Duch_Luver_4Ever: Duty Should Be?

Started by Jenee, May 27, 2016, 01:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenee

Here's a great post by new member, @Duch_Luver_4ever, on the concept of royal duty.

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on May 20, 2016, 07:39:26 PM
Im SO glad this thread exists, as its a big thing I've talked about elsewhere. Duty, in its essence, is doing something because you either have to or its expected of you, it may or may not be something you enjoy doing, thats a bit besides the point.

Now in the dropping their duty game, theres lots of blame to go round for Charles & The Queen/PP with respect to Diana and the marriage.

First, it was the Queens/PP duty to have raised a child/ren capable of staying married as he promised the country and the CoE, & doing credit to the crown seeing the state of all the kids marriages and the dimbleby book, it seems she is lacking in fulfilling that duty.

It was Charles duty to keep his vows and if one of the issues was lack of time in the marriage it was even more critical that what little time he has for his wife, should not have been used up by his mistress and bachelor pursuits.

It was also his and the whole family's duty to properly prepare Diana for her role, its all fine to say "get on with it" but given how things turned out, was that really the best play? for purely selfish reasons, it would have been in their interest to keep her happy and docile.

Yes they were not well matched, but the BRF wanted that womb and with Charles being older and worldlier, it was up to him to do the heavy lifting, at least early on till Diana was able to mature into her role.

After then, they may or may not have decided on separate but together lives, but with her taking on so much so young they overwhelmed her and she lashed out.

Of course, it does make me wonder about Lady Fermoy/Frances/Sarah etc lack of teaching Diana how a royal marriage might work, had they done so, it may have saved some grief for the poor woman.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

SophieChloe

Please continue to discuss this "Featured Post" here : Duty Should Be ?
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me