Prince Charles and Camilla avoid garlic so they don’t smell at engagements

Started by Jennifer, September 30, 2016, 01:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

I can understand why they avoid garlic . It has a very strong unpleasant odor and it still lingers even after eating it on food. Nobody wants to go to important meetings in public places around people smelling like garlic.

QuoteIn a week, where what happens during business meetings and engagements has dramatically hit the headlines, Tom Parker-Bowles has given away some trade secrets as to what precautions some members of the Royal Family do to avoid food-related issues affecting their meeting people at close-quarters.

He said that the Royal chefs were very, very good but among the ingredients definitely off the menu for either engagements or the evening before were onions, garlic and chili. The former two are well-known for leaving an odour on the breath, and he commented "You can't go stinking of garlic when you are shaking hands the next day". According to a former Royal chef who was interview earlier this year, Her Majesty, The Queen has an aversion to garlic and believes it is anti-social to eat it.

As for eating chilli, rather than an odour it has a tendency to induce perspiration. At an event where formal attire is required which in itself may make the wearer overly warm this could also lead to embarrassment with the eagle-eyed press in attendance.

Read more:
Prince Charles and Camilla avoid garlic so they don?t smell at engagements – Royal Central
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

sandy

Tom is plugging his books again name dropping Mum and Sir. He rarely mentions his father. He is like Pippa IMO trading in on a royal connection.

TLLK

Quote from: Jennifer on September 30, 2016, 01:51:27 PM
I can understand why they avoid garlic . It has a very strong unpleasant odor and it still lingers even after eating it on food. Nobody wants to go to important meetings in public places around people smelling like garlic.

QuoteIn a week, where what happens during business meetings and engagements has dramatically hit the headlines, Tom Parker-Bowles has given away some trade secrets as to what precautions some members of the Royal Family do to avoid food-related issues affecting their meeting people at close-quarters.

He said that the Royal chefs were very, very good but among the ingredients definitely off the menu for either engagements or the evening before were onions, garlic and chili. The former two are well-known for leaving an odour on the breath, and he commented "You can't go stinking of garlic when you are shaking hands the next day". According to a former Royal chef who was interview earlier this year, Her Majesty, The Queen has an aversion to garlic and believes it is anti-social to eat it.

As for eating chilli, rather than an odour it has a tendency to induce perspiration. At an event where formal attire is required which in itself may make the wearer overly warm this could also lead to embarrassment with the eagle-eyed press in attendance.

Read more:
Prince Charles and Camilla avoid garlic so they don?t smell at engagements – Royal Central
I've read that many members of the BRF will avoid garlic for this reason. I agree that it can be overpowering. I wouldn't expect either of them to go to Gilroy, California which bills itself as America's Garlic Capital!

Duch_Luver_4ever

Garlic has many health and anti ageing benefits, but im sure he has access to stuff we can only dream of, we commoners have to make do with the humble bulb.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.