Author Topic: Royal Hats  (Read 5570 times)

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
Re: Royal Hats
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2016, 03:34:14 AM »
British Royals Celebrate Queen’s Birthday | Royal Hats

Members of the British Royal Family gathered this weekend at Windsor for a jam-packed weekend of events that combined two favourites- the Queen and the Royal Windsor Horse Show. Over the weekend, Her Majesty was spotted enjoying the show as a kerchiefed spectator.
“Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too”      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2016, 07:12:47 PM »
http://us.hellomagazine.com/royalty/1201507234957/queen-maxima-brimming-with-style-her-best-hat-looks/1/

Royals love a great hat, but there's no denying Queen Máxima of the Netherlands takes the crown for boldest brims. If you love some seriously sensational headgear, check out this edit of our faves from the Dutch Queen's wardrobe...
“Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too”      Voltaire

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2016, 08:12:42 AM »
Dutch Queen Launches Youth Initiative | Royal Hats

Queen Máxima was in Utrecht today to kick off a nationwide activity week for young people entitled “Getting Opportunities, Grabbing Opportunities”. For this event, she repeated her oversize burgundy picture hat with straight sided crown and large mushroom-shaped brim. The the colour and scale of this hat will always make Máxima stand out (which makes me love the hat) but I was less enthused about the styling of the overall ensemble.

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2016, 03:51:07 PM »
Day 2 of Jordanian State Visit to Belgium | Royal Hats

The Jordanian state visit to Belgium continued today with a tour of Brugge which included stops at a chocolate shop, a secondary school and the Town Hall. Queen Mathilde chose another new hat for these events, a pale pink calot trimmed in rows of coordinating lace trim and a mass of bows on the side. The lace stripes are my favourite part of the hat as they add lovely dimension and movement to the piece while visually separating it Mathilde’s dress- it’s a great visual trick that makes these two pieces, which are clearly made of the same fabric, not look overly matched.

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2016, 06:13:04 AM »
Dutch Queen Christens Cruise Ship | Royal Hats

HMS Koningsdam, the newest and largest ship in Holland America’s cruise fleet, was officially christened today in Rotterdam by Queen Máxima, who used the occasion to début a new hat.

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2016, 11:46:15 PM »
This Week’s Extras | Royal Hats

Princess Ubol Ratana of Thailand (below left) photographed at the Cannes Film Festival last weekend in an interesting gold spray headpiece while Infanta Elena (below right) was spotted in another fedora at another bullfight (Bekia)

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2016, 11:53:39 PM »
Top Royal Hats in April | Royal Hats

While the polls for best new and repeated royal hats worn during the month of April were much closer than in past months, you have prevailed, dearest readers, and named two clear winners:

Double post auto-merged: May 24, 2016, 02:48:23 PM

Hat From the Past | Royal Hats

Looking back 45 years ago today to a glorious green and blue feathered hat worn by the Queen Mum to the 1971 Chelsea Flower Show.

Double post auto-merged: May 24, 2016, 11:27:19 PM

Norwegian Royals Welcome Polish State Visit | Royal Hats

The Norwegian Royal Family braved rainy weather yesterday to officially welcome Polish President Andrzej Duda and Mrs. Agata Grain Hauser Duda on a two-day state visit.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 11:27:19 PM by snokitty »

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2016, 06:30:21 AM »
British Royals Host Garden Party | Royal Hats

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh opened the garden of Buckingham Palace today to host the final London garden party of the season. For this event, the Queen repeated her sky blue straw hat with stepped crown, raised brim and beautiful feather flower trim. I remain a great fan of this piece although I am rather curious about why the Queen repeated it so soon after last week’s appearance. Perhaps she loves it as much as we do?

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2016, 03:17:59 AM »
This Week’s Extras | Royal Hats

Princess Anne had the honour of ringing the recovered bell of HMS Hood, 75 years after the vessel sank (Portsmouth News)

Infanta Elena in a chocolate fedora to present awards at last weekend’s Longines Global Champions Tour equestrian event in Madrid (Oxersport). She was also spotted at two bullfights, making it a week of fedoras for this Spanish princess.

Offline LouisFerdinand

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    98%
    • Favorite royal: King William IV of Great Britain
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2016, 06:12:12 AM »
                             Princess Miriam of Hungary's wedding hat   
                               The 18 Most Amazing Hats At Luxembourg's Royal Wedding | Luxembourg, Princesses and Royal Weddings

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2016, 04:44:03 AM »
British Royals Kick Off Battle Of Jutland Commemorations | Royal Hats

Princess Anne and Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence attended a service at a war graves cemetery on Saturday to mark the Battle of Jutland. This event in Scotland began several days of commemoration that are leading up to the battle’s official anniversary tomorrow and Tuesday.  To remember this battle, the largest naval battle of World War I, the royal couple predictably attended in their naval uniforms.

