George Michael's intimate relationship with Princess Diana

Started by Kritter, January 04, 2018, 09:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

George Michael's relationship with Princess Diana revealed | Daily Mail Online

QuoteShe even confessed the details of her impending 'grim' divorce from Charles in 1996 on a recording made at the singer's house in Hampstead, London, and told him she had to escape the 'not-very-loving royals' at any cost.

'She was like a lot of women who have been attracted to me in my life. They see something non-threatening,' he dished during a 2009 interview.

'There were certain things that happened that made it very clear that she was very attracted to me. There was no question.'

Before Charles's supporters go on about proving something they have created in their own minds to defend C&C's behavior toward Diana, read the article.

QuoteWhen asked if he ever considered sleeping with Diana, he coyly told the Huffington Post: 'I knew it would have been a disastrous thing to do.'

He also admitted he tended to 'shy away' from calling her because he worried it would come off as 'intrusive.'

QuoteDiana told him of the strains of her divorce while taking a swipe at the Royals saying: 'Not a very loving, compassionate family, this one I'm leaving.'

royalanthropologist

I would not challenge anything Diana said in terms of her unhappiness with the Windsors. My only query was why she insisted on remaining associated with them? If all she said was true, logic would suggest that she should run a mile. The moment that they suggested divorce, she ought to have been running to embrace that idea; after all it was "Not a very loving, compassionate family, this one I'm leaving.".

On an aside I would argue that Diana did not have the sense of discretion, moderation and temperament to be a senior member of the Windsor house. She could not cope with the system because it was outside her own values and wavelength. The best thing was to "set her free" so that she could pursue her own projects. That is what they did in the end but they should have done it much, much earlier.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Duch_Luver_4ever

I dont think anyone is going to suggest she slept with George Michael, she didnt have the right equipment for him. Like a lot of young girls she enjoyed hanging out with gay men, theyre a non threatening male presence they can share common interests (fashion, style, etc). She one time was smuggled into a gay club dressed as a man with Freddy Mercury, and was friends with Elton John, and other gay men.

I also wish shed left the RF a lot earlier, I think one of the reasons she stayed so long was that she was convinced she needed the titles and status to be liked. The poor girl was so insecure and didnt understand how much and why ppl loved her that she stayed much longer than necessary.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

sandy

She stayed in because divorce was discouraged for her and Charles. She could not just up and leave she would have lost custody of the boys and had limited access. She had no choice in the matter. It was only after Dimbleby and Bashir that the Queen wanted the divorce. As late as 1991 the Queen and Philip wanted the marriage to go on even having a C and D  "togetherness" trip on a yacht which did not work.

I don't think Diana was so hung up on titles and status. She pointed out to Prince Philip she had a title of her own. She became more secure after the separation.

Kritter

QuoteI don't think Diana was so hung up on titles and status. She pointed out to Prince Philip she had a title of her own.

:thumbsup:

People seem to miss the point of her doing the Morton book & Panorama it was to force them to allow her to get the divorce & keep her children at the same time.

She was secure enough & intelligent enough to take on "the Firm" & win.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Thats not a point thats lots on me, often im in disagreement with others on the board about the fact that she was trying to set off a divorce, but didnt want to be the one to fire the first shot. But the titles did matter to her, she fought to keep the HRH, was disappointed to lose it, and as much as I dislike Burell I think he was spot on when she thought ppl wouldnt come out as much to see her without them, and he tried to set her straight.

In both sets of tapes she talks a lot about not feeling good enough, etc. and while that got less with time, I think it was still a big part of her, sadly.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

sandy

She was still Diana, Princess of Wales and kept the title without the HRH. 

Burrell has said a lot of things.

She did not feel "good enough" because her self esteem was hurt by Charles preferring the mistress. Once the divorce happened, she was moving on and looking for causes and charity work.

Kritter

Burrell is always trying to toot his own horn. He tries to make people believe that he was the only one Diana confided in because he was her "rock". I believe very little of what he says because he was just a servant & I doubt she really told him what she was thinking.

She thought the HRH was important because of her Sons. She already had a title & discovered it unnecessary after all.

QuoteIn both sets of tapes she talks a lot about not feeling good enough

Because C&C broke down her confidence. That is where the bulimia came from. When she got help for the bulimia she regained her confidence & C&C's abuse was rewarded with the truth.

My MIL loved Diana & I heard about her for years, she was also very wise in people's behavior. An abused person (especially emotional abuse) will take everything out on themselves because they are made to feel unworthy.

