State Visits and Dinners (2011 to present)

Started by cinrit, October 10, 2014, 12:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

GBR: The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Welcome The President Of Singapore Pictures & News Photos | Getty Images

QuoteKate, Duchess of Cambridge: First Picture Since Pregnancy Announced

The Duchess of Cambridge said she was glad to "get out of the house" as she carried out her first official engagement since announcing that she is expecting her second child.

The Duchess, commonly known as Kate Middleton, greeted Tony Tan Keng Yam, the president of Singapore, as he began a state visit to Britain.  She wore a grey Alexander McQueen coat and matching coloured hat by Jane Taylor for the occasion, although there was little sign of her baby bump.

The Duchess, who is just over 12 weeks pregnant with her second child, is suffering from a rare form of morning sickness which has forced her to miss a string of engagements since the summer.

However, her condition had improved sufficiently to allow her to play a role in President Tan's state visit on Tuesday.

More: Kate, Duchess of Cambridge appears in public for first time since pregnancy announced - Telegraph

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

TLLK

IMO we'll be seeing the Cambridges undertaking more participation with state visits in the coming years. William has now participated in two and if his father/step-mother are absent then I can see them being asked to meet incoming HoS.

sara8150

The Duchess of Cambridge will attend the State Banquet
The Duchess of Cambridge will attend the State Banquet | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION

We have wait and see she will wore wedding tiara or another tiara till banquet this October

wannable

Tiara time for Kate.

QuoteKate Middleton's State date with William to charm China
By SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE FOR THE DAILY MAIL
PUBLISHED: 00:28 GMT, 5 October 2015 | UPDATED: 06:17 GMT, 5 October 2015

The Duchess of Cambridge's no-shows at friends' weddings have led to her being described as a social recluse, but she is set to make one of her most significant public appearances yet.
I hear that Kate is to attend the State banquet at Buckingham Palace for the president of China, Xi Jinping, with Prince William later this month.
'Catherine will be there,' says a royal source.

Read more: Kate Middleton's State date with William to charm China by SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Apparently C&C will not be in the state banquet, the role will be covered by W&K.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on October 05, 2015, 12:14:23 PM
Tiara time for Kate.

QuoteKate Middleton's State date with William to charm China
By SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE FOR THE DAILY MAIL
PUBLISHED: 00:28 GMT, 5 October 2015 | UPDATED: 06:17 GMT, 5 October 2015

The Duchess of Cambridge's no-shows at friends' weddings have led to her being described as a social recluse, but she is set to make one of her most significant public appearances yet.
I hear that Kate is to attend the State banquet at Buckingham Palace for the president of China, Xi Jinping, with Prince William later this month.
'Catherine will be there,' says a royal source.

Read more: Kate Middleton's State date with William to charm China by SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE | Daily Mail Online

Apparently C&C will not be in the state banquet, the role will be covered by W&K.

Wow! While I'm aware of the issues that Charles has had with the Chinese leadership, I am very surprised that he and Camilla will not be present. I wonder if William and Kate will also be on hand for the arrival events in lieu of Charles and Camilla? Typically the heir-to-the-throne will be on hand if there is an airport greeting.

As for tiara guessing I'll go with the Cartier Halo or the Lotus tiara.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on October 12, 2015, 06:30:19 PM
QuoteJewels fit for a duchess: Will Kate borrow a tiara from the Queen or choose one of Princess Diana's favourites at her first ever state banquet at Buckingham Palace?
The Duchess will join the Queen at the palace in just over a week
The royals entertain the Chinese leader Xi Jinping
Kate will be required to wear a tiara and it will be the third time she has

Read more: Will Kate Middleton borrow a tiara from the Queen for first ever state banquet? | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook. 

I would like to see her wear a tiara not worn for centuries.
Would love to know if the Strathmore Rose tiara is still intact !http://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2014/10/saturday-sparkler-strathmore-rose-tiara.html

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Strathmore Rose

wannable

That is a lovely tiara which hasn't been worn for quite a time.

I can't wait for this state visit. So much to discuss, especially in reference to the POW. Will he be in any schedule?!

TryingTimes

@TLLK - The Daily Mail claims Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall will not be at the evening festivities, but will participate in events earlier in the day.

Chinese president Xi Jinping turns down seasonal fish at Buckingham Palace banquet  | Daily Mail Online

QuotePrince Charles, the Mail understands, does not intend to attend the evening's festivities because of his strong personal opposition to the country's treatment of Tibet – although final negotiations over the issue were due to take place last night.

QuoteHowever he and his wife will be attending the official welcome at Horse Guards Parade and are expected to attend the lunch thrown by the Queen afterwards at Buckingham Palace, along with Prince Philip (who once memorably told students during a 1986 tour of China that they would become 'slitty-eyed') as well as the Cambridges.
Read more: Chinese president Xi Jinping turns down seasonal fish at Buckingham Palace banquet  | Daily Mail Online

"These are the times that try men's souls... Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value." --Thomas Paine

TLLK

And it is the Lotus aka Papyrus tiara tonight. :Jen:

dianab

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/10/20/21/2D9A98E700000578-3280557-image-m-144_1445373308015.jpg

Are both bracelets loans from the Queen?

I read one of bracelets was a wedding gift from Philip... I have never read Camilla wear some jewel with "special meaning" to the Queen...

Curryong

Yes, I agree. The gown is a lovely colour and those are exquisite bracelets. However, the cut of the dress at the top and maybe the length of sleeves don't flatter Kate's rather masculine shoulders. She does look nervous and a bit blank in some photos but that's understandable. I do like that she wore an updo. No family Order yet! 

Good that they allowed several photos!

Jennifer

QuoteKate shines at her first ever state banquet

Since marrying her Prince Charming four years ago, we've only seen Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge with a tiara twice — at the wedding and at a diplomatic reception in 2013. But last night, the Duchess finally had a tiara moment again when she and Prince William joined Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip for the grand state banquet on the occasion of the visit from the President of China, Xi Jinping.

For the state banquet, the Duchess of Cambridge donned some familiar bling — the beautiful and simple Lotus Flower tiara, which she also wore at the diplomatic dinner almost two years ago. But this time, we got a proper look of the tiara — and it was just as gorgeous as we had hoped for.

The Duchess styled the tiara, which was made for the Queen Mother in the 1920s, with a gorgeous up-do. Perhaps in honour of the Chinese guests, Catherine donned a fabulous bright red gown with glittering beads sown onto the lace top and a tulle skirt by Jenny Packham.

Read more:
Kate shines at her first ever state banquet | Royalista
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

wannable

The Cambridges did well. A precursor of how it will look when William is heir apparent.

Kate is sticking to the themed colors, today also, the Chinese plum is for them the most important symbol. She did her homework.

She is in most UK's front page news today, I expect the mags will follow.

TLLK

^^^Many of the ladies associated with the State Visit (Theresa May, The Duchess of Gloucester, etc..) are selecting colors that are favored in Chinese culture.

Double post auto-merged: October 21, 2015, 03:19:02 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/21/fashion/the-duchess-of-cambridge-and-sartorial-diplomacy.html?hpw&rref=fashion&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=well-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well

BTW New York Times-QEII is not the Duchess of Cambridge's mother-in-law.   :D

Macrobug67

A thread to discuss all the state dinners and visits by foreign dignitaries  that Kate and William have attended.