Offline Jenee

• Administrator
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Favorite royal: Zara Phillips
    • Royal Insight
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2016, 04:41:10 PM »
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Offline LouisFerdinand

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    98%
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2016, 06:08:08 AM »
                           Alexandra and Marie Feodorovna: 1910 hats   
                             Queen Alexandra of UK, mother of the future King, George V, and her sister Maria Feodorovna, mother of Nicholas II of Russia - 1910 | Pinterest |

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2016, 02:59:18 AM »
Belgian Noble Wedding | Royal Hats

The marriage of Princess Alix de Ligne and Count Guillaume de Dampierre took place on Saturday in the Beloeil municipality of Belgium.  After the ceremony at St. Peter’s church in the village of Beloeil, a large reception was held at Château de Belœil, the thirteenth century home of the bride’s paternal family. Princess Alix’s mother was born Princess Eleonora of Orléans-Braganza of the Brazilian royal family and her father is Prince Michel of Ligne (the House of Ligne is one of Belgium’s oldest noble families, dating back to the eleventh century) whose mother was born Princess Alix of Luxembourg (youngest sister of Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg). This post over at the Royalement Blog gives a great introduction to the couple.

Double post auto-merged: June 22, 2016, 03:34:33 AM

Belgian Noble Wedding: Grand Ducal Guests | Royal Hats

When a noble bride’s extended family contains members of the Brazilian, Belgian and Luxembourgish aristocracy, one can expect many royal guests at the wedding! Such was the case for last weekend’s marriage of Princess Alix de Ligne and Count Guillaume de Dampierre last weekend. As the bride’s father, Prince Michel de Ligne, is a first cousin of Grand Duke Henri, most of the Grand Ducal family of Luxembourg were in Belgium for the wedding. My sincere thanks to Valentin Dupont, author of Royalement Blog, for generously sharing his photos of the event.

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa repeated her black straw slice hat with ribbon twist trim, a hat that remains a great one for her. With her tan leaf trimmed suit, the hat made for a polished ensemble.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 03:34:35 AM by snokitty »

Offline LouisFerdinand

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    98%
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2016, 06:02:07 AM »
At the wedding of Princes Alix, Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie's yellow straw picture hat is vibrant for Spring and Summer.

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2016, 08:55:12 AM »
Belgian Noble Wedding: Royal Guests Part 2 | Royal Hats

After looking at the bridal couple and their mothers and the Grand Ducal family, we’re going to wrap up our look at last weekend’s wedding of Princess Alix de Ligne and Count Guillaume de Dampierre with a review of the hats worn by some of the remaining royal guests. My sincere thanks to Valentin Dupont, author of Royalement Blog, for generously sharing his photos of the event.

Archduchess Marie-Astrid of Austria wore a small green cocktail hat trimmed with natural straw twists, beige feathers and a net tulle veil. I’m all for royal women trying new hair shapes but the base of this one feels too small for Marie-Astrid, and the placement of it’s embellishment leaves the piece looking like a toy helicopter hovering over her head.

Double post auto-merged: June 23, 2016, 01:24:20 AM

British Royals in Liverpool | Royal Hats

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh spent the day in Liverpool today where they visited the town hall, opened a children’s hospital (where they attended a tea party on one of the wards) attended an international business festival and opened a new conference exhibition centre. For this busy day of engagements, the Queen repeated a pale pink straw hat I have been hoping we’d see again this season.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 01:24:20 AM by snokitty »

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2016, 02:36:33 AM »
Norwegian Silver Jubilee | Royal Hats

The Norwegian Royal Family gathered in Trondheim today to celebrate the 25th anniversary of King Harald and Queen Sonja’s reign (see a clip of their consecration 25 years ago today, here). This morning, the family attended a service of thanksgiving at Nidaros Cathedral  Queen Sonja wore a new hat for the occasion, a simple white straw boater style with flat crown and brim.

Double post auto-merged: June 24, 2016, 05:48:13 AM

Luxembourg Royals Celebrate National Day | Royal Hats

The Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg celebrated their country’s national day today with a number of events begining wit an official ceremony and a military parade. The third event of the day, an annual interreligious Te Deum service at the Luxembourg Cathedral, saw the women of the family all wear new hats.