During the marriage Diana was constantly crying out for Charles's acceptance & love. C&C call that mentally unstable & it isn't it is called being a very young human female.

C&C caused everything that she did when she regained her self confidence & got what they deserved.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Yes, Burell has his issues, but when he says something that lines up with things Diana said, and not only said, but in private, that carries more weight with me, than his usual flights of fancy about being on Diana's mind 24/7...although as she steadily mistrusted the RF, she did get kind of painted into a corner as she wanted less and less staff, Burell ended up doing far more for her than one person should have had that access and power, he was almost like her "backstairs billy" so to speak.

Kritter

He was a nosy busy body. I believe it was the royal chef that said Diana often admonished him fore stepping over the bounds & that he had personally come into a room one day & caught Burrell going through her personal things.

They would have let him go to jail if it had not come to light that a member of the BRF was gay (believed to be Charles) & the Queen stepped in to save him but it wasn't him that she saved in reality.

He was trying to promote himself even before & after Diana.

Quoteshe wanted less and less staff

Only by Charles's standards which were much higher than the rest of the BRF. He had far to many & still does) doing senseless jobs that he personally could have done had he not felt so entitled. The QM ruined Charles with that attitude of being the most important person in the world.

Quotebut when he says something that lines up with things Diana said

Just repeating what everyone already knew to make himself look important but he was just a servant.

SophieChloe

Oh Boomerang Burrell again.  I'll never forget an interview he gave after Diana died and him saying "it's the people that matter to me always have, I'm a Humanitarian".  It think he thought he was the new Diana. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Duch_Luver_4ever

He wasnt repeating something that everyone else knew, he was this year talking about his convo with her about how she was concerned at the time she lost the HRH would affect her popularity. Im talking about taking something that a person says and comparing it to what we know about prior things she said to others, to see if it checks out. Very few ppl lie ALL the time. (agreed @SophieChloe he's desperately trying to bask in the glory of those days)

Yes thees the smouldering scandal about Charles, his staff, and such being involved in that sort of stuff, im betting if Charles is other than straight, hes likely bi, if theres any truth to those rumors. Also Edward has had his share of rumors, if I had to bet on a member of the Rf being full on gay, it would be Edward...not theres anything wrong with that, Jerry, George, Kramer and Elaine  :partaay:

Kritter

Quoteif I had to bet on a member of the Rf being full on gay, it would be Edward..

Don't use your life savings on that bet.

Quotehe was this year talking about his convo with her about how she was concerned at the time she lost the HRH would affect her popularity.

20 years later trying to promote himself. Why would she tell a servant something like that? Could he have done anything to change that? NO
The public were also horrified that the BRF was using that to be vindictive. IMO he was just jumping on a train that everyone had already ridden on.

sandy

Diana did not make that comment. And Burrell did say some odd things this year which are too creepy for my to even post here.

Diana's comment was William wanting to restore the HRH when he got to be King.

I don't think Edward is gay.

royalanthropologist

Quote from: Kritter on January 05, 2018, 01:58:58 PM
:thumbsup:

People seem to miss the point of her doing the Morton book & Panorama it was to force them to allow her to get the divorce & keep her children at the same time.

She was secure enough & intelligent enough to take on "the Firm" & win.

The divorce was good for Diana? I definitely agree with that. Divorce was the only reasonable end to that marriage.
As for beating the firm...hmmm. They are still there, alive and kicking. She is not. The institution is behaving as if Diana was nothing more than an unpleasant blip in their routines.   But I can see how that can be re-construed as winning.

Double post auto-merged: January 05, 2018, 08:32:13 PM

As for sleeping with George Michael or not sleeping with him. That was her business. I don't think it reflects badly on her either way. My concern was the constant need to share "secrets" with all and sundry. You don't do that when you are one death away from becoming Queen.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

What does someone dying have to do with anything? Unless  you believe in conspiracy theories?

You don't know how the "firm" thinks. You make them sound like heartless monsters. Diana is still the mother of two royal children that she gave birth to.

I doubt DIana slept with George Michael.

royalanthropologist

Someone said she "won in the end". I say she did not. Dying young from preventable causes and having a large funeral is not "winning" in my book. Diana's attempt to destroy the Windsors in general and Charles in particular seem to have failed. They are not acting like people who are defeated in any way. What I see is them doing exactly what they have always done...get on with their duties. The only people that are really thinking about or concerned for Diana's legacy are W&H (and perhaps their spouses and children). Everybody else does not seem to be much bothered either way.  They do not speak of Diana (either negatively or positively) because they would rather not be put in a position of saying nice things about her that they do not really believe or mean.

"One death away from being queen" is the situation of the wife of POW. If and when queen dies, they become queen.

sandy

So famous people who die young who have made a difference don't "win?" I totally disagree with that.

Tell that to admirers of John Lennon, John F. Kennedy, James Dean, Elvis Presley and anybody that has made a difference but died young.

Why do you assume only DIana's children are concerned about her legacy? Diana had admirers around the world including Nelson Mandela.

You can't speak for "everybody else." This is probably your own projection about Diana which is usually negative.

Who are they?" that you speak about? You don't speak for me.

Camilla will not be Queen Regnant but Queen Consort. I think she will be but a footnote.

royalanthropologist

If Camilla was worried about whether or not she is going to be a "footnote", I would have recommended therapy for her. Normal well adjusted healthy people do not worry about whether or not they are going to be "footnotes in history". That is just for megalomaniacs who are obsessed with their "legacy". I doubt "legacy" is on Camilla's mind.

I would also point out that the more famous Diana becomes, the more famous Camilla is. You can't talk of Anne Boleyn without also talking about Jane Seymour. It is a circular thing. Camilla is the woman that managed to prise Charles away from Diana. That was a personal defeat for her and it seems that many of her fans have never gotten over it. So...I doubt Camilla is about to be forgotten any time soon. Let alone the fact that she is on course to be the Queen Consort to Charles III. She will always be remembered as a key figure in British history...not as a "footnote"....whatever that means anyway.

Diana made a difference. Her making a difference is not a defeat for anyone, let alone the Windsors who have done a pretty good job of ignoring her.  If I "can't speak for anybody else"; the same principle applies. Your opinions too do not represent other people. I wonder why it is so hard for people to take what they dish out?

sandy

Obviously Camilla does, she cooperated with Junor on the book The Duchess, which raised her to sainthood. She obviously was satisfied by Gal Pal Junor giving her such accolades. I notice she likes to wear large tiaras and grin for cameras.  She wanted the bling and the fame IMO.

I don't see Camilla as normal or well adjusted considering her life.

Camilla is not the mother of royal heirs. Jane and Anne both were the mothers of monarchs. Camilla will never be. No comparison.

Prise Charles away from Diana! The two were going at it for years and even before Diana came on the scene. They had make out sessions in front of Camilla's first husband.  Charles had to be with Diana long enough to sire those heirs. Camilla was always in the drivers seat and butted into the marriage. of Charles and Diana.

Camilla will never be a key figure in British History. Just a mistress who lucked out.

Who cares if the Windsors ignored her? Her sons are the future and her son William will be King; They are Windsors so you can't speak for all the Windsors' attitudes.

I don't use the words "most people" or "everybody else" or "they" and "we" like you do. I was saying you don't speak for me. I never claim to say that I speak for  you.

royalanthropologist

Camilla's jewels are her entitlement by marriage and also because her husband loves her and likes to buy her nice things. I think it is rather sweet. She is quite normal. Certainly no need for therapists, confessionals and gurus in her life.

If Camilla was not a "key part of British history", there would be no need to gratuitously rope her into a thread about Diana's relationship with George Michael, would there? Certainly she has never claimed to be a mother of future kings or aspired to be so. All she wanted was Charles and that she most definitely got.

BTW, I will use the words I chose not necessarily what you want me to use @sandy.

sandy

Camilla is not normal. She is an anachronism from Edwardian times. Instead of wanting to be a wife and mother she aspired to be like her Great Grandmother, A Royal Mistress. A normal woman with any sort of heart would not have butted in and she should have stopped seeing or contacting Charles after he got engaged.

Of course Camilla loves the bling and perks. IT is not sweet is it greed since she saw off another woman to get it. She knowingly watched as Charles continued to treat his wife like trash.

You brought up DIana not winning because she died young.

You can claim everybody in the world thinks like you or you represent them all you want. But the point is you don't represent my opinion and those of others necessarily.

royalanthropologist

I think you will find she is normal. I have never heard of Camilla needing any therapy of any sort. She seems like a perfectly happy person. It is also untrue to say that I am the one who brought up the idea of "Diana winning". Please reread the post and you will see that it is someone else who brought up that red herring.

sandy

she is not normal. She is an anachronism and I stand by my opinion. Of course she's happy she got what she schemed for.

I'm not going to rehash the post. My point is that even though Diana died  young she "won." I stand by my opinion.

Kritter

@sandy  I am becoming obsessed with your opinions.   :laugh10:   They are thought out & rational unlike some posters that just try to incite.