Royal Tour 2014: Engagements and appearance in Australia

Started by Jenee, April 07, 2014, 10:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Quote from: Aduk on April 18, 2014, 06:22:25 PM
Wish we could see more of Prince George on this tour but I can understand Kate and William wanting to keep him away from the media and public spotlight at such a young age.

Wills and Kate don't wanted baby George in spotlight as young till older enough but the new parents have rightful to protect baby George from spotlight and don't wanted publish without knowledge at palace or Clarence House have permit to magazine publish include hello,people,us weekly,majesty,royalty,etc of magazine agency or newspaper agency who publish under for that at royal palace..

Wills and Harry grewup in spotlight in royals who is son of Prince Charles and late Diana,princess of Wales but the brothers is grandsons of HM Queen Elizabeth both have rightful as private person..

Wills can protect George in future if Kate plans more child somedays and he will protect child in spotlight and don't publish newspaper or magazine..

PrincessOfPeace

Dying baby moves Kate and William to tears: Royal couple meet little boy the same age as George at Sydney children's hospice

QuoteThe Duke and Duchess of Cambridge fought back tears today as they met a dying baby the same age as Prince George.

William and Kate were visibly moved as they met nine-month-old Max McIntyre at the Bear Cottage Hospice in Manly, Sydney.

Born a happy, healthy baby, just six weeks ago he was struck down with bacterial meningitis and given days to live

Wills and Kate struggled to keep their composure as they met the blond youngster and his parents.

William, 31, later said: 'I welled up and was really worried I would start crying.

'Once I started I wouldn't I have stopped, so it took a great effort to control myself.

'He's a similar age to George - it was extremely moving.'

Bear Cottage is one of only two centres in Australia that provide palliative care to children.

Giving her only speech of the tour, Kate said she wanted to create a 'community of best practice' with East Anglia Children's Hospice, of which she is patron in the UK.
More: Kate and William are moved to tears as Royal couple visit Sydney children's hospice | Mail Online

Limabeany

Another mysterious tears report...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

TLLK

William seemed concerned that he'd lose his composure. Had he needed to leave to get a grip on his emotions, I'd understand. Having watched royals for decades now I've noticed that  most are masters of the stiff upper lip, but every now and then it slips.  :cry:

Limabeany

It conveniently slips through his aides... Over 450 photographers and reporters, isn't it? But, only his aide knows of the tears and because he saw them but because William told him so...  :orchid:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

SophieChloe

They are most likely tired.  These few days are the most that they have worked for ages.

I'm sorry, but I sense no sad emotions from either of them. 
Quote from: Limabeany on April 18, 2014, 09:49:49 PM
It conveniently slips through his aides... Over 450 photographers and reporters but only his aide knows of the tears because William told him so...  :orchid:
Exactly!   These two are as hard as nails - IMO.  Go through the motions, come home and rest for goodness knows how long.... :Lothwen:

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Limabeany

Agreed, Kate went from working 4 times in 4 months to a Tour... Mufti que was reserved on day two, for sure!  :happy15: And, William, of course did not have working for two weeks straight in his mind when he embarked on his gap year. I'd be weeping too.  :happy15:

Lady Adams

I thought the comment about the toupee was rather odd. I guess I'd never say that too or about my husband in public, with strangers-- even if it's a joke.  :shrug:

I wonder why Kate keeps saying things that don't make William look great-- the banana thing (even if a joke) and saying her dress was too bright, coupled with this comment, and not mentioning him in the hospice speech-- strike me as odd marriage behaviour  :hmm:

Quote from: Aduk on April 18, 2014, 06:22:25 PM
Wish we could see more of Prince George on this tour but I can understand Kate and William wanting to keep him away from the media and public spotlight at such a young age.

We may see him at the zoo! And then again, leaving Australia.  :RAFWilliam:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Lady Adams

:hula:
Quote from: Lady Adams on April 10, 2014, 02:06:20 AM
I thought it might be interesting to keep track of how many hours they spend on engagements. I've taken start and end times from Twitter. Here's how it breaks down, according to tweets by whoever is "on duty" in the press pool.

April 7: They arrived and had the welcoming ceremony, Landed 12.00 NZ time (first tweet by @RoyalReporter at the airport) last tweet @ByEmilyAndrews at the conclusion of the ceremony at 14.30 NZ= 2.5 hours
April 8: Rest
April 9: Play Date: 14.30 NZ- 17.00 NZ tweets from @ByEmilyAndrews= 2.5 hours
April 10:
Aviation & Wreath Laying Event, 11.30 NZ- 14.00 via Tweets by @QueenVicMirror and @BritishRoyals= 2.5 hours
Prince William, two 20-min meetings (reported by Daily Mail): 1 hour
Reception: 18.55 NZ time from @BritishRoyals - 19:47 NZ time from @RE_DailyMail: 1 hour
Total: 4.5 hours
April 11: 2 Events ( Boat rides, and meeting Air Force Personnel)
11:28 NZ arrival by tweeted by @GovGeneralNZ; 15:59 NZ Time departure, again tweeted by@GovGeneralNZ.
April 12: 2 Events (William to Air craft facility; Kate to Hospice, then both to meet the Olympic Athletes)
11:08 NZ arrival tweeted by @APProyalvisit; 16:15 NZ departure tweeted by @GovGeneralNZ.
Total: 5 hours
April 13: 4 events (Maori Tribe Welcome, Visiting Cathedral, Watching a Rugby game, and Wine Tasting)
09:46 NZ Arrived in Dunedin via @QueenMirVic; 16:37 end of wine tasting b @RE_DailyMail
Total: 7 hours

Week One Total: 19 hours

April 14: 2 Events (Memorial service, watching a Cricket game, and visiting a Museum)
10:50 NZ Arrived at Christchurch, via @RoyalReporter; 15:14 via @APPRoyalVisit
April 15: Rest
April 16: 3 Events (Visiting police college, signing city book)
11:03 NZ Arrival via @BritishRoyals; 13:59 departure from New Zealand via @APPRoyalVisit
Total: 3.0 hours (NZ)
New Zealand's final total is 26.5.
(Off to Australia, then reception at Sydney Opera House)
15:34 AUS Arrival on plane to Sydney via @RE_DailyMail; 17:39 AUS Arrival to Admiralty House, where they will stay, via @phildampier;
Total: 2.0 hours (AUS)
Total: 5.0 hours
April 17: 1 Event (Visit fire ravaged street)
11:01 AUS arrvial via @BritishRoyals; 15:45 AUS departure via @julesskynews = 4.75
+Will's 20 minute meeting with Tony Abbott

Total 5.0 hours

April 18: 3 Events (Royal Easter Show, Hospice, and watching life-savers demonstration)
10:54 Royal Show arrival via @BritishRoyals; 16:39 AUS beach departure via @QueenVicMirror
Total: 5.75

April 19: 2 Events (Checking out the RAF site and reception)
April 20: 2 Events (Service at cathedral and visiting the zoo)
April 21: Rest
April 22: 1 Event (Visiting National Ingenious Training Academy)
April 23: 2 Events (Music workshop and watching skateboarders)
April 24: 3 events (National Portrait Gallery, reception, and tree planting)
April 25: 3 Events  (ANZAC Day March, wreath laying, tree planting.)
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Limabeany

PrincessOfPeace

Quote10:21am Cameron Atfield: The first of the dignitaries has arrived - Chief of Air Force Air Marshall Geoff Brown, Vice Chief of the Defence Force Air Marshal Mark Binskin and their wives.

And, as I type, Chief of the Defence Force General David Hurley and Defence Minister David Johnston have landed, to be greeted by the ceremonial guard and the band, which has been brought back into action with some short but sweet ditties.

Both arrived via Challenger jets, part of the RAAF's 34 Squadron.
More: Royal tour 2014: Prince William and Kate visit Brisbane and RAAF Base in Amberley

Limabeany

:goodpost:
Quote from: Lady Adams on April 18, 2014, 10:29:07 PM
I thought the comment about the toupee was rather odd. I guess I'd never say that too or about my husband in public, with strangers-- even if it's a joke.  :shrug:

I wonder why Kate keeps saying things that don't make William look great-- the banana thing (even if a joke) and saying her dress was too bright, coupled with this comment, and not mentioning him in the hospice speech-- strike me as odd marriage behaviour  :hmm:

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteREGIONAL Queenslanders suffering through the drought will be among more than 200 people with a chance to talk to William and Kate in Brisbane today.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will touch down in Queensland at 11.05am at the Amberley RAAF Base.

