Countess of Wessex Pictures on Holiday in Espalmador, Ibiza

Started by Limabeany, July 20, 2014, 09:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limabeany

Countess Baywatch: Sophie Wessex is red-hot on holiday (and Edward has a beach body too) | Mail Online

Edward and Sophie Wessex – who also looked impressively trim in a dazzling red one-piece swimsuit – enjoyed a day at a public beach with their children on the tiny uninhabited island of Espalmador, off Ibiza, which is famous with some visitors for its naturist beaches and mud baths.

The Countess, who turns 50 next year, has been putting in a lot of work at the gym in a bid to keep up with the glamour of the Duchess of Cambridge – and it has clearly paid off.

Sophie has dropped a dress size and shed a stone in weight after taking hour-long exercise sessions several times a week with a personal trainer.

The couple, who celebrated their 15th wedding anniversary last month, now go on twice-weekly five-mile runs around the grounds of their home at Bagshot Park, near Windsor. Friends say they decided to get fitter after Kate married into the Royal Family.

'It's a case of keeping up with the Cambridges,' said one source.

'Sophie started to dress better, she shopped at designer stores and dropped a dress size and a stone in weight after hiring her trainer.

'She didn't want to be seen as the frumpy one so she sharpened up her act. She takes her fitness, diet, and health very seriously and recently Edward saw how much better she looked. He started using Sophie's personal trainer and he's delighted with the results.'

Edward and Sophie arrived in the Balearics a week ago with their children Lady Louise, ten, and James, Viscount Severn, six. Traditionally the Wessexes holiday in the Bahamas and Positano in Italy.
By visiting Ibiza, they are following in the footsteps of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, who in 2010 stayed at a villa on the Spanish island belonging to Kate's colourful uncle Gary Goldsmith – the infamous Maison de Bang Bang.

The Wessexes are believed to be staying aboard a luxury yacht belonging to a close friend.
Later in the summer they will return to Britain to visit the Queen and Prince Philip for their traditional break at Balmoral.

Sophie and the Queen are said to be exceptionally close. The source said: 'The Queen probably sees more of Sophie and the children than the rest of her family.'
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

TLLK

Sophie's hard work and healthy eating have certainly paid off!!!! Edward looks very trim too.

HereditaryPrincess

I wonder where Louise was? James looked like he was having fun, I love the photo of him getting a piggy back from Edward.
That's funny, because I've just come back from Ibiza and thought I saw Sophie on the beach, but she was speaking German and up close looked older, so obviously wasn't Sophie. I must admit I was very disappointed at that! :doh:

TLLK

There was another photo that showed Edward, James and a small blonde ponytail in the water. Somehow she didn't end up in the main group of photos.

HereditaryPrincess

^^^ Ah OK, thanks for the information TLLK. :) I haven't seen that photo yet, is it possible if you could post it here? I find it strange that she wasn't included in most of the photos, and the only one of her was of her ponytail.

HereditaryPrincess

TLLK, is this the photo? http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/07/19/1405798749686_wps_7_EXCLUSIVE_NO_WEB_USAGE_AL.jpg I can see a small blonde ponytail bobbing in the water here.

I wonder if the yacht shown in some of the photos is theirs.

TLLK

Lothwen

So the article says that the reason why Sophie lost the weight is because she's trying to compete with Kate....

Are they daft?  Or, more to the point, do they think their readers are daft?
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

TLLK

^^^Sophie logged in and began reading the "Losin' it Thread" here at RIF. She found great tips and support from everyone here. Then that transformation began!!!!

Lothwen

You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: TLLK on July 25, 2014, 12:10:46 AM
Yes!!

Ah OK, thanks for the confirmation. :flower:

Quote from: TLLK on July 25, 2014, 05:50:53 AM
^^^Sophie logged in and began reading the "Losin' it Thread" here at RIF. She found great tips and support from everyone here. Then that transformation began!!!!

:happy15: