Nottingham Cottage aka Nott Cott

Started by TLLK, November 28, 2017, 02:51:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

A little information about Harry and Meghan's home at Kensington Palace. :Jen:

Harry and Meghan engaged: Royal couple will live at Nottingham Cottage

QuoteThe modest property has just one bathroom, a living room and a kitchen, as well as a small yard to which Harry added a hammock when he moved there in 2013
Nottingham Cottage: the cosy two-bed in Kensington that will make Meghan and Harry's first home

QuoteNottingham Cottage is one of the smallest properties within the grounds of Kensington Palace and was formerly the home of the Duke of Edinburgh?s private secretary, Brigadier Sir Miles Hunt-Davis, and his wife Gay.  Princess Diana's sister Lady Jane Fellowes and her husband Sir Robert Fellowes also lived there.
Small and low ceilings, but it seems like a charming starter home.

Map of the KP complex. http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/08/19/21/3768212800000578-0-image-m-31_1471639013152.jpg

Curryong

Perhaps Harry will fix up a double hammock in the back garden!

Nott Cott is 18th century and people as a rule were shorter then. However, both Harry and William are well over six foot tall so I don't think the ceilings can be that low, or they would have moved elsewhere. I've got a feeling that between now and next Spring there's going to be a frantic lot of refurbishment going on in one of the apartments at KP! Also the search for a suitable country place will be on in earnest. There is no way, IMO, that H and M will be staying at Nott Cott for years at a time.

TLLK

^^^Quite likely any of the taller residents have the lower parts of the ceilings memorized so they can make a nighttime trip without bumping their heads. :lol:

Curryong

Nott Cott is indeed very modest though probably cosy. However they're not likely to be there for long.

TLLK

I think that it will be a starter home until something larger becomes available at KP. They'll need a secure London base but I don't see them living at St. James Palace.

Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Cottage at Kensington Palace | PEOPLE.com

QuoteAnd it is one of a few cottages within the compound. ?They are well restored, typical country cottages and originally used for the estate workers. In the past 40 years or so they?ve been accommodation for senior members of the household,? Wharfe adds. ?They?ll be updated but there certainly wouldn?t be room for servants. Not far from there are apartments, almshouses that housed some of Princess Margaret?s staff.?