Master Albert Windsor

Started by fawbert, October 05, 2007, 12:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fawbert

The Queen's cousin, Lord Nicholas Windsor and his wife Paola have been presented with their first child, a son, Albert - the sprog is th first _Mr Windsor_ descendant of the Royal House since it was instituted in 1917. The lad was born in London circa 22 Sept :thumbsup:
Fawbert

dizzylizzy13

Lila the Flirt

:lmao:

Congratulations! :flowers:

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

fawbert

All children are gifts from God.. :thumbsup:

Except when they spend most of the day in th bathroom with the hair streighteners.....
Fawbert

EmpressofIndia

From Richard Kay's column in the DM:
QuotePaola's a new royal mum

With their first wedding anniversary fast approaching, Lord Nicholas Windsor and his pretty wife Paola have much to celebrate.

For Paola, 38, has given birth to their first child - a boy named Albert after Queen Victoria's consort.

Albert, who arrived 12 days ago when Cambridge-educated Paola gave birth at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, is 26th in line to the throne - but only until he is baptised as a Roman Catholic.

Then, like his father, who six years ago emulated his mother the Duchess of Kent by converting to Catholicism, Albert will forfeit his royal succession. Albert is also the first royal descendant of George V to bear the surname Windsor but no courtesy title.

I am told Lord Nicholas, 37, dotes on Albert, who is the Kents' eighth grandchild. Last November, he became the first royal to marry in the Vatican for 400 years after the Queen gave special permission for him to wed the Croatian-born Paola.

Pic of Paola

busyme

Quote from: fawbert on October 05, 2007, 11:22:15 AM
All children are gifts from God.. :thumbsup:

Except when they spend most of the day in th bathroom with the hair streighteners.....
:happytears: :lmao3:

Congrats to them!!!! Paola is very pretty in that picture.
:kisskiss: Flirt-ite #0017 :Royal: Willite #0096

Lillianna

That article cannot be entirely correct, can it?

QuoteAlbert, who arrived 12 days ago when Cambridge-educated Paola gave birth at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, is 26th in line to the throne - but only until he is baptised as a Roman Catholic.

I thought the fact the father was a Catholic and therefore disqualified from the line of succession meant that his offspring were also automatically ineligible to succeed to the throne, especially since the father was Catholic before the child was born?
"Happy are those who expect nothing, for they will never be disappointed."

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words;
Be careful of your words, for your words become your deeds;
Be careful of your deeds, for your deeds become your habits;
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character;
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.
Anon.

brokenxhearts.

My first thought was because it wasn't baptised yet that kept him in the line of succession, but I thought the same thing at first.

peace will come when the power of
love
overcomes the love of power.
[ Jimi Hendrix ]
My name is brokenxhearts.

Lila the Flirt

If the child is baptised in the Church of England, he will be 26th in line to the throne after Lady Amelia Windsor, daughter of the Earl of St. Andrews skipping his father Lord Nicholas Windsor, son of the Duke of Kent. Just because his father gave up his claim to the throne does not mean he will too unless of course he is baptised Catholic

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Lillianna

Thanks, I didn't know that. So if William marries a Catholic then he and his offspring are no longer in the running (since the throne goes to Harry), but it's the reverse for the other minor royals? I'm still confused.
"Happy are those who expect nothing, for they will never be disappointed."

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words;
Be careful of your words, for your words become your deeds;
Be careful of your deeds, for your deeds become your habits;
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character;
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.
Anon.

Scarlet Flowers

They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept any but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.~Red Cloud

When you step out in faith, you step into a whole other world.

AHoch82

Harryite #0040

Margherita

Congrats to the happy family  :happy:

fawbert

Quote from: brokenxhearts. on October 07, 2007, 03:08:40 PM
My first thought was because it wasn't baptised yet that kept him in the line of succession, but I thought the same thing at first.

And I doubt whether a couple who married in the Vatican are for one minute contemplating the idea of a family baptized in the Anglican faith.

Fawbert

Kotty

Quote from: fawbert on October 05, 2007, 12:21:20 AM
The Queen's cousin, Lord Nicholas Windsor and his wife Paola have been presented with their first child, a son, Albert - the sprog is th first _Mr Windsor_ descendant of the Royal House since it was instituted in 1917. The lad was born in London circa 22 Sept :thumbsup:

The de facto line, not the de jure.

fawbert

Explain yourself, Kotty old Bean!
Fawbert

fawbert

Albert Louis Philip Edward to give him his full flourish of forenames.
Fawbert

LouisFerdinand

I like the fact that Master Albert has the first name of Albert. This is a name that Queen Victoria hoped would be given to males in the Royal Family for generations.

amabel

Awful name.  Really Victorian, and always reminds me of the priggish "Albert the Good"