Design the perfect program for an heir!

Started by TLLK, November 11, 2014, 07:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snokitty

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on November 18, 2014, 07:58:02 AM
There certainly would among the local female population! Anyway, I think Princess Michael was a bit much for some people, in and out of the BRF.
:hehe: I agree with both of your points.

amabel

Quote from: Canuck on November 14, 2014, 12:56:11 PM
No law requires it, but I've read that the current Queen strongly encouraged it because she thought it was helpful in building ties with other countries.  She married a man from France, and her two sons have had three marriages between them, all of them to women from other countries.
I read some book recnelty, not sure who by, but it said that the queen of Denmark encouraged dating and marrying outside the country because it was better not to have one's old girlfriends/boyfriends popping up.  I don't know much about Danish royalty so no way of knowing if this is true.

TLLK

There was also some speculation that it was going to be more troublesome for the press to find "dirt" on someone from outside of Denmark.

amabel

I think that it said something that if you had an affair with someone in Denmark, I suppose (long time since I've been there so I don't remember) it is a smallish place and possibly parochial so your "old friend" or indiscretion would be too close to home.   It sounds a bit odd IMO... and may not be true, but then both Danish princes have married foreign women?