Their ceremonial arrival will include God Save the Queen and Advance Australia Fair and a royal guard of honour.

The royal visit to RAAF Base Amberley, including No 1 Squadron, is a continuation of a long relationship.

The RAAF's No 1 Squadron was embedded in the Royal Flying Corps - later the RAF - during World War I.

In 1927, His Royal Highness Prince Albert, Duke of York (later King George VI) visited Australia, which marked the first royal family visit to a RAAF Squadron.

The most recent royal visit to the Amberley base was in March, 2011, when the Duke of Cambridge toured some of Queensland's worst-hit areas of flooding during his three-day visit.
More: Queensland set to welcome Duke and Duchess of Cambridge | Rockhampton Morning Bulletin

robynrose

Love love the dress she is wearing Think it is the best one in tour ( did like the yellow )

PrincessOfPeace

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 10 mins

The Duchess of Cambridge receives flowers & gifts from children after planting a tree in Amberley #RoyalVisitAus  Twitter / britishroyals: The Duchess of Cambridge receives ...

Lady Adams

Quote from: robynrose on April 19, 2014, 02:18:48 AM
Love love the dress she is wearing Think it is the best one in tour ( did like the yellow )
My favorite was the white (though it did look a lot like her McQueen on the SE Asia tour)  :)

We're discussing Kate's tour fashion/hair/wardrobe in another thread, if you want to join us RobynRose: Duchess of Cambridge' tour wardrobe / fashion / style ,.etc

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge proved her pedigree in Queensland on Saturday, when she accepted her husband's invitation to climb into the cockpit of a F/A-18F Super Hornet.

"Do you fancy jumping in the back," the duke, a former RAF officer, asked her.

But Prince William must have taken some pity on his wife, and climbed into the back himself, leaving Kate to slide, without incident, behind the controls from a flight of mobile stairs.

Commanding Officer Stephen Chappell remarked there was some "byplay between the two as to who was sitting in what seat".

The couple touched down at Australia's largest air force base at Amberley, west of Brisbane, about 11am, where they were greeted with an honour guard and fly over by the Super Hornets based there.

The couple chatted happily with dignitaries including Governor Penelope Wensley, Defence Minister David Johnston, Premier Campbell Newman and his wife Lisa, and the mayor of Ipswich Paul Pisasale, who last spent time with William as the city recovered from its devastating 2011 floods.
Video and More: Fancy a ride, William teases Kate - Yahoo!7

Quote'Do you fancy jumping in the back?' These were Prince William's smooth words to Kate as the pair inspected the Super Hornets at Amberley Air Base shortly after touching down in Brisbane this morning.

The pair is touring No 1 Squadron at the base - which is the first Super Hornet squadron outside the US.

It's a plane William won't have flown himself in the UK - but he wasted no time stepping into the flight seat, while Kate watched on.

He then stepped into the back seat - where the weapons are controlled, allowing Kate to take the pilot's seat.

She spent some time in the cockpit, asking questions of her RAAF hosts.

Chief of Air Force Air Marshall Geoff Brown and Commanding Officer of Number 1 Squadron, Stephen Chappell talked the young royals through the jet's operation.
More: The Duchess wears an L.K. Bennett dress as she and Wills leave Sydney | Mail Online

TLLK

Quote from: Limabeany on April 18, 2014, 09:49:49 PM
It conveniently slips through his aides... Over 450 photographers and reporters, isn't it? But, only his aide knows of the tears and because he saw them but because William told him so...  :orchid:
And I noticed a quote from one of the families who met with the couple and noticed that their emotions were getting the better of them.

This is what the parents of nine month old Max McIntyre had to say  regarding their encounter with the Cambridges. " Kate and William were fighting back tears when we told them about Max. They could totally see themselves in us as both our sons were born around the same time."

Now after rereading the DM article I didn't see anything about his aides mentioning his tears. If someone could quote where his aides were mentioning them I'd be much obliged.  :)

sara8150

Kate takes control in the cockpit: Duchess climbs into Super Hornet fighter jet on visit to Brisbane with William
Kate takes control in the cockpit: Duchess climbs into Super Hornet fighter jet on visit to Brisbane with William | Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: April 19, 2014, 06:12:08 AM

The Daily Treat: Prince William & Duchess Kate Tap into Their Animal Instincts
http://www.peoplepets.com/people/pets/article/0,,20808167,00.html

cinrit

From Clarence House's Storify account:

QuoteDay Thirteen: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in Brisbane

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge spent the day in Brisbane today, where they visited RAAF Base Amberley and were given the chance to try the Super Hornet Simulator Facility as they hopped in the cockpit and were given a demonstration.

