery slope of the BRF getting involved like this.
Esp with, I believe !MM and PH are going to marry. She will be A D of the BRF, a citizen really there and her duties are there . Here , TheUSA will want her at BETAwards, NAACP Image Awards, congressionalBlackCaucus, supporting NFL players for taking a knee, Oscar Awards...ummmm. No. Not her role and place as a DofEngland. Mark my words. England us coming after her with no mercy, well, Black America is going to go after her for blood.

Sad sad, very sad.

Curryong

I don't think Harry will be doing any more Obama Foundation engagements after this one. And as far as Meghan is concerned I think it will be made clear to her (and she will accept it) that her primary place will be carrying out engagements in Britain and the Commonwealth on behalf of the monarch.

I can't see her undertaking huge amounts of engagements, speaking or otherwise, in the US. Fergie was fond of doing that and even in those days there was lots of criticism. Meghan hopping on a plane several times a year with expensive RPOs accompanying her, to do things in the US besides visit her parents, would be regarded as completely unacceptable nowadays.

Blue Clover

Harry is rounding out his global networking and upping his game in terms of interacting with influential people. He's a great ambassador for the BRF.

TLLK

sara8150

Reunited! Prince Harry and Michelle Obama Surprise Chicago High School Students
Prince Harry and Michelle Obama Surprise Chicago High School Students Ahead of Obama Foundation Summit

Double post auto-merged: October 31, 2017, 10:16:13 PM

Prince Harry and Michelle Obama surprise Chicago high school students
http://us.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/02017103139681/prince-harry-michelle-obama-chicago-foundation

Double post auto-merged: November 01, 2017, 12:19:01 AM

Always there for a friend! Prince Harry looks smart in a navy suit as he joins close pal Barack and his wife Michelle at the first Obama Foundation Summit before taking the stage at the event
Prince Harry attends Barack Obama Foundation Summit | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: November 01, 2017, 03:33:20 PM

Prince Harry: 'I Will Always Look Up to' My Mother
Prince Harry Calls Princess Diana His Role Model at Obama Foundation Summit

Double post auto-merged: November 01, 2017, 03:35:45 PM

Prince Harry and Michelle Obama surprise Chicago high school students
http://us.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/02017103139681/prince-harry-michelle-obama-chicago-foundation

Double post auto-merged: November 01, 2017, 03:40:37 PM

Prince Harry tells Obama summit: 'Young people inspire me'
Prince Harry tells Obama summit: 'Young people inspire me'

Double post auto-merged: November 01, 2017, 03:49:32 PM

Prince Harry: My mother Diana was the 'ideal role model'
Prince Harry: My mother Diana was the 'ideal role model' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

TLLK

Prince Harry Said Princess Diana?s Death Made Him Question the Value of Philanthropy | Vanity Fair

Quote"I can safely say that losing my mom at the age of 12 and therefore shutting down all of my emotions for the last 20 years has had a quite serious effect on not only my personal life but also my work as well," he said, adding that his brother encouraged him to get the help he needed to move on with his life.

Harry now spends much of his time advocating for mental health through his organization Heads Together, with his brother, William, and sister-in-law, Kate. But Harry told Hobson that giving back doesn't come naturally, even if one has royal blood.

"Put it this way, we don't all sit in a room with the queen and a blackboard going," the prince said Tuesday night, pretending to study a list of charities on a classroom chalkboard.

" . . . It takes a bit of getting used to," he said. "But, as I said, once you understand the privileged position you're in, you've then got to spend the rest of your life earning that privilege and giving back and also getting the trust and respect for the general public and also using that position for good."