Sophie, Countess of Wessex Poses for a Selfie at the Royal Greenwich Tall Ships

Started by cinrit, September 06, 2014, 12:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteThe Countess of Wessex today attended the Falmouth to Royal Greenwich Tall Ships Regatta, meeting sailors at the finish line.

Sophie looked relaxed and happy as she chatted with the young sailors, even happily posing for a selfie with one lucky young man.

The 49-year-old wore a causal outfit for the outdoor event, choosing a bold pair of bright green cropped trousers, purple T-shirt with a white dolphin design, and navy blazer.

The trendy mother-of-two even wore a pair of tanned Converse trainers; an unusually youthful option even for the increasingly modern Royal family.

More: Sophie, Countess of Wessex poses for selfie at Royal Greenwich Tall Ships Regatta | Mail Online

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

wannable

Oh my she dressed in the dark or that is a new fashion trend combo; green pants, purple shirt, black jacket and beige shoes. Although it may be a ploy?! to make it into the papers.

HereditaryPrincess

I doubt Sophie wore that outfit to get the papers' attention. She doesn't seem to be that sort of type. Every once in a while, the Daily Fail will have an article about Sophie, but she and Edward generally don't get as much press reports about them as HM's other children and their families do. But I agree, it's not the best outfit she has worn. The colours clash.

I love the selfie of Sophie with an admirer though! Did anyone notice that it said "HMS Royalist" on his cap? :D

Limabeany

I don't know why I hate selfies but I do, I cringe when someone asks me to take one with them and have never taken one myself, I really have an aversion for them...  :shrug:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: Limabeany on September 06, 2014, 04:46:46 PM
I don't know why I hate selfies but I do, I cringe when someone asks me to take one with them and have never taken one myself, I really have an aversion for them...  :shrug:

I cringe whenever I see other people taking them, but I myself have been known to take quite a lot! I can definitely see the appeal, and it's a fun way to capture a memorable day out with friends and family. What I do have an aversion of though is when people have selfies as their home or lock screens on their iPhones - I know a few people who do this. I just find it attention seeking.