The visit by Their Royal Highnesses to the military base is the continuation of a long-standing relationship that runs back to World War 1 when the No1 Squadron was embedded to the Royal Flying Corps (now the RAF).

During the visit, Their Royal Highnesses were also shown around the base’s memorial garden where they planted a Plunkett Mallee (Eucalyptus curtisii) tree, which is a native tree of Queensland. They also spent some time privately with the family members of four Australian servicemen who lost their lives in recent conflict.

More: Day Thirteen: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in Brisbane (with images, tweets) · clarencehouse · Storify

QuoteA Speech by The Duchess of Cambridge at Bear Cottage

It really is wonderful to be here today - having the chance to meet you all and to see the incredible work of Bear Cottage. First class delivery of children's palliative care is life changing.  When families are confronted with the shattering news that their children have a life limiting condition, their world can fall apart.  It is at those times that professional support is imperative.

I first saw this through East Anglia’s Children's Hospices and have since been fortunate to see similar work in Malaysia, then last week at Rainbow Place in New Zealand, and now here today. William and I are strong believers in collaborative work.  The sharing of best practice is transformational for organisations.  The needs of families requiring children's palliative care across the world are varied.  Circumstances and environment can differ - but the aim of those supporting them is the same - to offer the best and most loving care possible.

More: Speech

QuoteAustralia Royal Visit: Day Twelve

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visited the Sydney Royal Easter Show today.

As they toured elaborate displays of produce grouped by Australian regions, one exhibitor, Lyn Crejan, 67, talked about the wealth of fruit and vegetables in a colourful design behind her.

When she showed them a tuft of alpaca wool - which was a similar shade of brown to The Duke's hair - The Duchess joked about her husband using it as a wig.

Ms Crejan, a farmer from the settlement of Glenn Innes in New South Wales, said: "The Prince was interested in the alpaca and as I showed it to them the princess said he should put it on his head.  She said, 'you need it more than me', and pointed to his head and he laughed."

More: Australia Royal Visit: Day Twelve

Cindy

Double post auto-merged: April 19, 2014, 12:16:20 PM

QuoteThe Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Tour Australia And New Zealand - Day 13

Large crowds cheer and try to catch a glimpse of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge as she does a walkabout on the South Bank on April 19, 2014 in Brisbane, Australia.

More: Large crowds cheer and try to catch a glimpse of Catherine Duchess of... News Photo 485580537 | Getty Images

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

robynrose

Notice they went to rugby game last night . How come they have to be back every night  for George except private time at lodge plus wk vacation ,NO. Night engagements because of George . See no reason not to go to the game more fun times but the George thing is crazy . THis baby will now be off to the Zoo . This part of the tour is more serious however . Do not  know how I would feel about that if I was from New Zealand  . This part is showcase ing  them more as serious royals so far .She should have saved her thank u for another speech not at the Hospice . Think she was only good for the one speech . Again why no speech at Rainbow Room ( forgot that was brief visit speech not included )

cinrit

QuoteKate Has a Baywatch Moment as Royal Couple Hang Out with Surfers in Sydney

The Duchess of Cambridge gave her best Baywatch impression as she visited Sydney's Manly Beach with Prince William as part of their Royal tour of Australia.

After spending the afternoon at the Sydney Royal Easter Show, the Duke and Duchess met the beach's famous lifeguards in front of 12,000 screaming fans.

Kate attempted to prove her beach bum credentials as she ran along the golden sand in a pair of precarious high heel wedges. The Duchess maintained her usual elegance alongside the speedo-clad surfers and lifeguards, wearing a a flowing summer dress.

More: Beach bums: Kate has a Baywatch moment as Royal couple hang out with surfers in Sydney - World - News - London Evening Standard

Cindy

Izabella

cinrit

^^ Not all news is interesting to everybody. :)

Cindy

Lady Adams

I think we all appreciate you posting news, Cindy :hug:

But gee whiz have many if these articles been silly!