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa led her family in a grey-blue straw design with ‘slice’ raised brim. The underside of the raised brim is moulded in a gentle stepped shape, the only embellishment on this very sleek design. With Maria Teresa’s streamlined dress and coat, the hat topped an elegantly restrained ensemble. I very much like the shape of this hat on Maria Teresa as it gives her some height, but I would have liked to see a pop of colour somewhere. Anywhere.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 05:48:13 AM by snokitty »

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2016, 01:47:27 AM »
British and Greek Royals Attend British Society Wedding | Royal Hats

On Saturday, the great-granddaughter of the late Lord Mountbatten of Burma, Alexandra Knatchbull, was married to Thomas Hooper at Romsey Abbey, near the bride’s family estate Broadlands, in Hampshire.

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2016, 12:07:06 AM »
Danish Royals Take Up Summer Residence | Royal Hats

On Monday, Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik arrived in Aarhus on the royal yacht en route to their summer residence at Marselisborg Palace. Queen Margrethe repeated her fuchsia straw hat with white rosette trim and and navy floral double hat band. I can’t help also noticing that Prince Henrik sported a new but very distinguished looking goatee.

Double post auto-merged: June 30, 2016, 03:09:50 AM

Best New Royal Hat: Ascot 2016 | Royal Hats

Royal Ascot always brings us a parade of new royal hats and this year was no exception. With so many beautiful designs at the races this year, we are going to narrow down our favourites to two (yes, two!) winners to put through to our year-end contest for favourite royal hat of 2016.

Based on your comments, fourteen new millinery designs caught your eye at Royal Ascot this year. They cover the gamut of design from picture hats to perchers, lattice to lace, feathers to fabulously large flowers.  Click on any of the photos to jump back to their original feature posts (complete with reviews from our expert panel of royal milliners). Here are these fourteen beauties, in the order that they were worn:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 03:09:51 AM by snokitty »

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2016, 03:06:32 AM »
Battle of the Somme Centenary Part III | Royal Hats

On Friday, Princess Anne was in St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Beaumont-Hamel, the First World War battle that saw hundreds of Newfoundland soldiers slaughtered on the French battlefield in the opening day of the traumatic Battle of the Somme. For this event, the Princess Royal surprised in a new hat. A pale blue saucer, the design is trimmed with a slim bow and feathers on the crown as well as a pair of blue applique straw leaves placed on the underside of the raised brim. It’s an entirely new style and shape for Anne that works very well for her, thanks to the scale (it’s just the right size for her). While I wish it was a more saturated blue, I’m happy to see Anne in a stylish hat.

Double post auto-merged: July 04, 2016, 03:47:49 PM

Queen Elizabeth Kicks Off Holyrood week | Royal Hats

Queen Elizabeth arrived in Edinburgh on Friday to begin an annual week of engagements in Scotland. For her arrival, she repeated her lilac-grey straw hat with gently sloped crown and raised brim, trimmed with straw roses and bow loops in the same hue. It’s a hat of beautiful proportion and detail and the Queen wears it very well.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 03:47:49 PM by snokitty »

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2016, 03:07:51 AM »
Closer Look: The Green Mirman Flowered Turban | Royal Hats

Another one of Queen Elizabeth’s instantly recognisable hats from the past is her green turban with kerchief draped back, studded with white silk flowers made by Simone Mirman.

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2016, 11:43:09 PM »
Closer Look: Queen Elizabeth’s Childhood Hats | Royal Hats

We have discussed many of Queen Elizabeth’s hat styles here on Royal Hats and peeked at her fashion during almost every decade of her life. We have not, however, looked at the hats she wore as a child.

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2016, 04:54:42 PM »
Best New Royal Hat: Queen?s 90th Birthday Weekend | Royal Hats

Simply put, Queen Elizabeth’s 90th birthday celebrations last month were a royal hat extravaganza. With most members of the British royal family attending both the Service of Thanksgiving and Trooping the Colour, this birthday party was a two day long festival of royal millinery. Twelve designs stood out to you, based on your comments, as stellar pieces. From this dozen, we are going to name our top two favourites to put through to our year-end contest for favourite new royal hat of 2016.

Offline snokitty

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2016, 02:48:15 AM »
Closer Look: The Royal Blue Mother of the Bride Hat | Royal Hats

Buckingham Palace opened its segment of the exhibition, “Fashioning a Reign: 90 Years of Style from The Queen’s Wardrobe” recently, adding to exhibitions already open at Holyrood House and Windsor Castle. There are some truly spectacular pieces, including the Hardie Ames coat and coordinating Simone Mirman hat Queen Elizabeth wore for Princess Anne’s first wedding in 1973.

Offline LouisFerdinand

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    98%
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2016, 06:05:02 AM »
                      The Princess Royal wears a pretty purple hat.   
                       British and Greek Royals Attend British Society Wedding | Princess Anne, Royals and Princesses

Royal Insight Forum is not responsible for the content of external sites