King Mohammed VI is popular on Facebook

Started by marine2109, September 03, 2014, 12:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windsor

Not a very dignified photo of the Sovereign. He looks rather odd, perhaps its the angle in which the photo was taken?

Lady Adams

It's a selfie, Windsor. ;-) Pretty appropriate for Facebook, in my opinion. Charles has done selfies too (though they've been with others!)
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

TLLK

Nice that he took the time to pose with a young girl.

Blue Clover

Love that the King was so nice to a young person who recognized him on the streets of Paris.

Jenee

No it's not dignified at all. General question, should all photos of royals be dignified or are we in an age where we want our rulers to he "real people"??
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Blue Clover

Jenee, Excellent question! What do we expect from our "rulers" in the modern world?

Lady Adams

I agree-- this is an excellent question! Obviously, we want them more approachable than in previous centuries, but still to have authority. Yet we don't want them to be disconnected-- ie, when Albert of Monaco did the Ice Bucket Challenge, his video showed that he "got it"-- and he challenged high profile people, in addition to getting wet and do acting money. On that front, a selfie is not appropriate for an official photo, but on Facebook or Twitter, it shows a member if a royal family isn't disconnected from their people.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Blue Clover

Jenee

You touched on an important point - authority. For our rulers/leaders to command authority, they can't have your typical saturday night, beer-in-hand photos flying around the cybersphere. But a quick, unphotoshopped selfie? Probably not a big deal.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

TLLK

tiaras

Almost all the European royals including some Middle Eastern ones have social media accounts (Queen Rania ,Crown prince of Dubai ) etc etc they understand this ... the brf  :shrug:

I am kinda upset Harry and w&k did not take part in the ice bucket challenge  :notamused: