Main Menu

Using my own avatar

Started by BonnyHoneyBunny, July 01, 2016, 09:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonnyHoneyBunny

I wanted to use my own avatar. So I uploaded it to an image hosting website and then used the direct link (ending in .jpg) but it was still rejected.

Is there any way to do that?

Duch_Luver_4ever

I wonder if it is either the pixel size or memory size of the image, I know in other forums they limit both, not sure what the limit is for this one tho, hope that helps. I got this one off a website.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Jenee

@BonnyHoneyBunny, I looked at our avatar settings, and there is a size limit. Our setting were set to reject avatars that are too big. I changed the settings to instead attempt to resize the avatar if it's too big. Please try again and let me know if it works.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

BonnyHoneyBunny

Thanks @Jenee but still not working. It's also not  large file, maybe it's too small?

It's this one: https://i.imgsafe.org/afd7de79cc.jpg

Jenee

Well now this is odd. I tried using that URL and I was able to put it in and save it- I got the message that your profile was updated successfully, yet the avatar didn't save. I tried another random image URL from a different site, and the same thing happened. :hmm:

I think it's time to call in the big guns... Oi, @Windsor !! Is this a server setting issue?!??

BonnyHoneyBunny

Yes that's exactly what's been happening to me! Seems like it's not me doing it wrong then but rather a general issue! Help @Windsor (whoever you are)! :lol:

BonnyHoneyBunny

I just tried again but it's still not working. Was there any update on fixing this?

Windsor

I am looking into this, it seems access to the server is being denied. Though, I have set the permissions for access to be granted for you.

Double post auto-merged: July 14, 2016, 04:14:21 PM

Fixed. I have added my avatar to your profile for now, feel free to replace it with an image of your choosing.

Jenee

BonnyHoneyBunny

:hmm: Still not working for me when I try to add mine instead. Same problem as before. I enter my URL and it says the changes have been saved, but all that happens is that the avatar disappears.

Is anyone else still having this problem?

Jenee

I tried to click the link above, to the avatar that you originally said you wanted to use, and the link is bad. Could the site (imgsafe) have deleted it?

Double post auto-merged: July 18, 2016, 10:53:44 AM

I chose a random image and was able to add it to your profile today, so it does seem to be working again, since the last time I tried it, I got the same error as you did.

BonnyHoneyBunny

The link was still working when I tried, but I tried again and it works now, thanks for the help!

Jenee

Glad it finally started working for you!